Ride configurations

PrincessL

Original Poster
I'm starting to think about fast passes and touring plans for our upcoming trip. This is our first trip as a family of 5 (me, DH, DS6, DS4 and DS 2) they all have summer birthdays so will be close to 7,5 and 3 by our trip. The older two are into all the big rides so we will be using rider switch on the rides the youngest can't go on. But for example, Barnstormer will they allow DS6 to ride in a car by himself? I don't even know if that is something that I'm comfortable with but, I don't know what the rules are. Also, on Tomorrowland speed way would DS2 be allowed to ride in my lap? I'm imagining that it is going to be more difficult with an odd number. Anyone know a good source that has the rules and ride configurations? Or any tips would be appreciated!

NeedMoreMickey

It's been a long time since my family rode Barnstormer, before the changes but I think a 6 year old will be fine. As for the speedway can't say that's one ride I've never been on but I don't think a small child will like all the waiting to get on and there always seems like a long wait to get off the ride.

DiSnEyF@n

Barnstormer should be fine with your 6 year old riding solo.... I do NOT think that you can have a child on your lap on the Speedway. I think it's 2 people max in those cars. I don't even think a 2 year old can even go on the Speedway. Check the height requirments for it... It's very specific for that ride. Happy Planning!!!!

NYwdwfan

They list the restrictions under "Accessibility" for each ride in the Disney attractions section of their website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/

For most rides it states that children under 7 must be accompanied by someone over 14. I'm not sure if it counts if you are also on the same ride but not in the same car. My guess is no - but maybe someone else knows for sure? I know when we rode Dumbo and my daughter was 7 she was allowed to ride in her own elephant.

Here's a screen shot from info for the Barnstormer:
IMG_8203.PNG

carriebeth

yeah the lap won't work for speedway. The child will have to sit in a seat. In ride lines when cast members are configuring who will sit with who, if a child looks under 7 they will ask the child's age.

Ekohlby

They were strict about being 7 when we went - wouldn't even let the child ride in a different car. My middle child was 10 during our last trip and she was asked every single time too. She does look younger than her age though. But maybe it depends on which CM you get.

As for Speedway, our eldest is tall enough now, but for a while, we had to switch out. They let us do it like a child swap. All of our kids wanted to drive and we have three kids and two adults so we couldn't all do it at the same time. I don't remember the height minimum, but when we had one too small, we did it as a rider swap too. They would have let us do three in a car when all were tall enough. No lap sitting.

PrincessL

Original Poster
They were strict about being 7 when we went - wouldn't even let the child ride in a different car. My middle child was 10 during our last trip and she was asked every single time too. She does look younger than her age though. But maybe it depends on which CM you get.

As for Speedway, our eldest is tall enough now, but for a while, we had to switch out. They let us do it like a child swap. All of our kids wanted to drive and we have three kids and two adults so we couldn't all do it at the same time. I don't remember the height minimum, but when we had one too small, we did it as a rider swap too. They would have let us do three in a car when all were tall enough. No lap sitting.

Thanks for the info! So to confirm 3 are allowed as long as everyone is tall enough?

Disney Dad 3000

Our son was 2.5 the first time we took him on this and he met the height requirements. I wasn't sure if they'd say anything about me letting him drive being so small, so I started in the driver seat when we boarded and then slid him over as soon as we took off. The attraction gets a lot of grief, but some of our best memories the last few years on trips have been that ride and the fun he's had with it.

PrincessL

Original Poster
Our son was 2.5 the first time we took him on this and he met the height requirements. I wasn't sure if they'd say anything about me letting him drive being so small, so I started in the driver seat when we boarded and then slid him over as soon as we took off. The attraction gets a lot of grief, but some of our best memories the last few years on trips have been that ride and the fun he's had with it.
Yes us too! 3 boys + driving their own car = best time ever:) I know it gets a lot of grief and I get it it takes up a ton of prime real estate. But, it is a must do for our family and we have some of our best Disney memories on it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom