Expedition Everest effects status watch

Incomudro

I agree but you have so many people getting off the ride completely satisfied that Disney is going to spend neither the time or money to fix something that most people do not realize is broken. I truly hope one day that Disney decides to go ahead and get this fixed.

That's how good the ride is.
EE works on you from the moment you enter the park, and get first glimpse of it.
Much the way ToT does.

Ralphlaw

I agree but you have so many people getting off the ride completely satisfied that Disney is going to spend neither the time or money to fix something that most people do not realize is broken. I truly hope one day that Disney decides to go ahead and get this fixed.

Sadly, I must agree. And Joe Rohde cries in his beer every night.

G00fyDad

Some people are easily pleased. IMHO.

I thoroughly agree. We get off this ride and listen to other leaving exclaiming how amazing it was with gleeful expressions. While we still enjoyed the ride we leave it wondering if they are ever going to fix it. It is shame.

Ralphlaw

Lost opportunities. They settle for mediocre because they know no better. Off point: I can't help but think whenever I see Will Farrel trying to do something funny that someone else could do it so much better. It's like Alladin 2. Without Robin Williams, it's not as good. The Who, without Keith Moon on drumset, is still good--but not quite.

EE without A mode yeti is good, but the poor souls who never saw it don't know what they're missing. So often we bellyache on these threads about how good things used to be. At times, I feel the same way. I never saw Tapestry of Dreams or Tapestry of Nations at Epcot, but I truly wish I had. The YouTube videos do not seem to do it justice, but I fear that the IPing of Epcot and World Showcase is a long ways from the purely beautiful and non-IPed Epcot that many of us long for. Perhaps in heaven's version of Epcot they'll all be back, and the singing Mexican birds and Norwegian princesses will be gone. Spectromagic will be back at MK. Jammin' Jungle will parade through AK. And the TTA will have a narration that won't put you to sleep.

Big time digression, but an apt comparison to the nostalgia I kind of feel for a fully functioning EE. 10 years after the yeti went into a permanent slouch, most people have no idea how amazing it once was. How many people's memories are blander because EE doesn't work as designed?

Tom Morrow

I find that hard to believe :(
There are large service doors on the backside of the mountain structure that are almost as big as the yeti itself. There are things inside the structure that are larger than the yeti that also may have to be removed at some point. The yeti, being a machine and not a real creature, can be disassembled, hoisted down the lift that was built next to it specifically for the purpose of servicing it, and removed.

Think about it for a second. This is like saying there was no way to get King Kong out of the old Kongfrontation ride without ripping the building open, but obviously there was a way because they didn't, and machines can be disassembled.

This is EXACTLY the same misinformation this thread keeps perpetuating. I literally just mentioned this exact false rumor on the previous page. Every few pages someone pops in without reading any previous posts and states the same misinformation, followed by several posts correcting them, then repeat a few pages later. The thread goes in circles forever, perpetuating false rumors and fanboy bitterness.

Unsticky this freaking thread already to stop enabling misinformation.

Last edited:

danyoung56

This is where logic breaks down, Marni. If it was easy, they would have done it already. I just can't believe that they don't care about the ongoing negative publicity that this situation generates. I have no answers, just common sense.

Incomudro

Perhaps substituted/revised would be the best option.
A poster who spoke to an imaginear told us a couple of pages back, that the problem with the Yeti is in fact several problems.
So has Marni.
Some of these problems being safety & legal problems.
Perhaps the safety lawyers don't want him swinging his arm over people's heads anymore.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is where logic breaks down, Marni. If it was easy, they would have done it already. I just can't believe that they don't care about the ongoing negative publicity that this situation generates. I have no answers, just common sense.
Easy unfortunately does always mean inexpensive. It also does not help when you have 2 departments arguing over who gets the bill.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Easy unfortunately does always mean inexpensive. It also does not help when you have 2 departments arguing over who gets the bill.

This.

Why should they go to the hassle of doing it unless the wait time stays below ten minutes? Damn the story. Damn the quality.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Correct, but what I meant is that Disney would be unlikely to just do one thing on the ride when they finally do get around to it.
They'll probably work the most on the track, since it hasn't been referred since 2006.

Ralphlaw

In short it can be fixed / substituted. It's a relatively easy job. It's not happened.

If it's just the figure, that may be true. If it's the foundation or the big platform thing, that probably is not true. If too much vibration shuts down the thing, monkeying around with just the figure won't fix it. Big time buffering and/or foundation fixes will be needed. Look, I seriously doubt that it's the equivalent of simple screw-tightening. If that was all, it would certainly have been done by now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it's just the figure, that may be true. If it's the foundation or the big platform thing, that probably is not true. If too much vibration shuts down the thing, monkeying around with just the figure won't fix it. Big time buffering and/or foundation fixes will be needed. Look, I seriously doubt that it's the equivalent of simple screw-tightening. If that was all, it would certainly have been done by now.
For the umpteenth time it's not the foundation.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I will sum up what appears to be wrong based on reports by @Lee , @marni1971 and from a lunch with an imagineer report by @RedDad ...guys feel free to correct me if I slip up.

The problem was an improperly designed shoulder joint on the Yeti that was discovered in the 11th hour. The engineers decided that an increased maintenance schedule would correct the problem. Either the increased maintenance was not done or that did not fix the issue...the story seems to differ deepening on if WDI or operations is telling it.

This is where the fixed stalled. Who gets the bill...WDI or Operations.

It is also been reported that changes in regulations regarding moving items over guests heads has changed since the problem occurred making replacing the yeti and returning it to full operation no longer legal.

Last edited:

P_Radden

I will sum up what appears to be wrong based on reports by @Lee , @marni1971 and from a lunch with an imagineer report by @RedDad ...guys feel free to correct me if I slip up.

The problem was an improperly designed shoulder joint on the Yeti that was discovered in the 11th hour. The engineers decided that in increased maintenance schedule would correct the problem. Either the increased maintenance was not done of that did not fix the issue...the story seems to differ deepening on if WDI or operations is telling it.

This is where the fixed stalled. Who gets the bill...WDI or Operations.

It is also been reported that changes in regulations regarding moving items over guests heads has changed since the problem occurred making replacing the yeti and returning it to full operation no longer legal.
Thanks Master Yoda. @wdwmagic This post needs to be outlined in the OP to prevent this "Groundhog Day" effect in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom