Universal Orlando Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So I rarely get to visit this section of the forums, but since I recently got my first Universal Orlando seasonal pass, I'm hoping to follow news and rumors of the resort more closely. I was surprised there wasn't a compilation thread of everything happening in the future, confirmed or rumored, so I thought I would start one. If any of my information is inaccurate or I forgot something, please let me know, and I'll edit this OP.

Confirmed
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon (Replaced Twister, Opens April 6th, 2017)
- Volcano Bay Water Theme Park (Opens May 25th, 2017)
- Fast and Furious: Supercharged (Replaced Disaster, Opens 2018)
- Super Nintendo World (Opens 2020)

Rumored
- 4th Gate (pretty much confirmed by Uni's recent land purchases, but not officially) (Opens ?)
- Forbidden Forest Coaster (Replacing Dragon Challenge, Opens 2019)
- Secret Life of Pets ride (Replacing Toon Lagoon Amphitheater, Opens ?)
- Marvel Superhero Island overhaul with new Avengers or Iron Man ride. (Opens ?)

Last edited:

DisneyFan 2000

You could be right. The reason for my line of thinking would be based on their target of one new ride every year at the resort. That would give time for a forbidden forest ride to be developed for 2020 (which makes sense considering current rumor has Dragon Challenge closing later this year.)

Last edited:

JT3000

It's easy building a coaster. Could be done in six months. Look how quickly they're built at Six Flags or Cedar Fair parks!

I'm far from convinced DC is even closing, but if it were, simply replacing it with another coaster would be a mind-boggling decision. Might as well keep what they have, even if it can't duel.

GiveMeTheMusic

I might be mistaken, but I thought the Forbbiden Forest Coaster is supposed to be indoors and have show scenes. @GiveMeTheMusic said something about it in the Spirit thread.

I said that is my hope - I have not been able to get any loose lips to gab any details about the project just yet, so sadly I don't know for sure what the ride will entail. I also can't imagine at this point WB/Rowling would be okay with just a big exposed coaster with no scenes.

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I said that is my hope - I have not been able to get any loose lips to gab any details about the project just yet, so sadly I don't know for sure what the ride will entail. I also can't imagine at this point WB/Rowling would be okay with just a big exposed coaster with no scenes.
Ah, my bad. Thanks for sharing the info you can!:)

Sparksfly

Does anyone know when construction is supposed to begin for SNW? My son loves the kids zone (he's 5) and I'm trying to see if it'll be open by our next trip on the fall.

PorterRedkey

I found this information on Screamscape today about the FF coaster.
Here is a link to the full post: http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm. Click the link under the latest buzz.

Some highlights:
"So what will this new attraction be? Based on information I’ve been gathering for some time now the popular rumor leaked was we should expect a new family coaster / dark ride attraction concept themed to the “Forbidden Forest”.

"If all the rumors hold true, Universal may be working with Mack Rides to adapt their “Inverted Powered Coaster” ride system for this new attraction."

"this is a powered coaster attraction, something we don’t see too much of here in the US, where the ride’s inverted coaster trains are entirely under power for the ride experience, but that same power system that controls the speed of the train (and can even stop and start it to allow for scenes to play out) also controls the unique ability to rotate each car individually to point the riders at whatever they should be looking at at any given time, much like how the cars on Spider-Man and Transformers rotate as they travel so you can view the action of each scene unfold. Another interesting feature of this ride system is that it can combine bother indoor and outdoor track sections with no issues, and since it is powered, the cars also offer a complete on-board audio system option as well lighting and even limited 4D style effects."

THIS IS ALL RUMOR, but I thought I would pass it along.

JoeCamel

I found this information on Screamscape today about the FF coaster.
Here is a link to the full post: http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm. Click the link under the latest buzz.

Some highlights:
"So what will this new attraction be? Based on information I’ve been gathering for some time now the popular rumor leaked was we should expect a new family coaster / dark ride attraction concept themed to the “Forbidden Forest”.

"If all the rumors hold true, Universal may be working with Mack Rides to adapt their “Inverted Powered Coaster” ride system for this new attraction."

"this is a powered coaster attraction, something we don’t see too much of here in the US, where the ride’s inverted coaster trains are entirely under power for the ride experience, but that same power system that controls the speed of the train (and can even stop and start it to allow for scenes to play out) also controls the unique ability to rotate each car individually to point the riders at whatever they should be looking at at any given time, much like how the cars on Spider-Man and Transformers rotate as they travel so you can view the action of each scene unfold. Another interesting feature of this ride system is that it can combine bother indoor and outdoor track sections with no issues, and since it is powered, the cars also offer a complete on-board audio system option as well lighting and even limited 4D style effects."

THIS IS ALL RUMOR, but I thought I would pass it along.
Sounds like Lance reads the same forums I do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom