If I could improve Walt Disney World....

Suchomimus

For monorails, a new batch of Mark 7s to not only replace the older, current Mark 6s, but also bring in a few more monorails for the new monorail lines (where the routes may be possible to add). For boats, some new seating and a new coat of paint for the fleets. And for buses and taxis, new vehicles with new color schemes and other features.

spacemt354

Chili's
Telepoarion devices :p
In honesty I would add a walking trail or jeep ride to connect AKL and AK

What a coincidence we literally had that as a project in The House Cup last year (I think it was the round before you joined!):p
If You're From Africa, Why Are You Going to the AKL?

l.jpg

Thanks to @David2319 for coming up with this Mini-Challenge!

This challenge is a unique one, as you will be tasked with connecting Africa with a mode of transportation to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and back, to give the resort a more connected feel with Disney's Animal Kingdom.

You must have a total of 5 sentences (no over/under) and the option of adding up to 2 images to describe your mode of transportation. Same rules and point values apply from last "Year" :D

2-2.gif

This mini-challenge is due Thursday May 5th at 11:59 PM EST!

If You're From Africa Submission - For Gryffindor!

Being the only Deluxe Resort without a form of transportation other than buses to get to theme parks, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge will receive a walking path that will connect the resort with its own quaint kiosk to Animal Kingdom similar to the International Gateway for the Epcot Resorts.

The walkway will come with the expansion of the Villas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge due to the recent growth of DVC resorts, with the title taken from the African word that embodies community and friendship, Ubuntu Village.

The 0.5 mile walking path will travel through Ubuntu Village and through the expanded savannah, seeing a variety of animals you'll encounter in Africa, and creating a seamless transition to the park. When approaching Africa, guests can stop and read informational signs along the way, teaching them about the continent they will be visiting.

Ultimately, this pathway will offer guests of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge an exclusive entrance to the park, but also be a cost effective option for Disney, as they wouldn't need to add any form of motorized transportation service.
disney-animal-kingdom-villas-kidani-village.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
I do not remember that project but since AKL is my family's home resort I would love that!
Haha It was Year 2 and I think you joined in Year 3!

That feels like yesterday btw:p It's weird -- I remember the exact time you joined, I was on a train reading the forum and a new member popped up interested and then did a mini-challenge right away and I was like..."ah we gotta keep this person around the forum:bookworm::D"

kmbmw777

Haha It was Year 2 and I think you joined in Year 3!

That feels like yesterday btw:p It's weird -- I remember the exact time you joined, I was on a train reading the forum and a new member popped up interested and then did a mini-challenge right away and I was like..."ah we gotta keep this person around the forum:bookworm::D"
Haha. I had been watching the forum for like a month but then I was like "schools out. Let's take a go at this" lol

warfelg

So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not (feel free to correct me if it isn't):

Epcot has long been my favorite part at Disney, one of my favorites period. So to me it's sad that they kinda "neglected" the park a bit. So I've kinda evolved my own "master plan" for Epcot and how to refurbish the park. There sill be a mix of IP and original ideas.

Year 1:
Spaceship Earth - Big "change" here would be to turn it into an attraction that is 1/2 Forbidden Journey and 1/2 Mission: Space. Rather than a look back, turn Spaceship Earth into a fun journey through space that starts as a mission from the ISS that goes wrong and explores the solar system before returning to the ISS, unknowingly bringing something valuable.

Imagination! - This will close at the same time as Spaceship Earth. Keeping with the idea of theater, learning space, ride I propose the following: Short 4D film in the theater, starting Figment and Dreamfinder. In the "Learning Space" or main gathering area, I'm thinking of a "create your own" space with the ability to make art and print it onto stuff, a "decorate your own cake/cookie" space. In the ride, a 3-D ride with the characters from Inside-Out, where Joy learns Bing Bong is still around and goes to rescue him, and the riders are along to help.

Italy - Just a refresh for them. Maybe find a way to develop a "Soarin'" like attraction using Maserati or Lamborghini as a sponsor, everyone in a car like vehicle that stays still. Also have a "wine making" show or a comedy kitchen show.

So through year one we see some big changes already, as you can see the idea is the mix of old school Epcot and IP's that will blend nicely and make Epcot appeal to older people and young kids

Year 2:
Mission Space - I get this one might seem redundant with Spacship Earth's overhall, but Uni get's away with it, but Mission Space would become a multi-attraction Guardians of the Galaxy themed pavilion. A short 3-D ride based around a Nova Core mission where Star Lord helps you. A short-ish launch tower. And a small Guardians meet and greet area.

United Kingdom - Indoor wild mouse ride, themed around London, 50's-60's look to it, Mini Cooper looking cars, featuring music by the Beatles. Turn the dining into a real pub.

Illuminations Night Show - A whole new night time show. Feature around some elements from movies featured in the different world showcase lands. So elements from Frozen, Mulan, Ratatouille, some classic Fantasia things.

Year 3:
Universe of Energy - Renamed and re-designed into "Universe of TRON". A light-cycle ride that will be a "motorcycle" like car with a launched roller coaster element. Classic arcade. 3-D Journey into the ENCOM Mainframe starring Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn.

The Living Seas - More of a reskin than entire overhaul. Renamed "Worlds Seas with Nemo and Friends". The rides would stay the same, just get updated. Recreate discovery cove so kids can touch stuff. A fun short ride that's gentle called Escape from the Marine Life Institute with Hank. This area really aimed at younger kids.

Mexico - Ride get's redone into an "exploration" guide ride called "Escape from the Aztec". But instead of it being straight forward, you are exploring the wild when attacked by Aztecs, and the Agents of Shield (from the TV Show) tell you to get out and an 0-8-4 (Object of unidentified origin) brought the Aztecs back to life. Along with Daisy, May, Coulson, and Mack you manage to get the 0-8-4 and escape. Dining gets an update.

France - Long rumored Ratatouille based ride.

If you haven't noticed by now, most attractions are re-using current structures, some are expanding, some are using unused areas that are there. In every case the work is being spread out to avoid side-by-side attractions being closed at the same time.

Year 4:
The Land - By this time Soarin' will be ready for a big time update. New screens, projectors, and ride seating. The land will also get a 3-D motion simulator ride, something akin to Jimmy Fallon's ride, I personally would call "Racing across America with [Insert popular race car driver here]". Parts of Route 66, Pacific Coast Highway, Blue Mountain Parkway, Route 1. Also get a "foods of America" area, akin to old Mall style food courts, but things like StL Ribs, Lobster Rolls, Fish Tacos.

Wonders of Life - Bringing back an almost defunct part of the park, would be retooled and with some work with Universal (Giving them more rights or longer rights to some Marvel Characters, or maybe get the rights to MCU characters they aren't currently using for rides), call it: Doctor Strange's Sanctum Santorium. A pavilion all around that. An indoor launched coaster that takes you through the various parts of the multi-verse. A 'spellcasters education' of an interactive show where audience helps Doctor Strange and Wang fight the forces of evil. And a Screen show showing the history of the world, via time travel with the Eye of Amagoto.

China - A suspended slow ride that combines projections, real sets, and effects to travel from the Hymalayas to the Great Wall. Update all the food areas.

Morocco - A brisk but not intense ride simply called "The Magic Carpet". Travel the continent of Africa with Aladdin and Apu on their Magic Carpet. Something like Escape from Gringrotts. Update to the food areas.

Year 5:
Test Track - Huge overhaul here. Gone is the test track concept. In it's place, an dark ride based on Big Hero 6 that's a shooting game. On the outside, keep the track, but cover it, re-design the cars, and you got Flight over San Franokyo. Turning one attraction into 2 attractions while retheming it to something that can stick for a while.

Germany - A scaled down version of Test Track is moved here, but now sponsorless and done in the theme of a ride on the Autobahn. Like the Italy area, Germany will get a more adult themed show of "Making of Oktoberfest" where brewing is shown. And a food area is simply an Oktoberfest like pavilion.

Canada - Update to the food like all the other world pavilions. Also here would be a very Disney like thing to do: Bobsled rollercoasters are few and far between. This is where I would put one in at. Doesn't have to be big, just twisty and fun. Ditch "O Canada" and introduce a "mini-Hockey Hall of Fame".

Year 6 (Final Year):
By now everything on the outter edges of that park will be done, so closing off Innoventions would be no problem. Foot traffic could easily flow around this area now.

Innoventions - A whole new Character spot. An observation tower built in the middle with a futuristic look to it. Some shops, a nice restaurant spot. A few flat rides. Everything themed around "looking forward".

Other Improvements - Untouched world pavilions (Norway, America, Japan) get updates. Monorail station just outside the park gets an upgrade, along with a small station inside the park for early opens of guests on the resort.

So there you go. My personal 6-year wishlist improvement plan for Epcot. It's a major overhaul for the park and a large project. But as far as I'm concerned, Disney had just let many of these spaces sit for so long that little tweaks won't work and they will need to heavily invest in the park to bring it into the new age. The combination of fresh ideas, and IP's would be unique, as it will keep the park from becoming too "campy" with characters and movie references everywhere, but it would still be uniquely Disney.

spacemt354

Chili's
So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not (feel free to correct me if it isn't):

Epcot has long been my favorite part at Disney, one of my favorites period. So to me it's sad that they kinda "neglected" the park a bit. So I've kinda evolved my own "master plan" for Epcot and how to refurbish the park. There sill be a mix of IP and original ideas.

Year 1:
Spaceship Earth - Big "change" here would be to turn it into an attraction that is 1/2 Forbidden Journey and 1/2 Mission: Space. Rather than a look back, turn Spaceship Earth into a fun journey through space that starts as a mission from the ISS that goes wrong and explores the solar system before returning to the ISS, unknowingly bringing something valuable.

Imagination! - This will close at the same time as Spaceship Earth. Keeping with the idea of theater, learning space, ride I propose the following: Short 4D film in the theater, starting Figment and Dreamfinder. In the "Learning Space" or main gathering area, I'm thinking of a "create your own" space with the ability to make art and print it onto stuff, a "decorate your own cake/cookie" space. In the ride, a 3-D ride with the characters from Inside-Out, where Joy learns Bing Bong is still around and goes to rescue him, and the riders are along to help.

Italy - Just a refresh for them. Maybe find a way to develop a "Soarin'" like attraction using Maserati or Lamborghini as a sponsor, everyone in a car like vehicle that stays still. Also have a "wine making" show or a comedy kitchen show.

So through year one we see some big changes already, as you can see the idea is the mix of old school Epcot and IP's that will blend nicely and make Epcot appeal to older people and young kids

Year 2:
Mission Space - I get this one might seem redundant with Spacship Earth's overhall, but Uni get's away with it, but Mission Space would become a multi-attraction Guardians of the Galaxy themed pavilion. A short 3-D ride based around a Nova Core mission where Star Lord helps you. A short-ish launch tower. And a small Guardians meet and greet area.

United Kingdom - Indoor wild mouse ride, themed around London, 50's-60's look to it, Mini Cooper looking cars, featuring music by the Beatles. Turn the dining into a real pub.

Illuminations Night Show - A whole new night time show. Feature around some elements from movies featured in the different world showcase lands. So elements from Frozen, Mulan, Ratatouille, some classic Fantasia things.

Year 3:
Universe of Energy - Renamed and re-designed into "Universe of TRON". A light-cycle ride that will be a "motorcycle" like car with a launched roller coaster element. Classic arcade. 3-D Journey into the ENCOM Mainframe starring Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn.

The Living Seas - More of a reskin than entire overhaul. Renamed "Worlds Seas with Nemo and Friends". The rides would stay the same, just get updated. Recreate discovery cove so kids can touch stuff. A fun short ride that's gentle called Escape from the Marine Life Institute with Hank. This area really aimed at younger kids.

Mexico - Ride get's redone into an "exploration" guide ride called "Escape from the Aztec". But instead of it being straight forward, you are exploring the wild when attacked by Aztecs, and the Agents of Shield (from the TV Show) tell you to get out and an 0-8-4 (Object of unidentified origin) brought the Aztecs back to life. Along with Daisy, May, Coulson, and Mack you manage to get the 0-8-4 and escape. Dining gets an update.

France - Long rumored Ratatouille based ride.

If you haven't noticed by now, most attractions are re-using current structures, some are expanding, some are using unused areas that are there. In every case the work is being spread out to avoid side-by-side attractions being closed at the same time.

Year 4:
The Land - By this time Soarin' will be ready for a big time update. New screens, projectors, and ride seating. The land will also get a 3-D motion simulator ride, something akin to Jimmy Fallon's ride, I personally would call "Racing across America with [Insert popular race car driver here]". Parts of Route 66, Pacific Coast Highway, Blue Mountain Parkway, Route 1. Also get a "foods of America" area, akin to old Mall style food courts, but things like StL Ribs, Lobster Rolls, Fish Tacos.

Wonders of Life - Bringing back an almost defunct part of the park, would be retooled and with some work with Universal (Giving them more rights or longer rights to some Marvel Characters, or maybe get the rights to MCU characters they aren't currently using for rides), call it: Doctor Strange's Sanctum Santorium. A pavilion all around that. An indoor launched coaster that takes you through the various parts of the multi-verse. A 'spellcasters education' of an interactive show where audience helps Doctor Strange and Wang fight the forces of evil. And a Screen show showing the history of the world, via time travel with the Eye of Amagoto.

China - A suspended slow ride that combines projections, real sets, and effects to travel from the Hymalayas to the Great Wall. Update all the food areas.

Morocco - A brisk but not intense ride simply called "The Magic Carpet". Travel the continent of Africa with Aladdin and Apu on their Magic Carpet. Something like Escape from Gringrotts. Update to the food areas.

Year 5:
Test Track - Huge overhaul here. Gone is the test track concept. In it's place, an dark ride based on Big Hero 6 that's a shooting game. On the outside, keep the track, but cover it, re-design the cars, and you got Flight over San Franokyo. Turning one attraction into 2 attractions while retheming it to something that can stick for a while.

Germany - A scaled down version of Test Track is moved here, but now sponsorless and done in the theme of a ride on the Autobahn. Like the Italy area, Germany will get a more adult themed show of "Making of Oktoberfest" where brewing is shown. And a food area is simply an Oktoberfest like pavilion.

Canada - Update to the food like all the other world pavilions. Also here would be a very Disney like thing to do: Bobsled rollercoasters are few and far between. This is where I would put one in at. Doesn't have to be big, just twisty and fun. Ditch "O Canada" and introduce a "mini-Hockey Hall of Fame".

Year 6 (Final Year):
By now everything on the outter edges of that park will be done, so closing off Innoventions would be no problem. Foot traffic could easily flow around this area now.

Innoventions - A whole new Character spot. An observation tower built in the middle with a futuristic look to it. Some shops, a nice restaurant spot. A few flat rides. Everything themed around "looking forward".

Other Improvements - Untouched world pavilions (Norway, America, Japan) get updates. Monorail station just outside the park gets an upgrade, along with a small station inside the park for early opens of guests on the resort.

So there you go. My personal 6-year wishlist improvement plan for Epcot. It's a major overhaul for the park and a large project. But as far as I'm concerned, Disney had just let many of these spaces sit for so long that little tweaks won't work and they will need to heavily invest in the park to bring it into the new age. The combination of fresh ideas, and IP's would be unique, as it will keep the park from becoming too "campy" with characters and movie references everywhere, but it would still be uniquely Disney.
Absolutely this is the right place - welcome!

This is a catch all thread for any ideas to improve WDW -- and these would certainly help Epcot!!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
No hard feelings, but

I'm just saying that they're better ways than what Warfelg did. And I hope that this doesn't start an argument chain.

Well, that's your opinion. Personally if that's how you feel, I'd rather you not dismiss a new member's ideas without providing helpful feedback to improve in the future.

You've been around here enough, we all support each other -- never dismiss.

DisneyManOne

I've got a question, guys...

In his excellent EPCOT Manifesto, sshindel proposed creating a whole new Festival Center for EPCOT. Taking up the space where the Equatorial Africa pavilion would have gone, this Festival Center would take inspiration from the 1964 World's Fair, complete with Carousel of Progress being moved over from Magic Kingdom, a restaurant inspired by "it's a small world", and a Festival Center made to look like the Tower of Light, with the whole thing being marked by a replica of the Tower of the Four Winds.

My question is: could something like this work for EPCOT Center and World Showcase, or would you rather the space be used for new countries?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom