Shades of Green vs Value Resorts

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Other than the booking windows for ADRs and fp what would be the better one to stay at? Most likely not going to need DME THNX

Jess G

Yayyyy when are you going back!? Although I've never stayed at SOG I would vote to go there. Values just aren't my cup of tea.

MissViv

We haven't stayed at Shades of Green but our son is getting married there in July and we have booked the Poly. You can walk from Shades of Green to the Poly (they have a walkway) in 10 mins. and use the monorail and bus system from Poly if you do not wish to wait on buses at SOG. The buses run every hour at SOG.

I would pick SOG over a moderate if you can stay there (must have military ties). It is a beautiful resort and close to MK.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well then you'll have to come over to help me plan my mess of a trip because I have enough wine to last me till star wars land opens loll
I'm in but I know you'll be fine. Relax and breathe you're going to Disney:joyfull:

Minnie Mum

If you qualify for SOG, then go for it. Much more deluxe than value when you look at room size and amenities. So easy to just walk over to the Poly for transportation. We stayed there for our DDs WDW wedding. At the time we paid less than what a mod would have cost. Being able to buy military discounted tickets was also a boon to our budget.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Doesn't one have to be active or retired military to stay there? I've run around the golf course and resort - it's really nice!

If I were eligible to stay there, I'd choose it over a Disney Value. I believe the rooms are larger than a standard Disney room and they are better designed for physically handicapped guests.

NeedMoreMickey

It's been a few years but we stayed in SoG a couple of times. We could have waited for a bus to the park but we always seem to just miss it so we walked over to GF and got on the monorail or a bus. The rooms are a nice size, close to a deluxe I think. Not a lot of Mickey theme through out the hotel but there is a Mickey shaped pool. It was nice to be able to see the castle when you walked around the resort.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sog is like staying at a holiday inn. The rooms are plenty nice and large... but it's not exotic in anyway. It's not fair to call it a deluxe... it's only deluxe in room size.

The onsite pool and food is about what you would expect at a regional hotel. It does not scream Disney in anyway.

It's worth it for the hotel that isn't gargantuan in size (like the mods)
... for the price
... for the room size
... for quiet

If you want more Disney in your room or on the grounds... you need to look elsewhere.

The biggest issue with the values IMO is the tiny beds

Brent_S

I've been wanting to stay at SoG since our first trip, and really looked into it again for our trip in May as rooms are only $89 a night. We would have been perfectly content with walking to Poly to get to Epcot/MK and bus it to DHS and AK, but then we found out FP can't be booked 60 days out like at the Disney resorts so we went with AS Movies instead, which turned out to be cheaper with the military discount, and also of course includes 60 out FP and parking as well (SoG does not include parking at the parks). We'll just drive to each park instead so we don't have to wait for busses with a stroller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom