DVC

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Yeah I would never sell our points and I feel like it has been totally worth it for us. 3 trips a year in deluxe accommodations is more than most people would ever even dream of and we've got to do that for years. When I think of how much it would cost us, cash wise, to have a MK view room multiple times a year at BLT, Annual Passes, Tables in Wonderland, Halloween parties, etc. without our DVC membership that stuff would be a pipe dream for us. Instead it is a reality because of DVC and that's why DVC is "worth it" for me. I'm always interested to see why it's "worth it" for others and honestly that's a testament to Disney for making such a flexible program with such a devoted base. Everyone sort of finds their own "value" in it and if that's what makes it work for people then I'm all for that. Regardless of how they buy their points.

YorkshireT

Yeah I would never sell our points and I feel like it has been totally worth it for us. 3 trips a year in deluxe accommodations is more than most people would ever even dream of and we've got to do that for years. When I think of how much it would cost us, cash wise, to have a MK view room multiple times a year at BLT, Annual Passes, Tables in Wonderland, Halloween parties, etc. without our DVC membership that stuff would be a pipe dream for us. Instead it is a reality because of DVC and that's why DVC is "worth it" for me. I'm always interested to see why it's "worth it" for others and honestly that's a testament to Disney for making such a flexible program with such a devoted base. Everyone sort of finds their own "value" in it and if that's what makes it work for people then I'm all for that. Regardless of how they buy their points.
Very true. You also obviously live closer, I'm in UK so couldn't attend the events etc. The one the other night looked fantastic on The Tim Tracker YouTube. I really wish I was in driving distance, albeit I'd need a lot more points!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Very true. You also obviously live closer, I'm in UK so couldn't attend the events etc. The one the other night looked fantastic on The Tim Tracker YouTube.
Ahhhh. I didn't realize you didn't live over here. Yeah we live in TN which is like 12hrs north of it. We fly down on Allegiant now that Delta is just WAY too expensive for a family of four. Or for a family of 1 for that matter! I feel for folks like you that have to fly that far because I'm sure it's a King's Ransom. It's lame that you can't make the events. We were lucky enough to do the Animal Kingdom event and it honestly changed my whole perception of AK. It was FAN-TASTIC! Also AK at night is just a treat in and of itself. Also if you've never done the EPCOT Lounge for members I highly recommend that too. Glad it's sticking around and hope every park eventually has a DVC Lounge. It's a great place to get some snacks, cool off, drink a cherry coke, and then get back to adventuring.

YorkshireT

Yeah flights in school vacation time for 4, are a minimum of $4k. I've been to Tenessee (been to 20 states and doing a few more this summer), loved it there up in the Smokies. Stayed in a nice cabin. Loved going up to that waterfall where you walk behind. You're close to Carolinas, love Hilton Head but haven't stopped in Disney yet. Love Charleston. Back to Disney in 2018. I'm going to do 4 nights Vero, then 7 Animal Kingdom Kidani as Avatar is open as I'm sure you are aware. Will be looking forward to going in at night, seeing Rivers of Light etc . re Epcot I'm resale so cannot get in. Can get in Top of World Lounge though, that looks v special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom