Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Since it is the Saturday of the last weekend of the Festival, World Showcase was wall-to-wall guests.....as many as I have seen on F&W weekends. Totally cray-cray. Em has never experienced F&W and she was shocked at the length of the lines at the food and beverage stations ~ and that there was no space on the Promenade that didn't have a person occupying it!

We could barely get close enough to view the art in the booths. We didn't even bother with the food kiosks.

But we did have fun posing in the art. :p

View attachment 190487

View attachment 190488

View attachment 190489

Norway's Flower & Garden troll is ready!
View attachment 190490
Love those living photos!:inlove: And of course Em and the troll. Cute.

And what ??? No up charge ??? :confused:

Scoppin

Pixie dust that all of you get to return to the world sooner than you think! :happy:

On behalf of the kids, thank you. They are wishing about going back. Every once in a while, spontaneously, one or the other will say they miss Disney and wish they were back. Makes me happy to hear they had a good time and want to go back. But at the same time sad, knowing the reality of the matter. But there is always hope.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
For Gabe1 ~
Cabana furniture heading to a DVC member lounge in another abandoned attraction?
This should be funny....if it wasn't potentially true. :oops:

Well if they were "single" gals maybe each of them wanted to hook up with some "single" guys. ?????
The teen female-to-male ratio was off the charts this weekend....not unlike the ratio on a senior singles cruise. :cautious: :joyfull:

Looks like @TrolleyFollower91 photobomb was a teacher attempting to get her students attention.
Yeah, it's hard for her to switch out of "teacher mode."

Love those living photos!:inlove: And of course Em and the troll. Cute.
And what ??? No up charge ??? :confused:
The upcharge was certainly in the food & beverage kiosk offerings....of which we did not partake.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
On behalf of the kids, thank you. They are wishing about going back. Every once in a while, spontaneously, one or the other will say they miss Disney and wish they were back. Makes me happy to hear they had a good time and want to go back. But at the same time sad, knowing the reality of the matter. But there is always hope.
Make a wish and do as dreamers do
And all your WISHES will come true :happy:

BackOTheLine

Kona and Poly are looking for my final thoughts....

* Restrooms, on the other hand, are deplorable. In all my visits (trust me, there were many, ask Em) I only saw an attendant one time. No matter which restroom I was in, at least half of the paper towel dispensers were not working. (Two of the dispensers in the Tangled restroom have been broken since last summer!) Many faucets did not sense when soapy hands were underneath them.:mad: TP was not replenished. Garbage cans overflowed. I could always count on Disney for immaculate restrooms. I can't anymore. :(

First - enjoyed your trip report! I don't think I'm coordinated enough do a trip report while I was there...like patting my head and rubbing my tummy.

Second - we were there the week before you and I was thinking the same thoughts about the restrooms. I chalked it up to being too critical or not noticing before, but now that you point it out, maybe I'm not crazy. It seems like in the past there was constantly someone tending to the restroom but now they were non-existent. I also saw overflowing trash cans a couple of times near counter service locations (which I also never remember seeing before) So sad because park cleanliness was always something that Disney has excelled at.

Big Hair

It's about time for you to go back home for another trip Tuvalu. I am already in withdrawals. The other night I went through your last 2 reports with my granddaughter to show her the pictures. I quizzed her on the locations. She did pretty good. She is 9 and I have taken her 4 times. She is now my go to D partner when time permits with school. Your reports are good training for us for our next trip and are fun to follow. Not to take away from the other reports, especially Doc Disney's, but the frequency of yours makes it a magical routine.

SMJS

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
View attachment 189887

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
View attachment 189888
This is awesome! For my next trip my husband and I aren't telling anyone either. Tired of "that" look :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's about time for you to go back home for another trip Tuvalu. I am already in withdrawals. The other night I went through your last 2 reports with my granddaughter to show her the pictures. I quizzed her on the locations. She did pretty good. She is 9 and I have taken her 4 times. She is now my go to D partner when time permits with school. Your reports are good training for us for our next trip and are fun to follow. Not to take away from the other reports, especially Doc Disney's, but the frequency of yours makes it a magical routine.
Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm sure your Disney visits with your granddaughter are lots of fun! I am looking forward to the day when I can go with Tuvalette and see the magic through her eyes.

My countdown for my next trip is at 27 days (promise....no surprise visit before that :joyfull:) but here are the links for my other trip reports from this past year if you have not read them and are interested:

July 1972 (retro) here
April 2016 here
May 2016 here
June 2016 here
July 2016 here
September 2016 here
October 2016 here
December #1 2016 here
December #2 2016 here

amjt660

Premium Member
Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm sure your Disney visits with your granddaughter are lots of fun! I am looking forward to the day when I can go with Tuvalette and see the magic through her eyes.

My countdown for my next trip is at 27 days (promise....no surprise visit before that :joyfull:) but here are the links for my other trip reports from this past year if you have not read them and are interested:

July 1972 (retro) here
April 2016 here
May 2016 here
June 2016 here
July 2016 here
September 2016 here
October 2016 here
December #1 2016 here
December #2 2016 here
Hi Tuvalu
Just curious with all those great trips do you get recognized at WDW by CMs (at the parks or the resorts)
I picture you walking up to the gate at MK and having a bunch of CM shout "Tuvalu!!!" like they used to for shout out for this guy
upload_2017-3-5_11-26-37.png

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
First - enjoyed your trip report! I don't think I'm coordinated enough do a trip report while I was there...like patting my head and rubbing my tummy.

Second - we were there the week before you and I was thinking the same thoughts about the restrooms. I chalked it up to being too critical or not noticing before, but now that you point it out, maybe I'm not crazy. It seems like in the past there was constantly someone tending to the restroom but now they were non-existent. I also saw overflowing trash cans a couple of times near counter service locations (which I also never remember seeing before) So sad because park cleanliness was always something that Disney has excelled at.
Thanks for reading :). Live reports are a mixed bag....fun to do but also a lot of "in the moment" work...and you have to travel with someone who doesn't mind that you are constantly distracted, LOL! (Works great if you travel solo, however!)

Agree that it is so disappointing that park cleanliness has taken a downward turn. But it's not only less staff, it's also more people who do not clean up after themselves....which I will never understand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom