Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Wellllll? My dear wife was the one that labelled this "Ikea".

We already own at Bolder Ridge (thank god).

WDW? No money for you :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

freediverdude

In the cabins, the blueprint makes it look like one of the closets on the front porch opens directly into the bathtub, but this can't be right. But it wouldn't be a window either....and it shows the wall ending about halfway across the closet. Weird.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Mar 2.

IMG_9233.JPG

IMG_9232.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Thank you for sharing these photos. The cabins look o.k. from the water side angle of your photos.

Yet, I'm wondering how they appear from the lodge side. My concern is that the cabins might distract from the wilderness views from the resort's ground and balcony views--unless there are plans in place, to plant additional trees and foliage in that area.

ToTBellHop

How are they going to keep people from getting eaten alive by mosquitos in those cabins? The forest is still quite close and they won't spray there. I was bit a dozen times in 10 minutes on a balcony at the Lodge last summer, so I couldn't imagine walking back to the furthest cabin at night! Bring your Off! Deep Woods!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How are they going to keep people from getting eaten alive by mosquitos in those cabins? The forest is still quite close and they won't spray there. I was bit a dozen times in 10 minutes on a balcony at the Lodge last summer, so I couldn't imagine walking back to the furthest cabin at night! Bring your Off! Deep Woods!
The same way they do over the entirety of WDW. I don't think there is a guest accessible area of WDW that is less than a few hundred feet away from an area that wouldn't be considered mosquito heaven.

Last edited:

flyerjab

The same way they do over the entirety of WDW. I don't think there is a guest accessible area of WDW that is less than a few hundred feet away from an area that wouldn't be considered mosquito heaven.

I completely agree. I am almost afraid to ask what they do to keep people from being constantly eaten alive by mosquitos. Consider the heat and humidity, coupled with the constant presence of water and surrounding swamp land and we travel to the resort multiple times each year. I can't recall the last time I was ever bitten in WDW, and this is with swimming after dark in the resort pools, walking the path between DHS and the Boardwalk, etc.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I completely agree. I am almost afraid to ask what they do to keep people from being constantly eaten alive by mosquitos. Consider the heat and humidity, coupled with the constant presence of water and surrounding swamp land and we travel to the resort multiple times each year. I can't recall the last time I was ever bitten in WDW, and this is with swimming after dark in the resort pools, walking the path between DHS and the Boardwalk, etc.
Megan and I were discussing this last night. Neither of us have ever been bitten while in WDW, it defies logic. I shudder to think what type of resources they are expending to ensure this.

By the way, is zika still a thing down there?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Megan and I were discussing this last night. Neither of us have ever been bitten while in WDW, it defies logic. I shudder to think what type of resources they are expending to ensure this.

By the way, is zika still a thing down there?
It still exists, but the media has moved on to other things so you would never know it.

In regards to what Disney does to keep them at bay, it is my understanding that they do pretty much everything that can be done. They spray, eliminate breeding grounds where possible, use traps, natural predators, etc.

ToTBellHop

As I said, they have NOT been successfully doing this at Wilderness Lodge as it is. I had a balcony overlooking the smokehouse and the same forest that this cabins will be up against.

Whenever I've been bitten by a mosquito, it's been at a resort. I wonder how mosquitoes are for the Treehouse Villas? I was also eaten alive on the bridge between Bay Lake Tower and Contemporary watching Wishes in October. And there's concrete everywhere, there!

I'm not complaining, by the way. I'm genuinely curious of what the plan is here.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As I said, they have NOT been successfully doing this at Wilderness Lodge as it is. I had a balcony overlooking the smokehouse and the same forest that this cabins will be up against.

Whenever I've been bitten by a mosquito, it's been at a resort. I wonder how mosquitoes are for the Treehouse Villas?
I can say that I have never been bitten at a resort and I have stayed at nearly all of them. I honestly don't think I have ever been bitten at WDW.

That being said, the mosquito problem in Florida has been getting worse over the last few years. A single hard freeze will often deal a serious blow to mosquito population and the majority of the state has not seen freezing temperatures for more than a few hours at a stretch for what seems like several years.

ToTBellHop

I can say that I have never been bitten at a resort and I have stayed at nearly all of them. I honestly don't think I have ever been bitten at WDW.

That being said, the mosquito problem in Florida has been getting worse over the last few years. A single hard freeze will often deal a serious blow to mosquito population and the majority of the state has not seen freezing temperatures for more than a few hours at a stretch for what seems like several years.
Maybe I just taste better to them.

note2001

The lake side porches are screened in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom