One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So,anyone interested in doing any catch up prompts, you have until midnight tonight!

And that means that the episode will resume tomorrow with the next prompt! (Possibly the prompt I'm most excited for!)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In just a little over 3 hours, the One Sentence Competition will resume and the catch up week will conclude!

Only three more prompts to go! Can't believe the episode is almost done already!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 8
Re-Animated
HollyWood-Studios-Entrance.jpg

-Scenario-
Animation Courtyard in Hollywood Studios lost the animation studio that anchored the land a few years ago. It was replaced with Star Wars Launch Bay (which is destined to close when Star Wars Land opens). So, in a short couple of years, this land will need a new focus point to replace Star Wars Launch Bay. Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade the rest of the land as well.

IMG-0007.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to replace the Star Wars Launch Bay and to either update/reivigorate Animation Courtyard or replace it with a new land for Hollywood Studios! The Studios has a lot of wiggle room for what will and will not fit thematically (probably more than any other park), so you have a lot of freedom with this.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures.
You get the bigger submissions back as an option in case you want more space to talk about your land. Of course, you don't need to use all your sentences. One sentence could easily beat 5 in this competition). The deadline will be at 12 noon on Thursday, March 2nd.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your land to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Project 8
20160113_171250-1_zpslx5w1pbf.jpg

In 2020, with all the exciting thrills of Star Wars Land and the whimsical entertainment in Toy Story Land, one of the last pieces of the renovation puzzle is Animation Courtyard, with the goal of designing a "people-eater" attraction to entice guests while at the same time helping park capacity.

With "Walt Disney's Animation", both of the above goals are accomplished, as this slow moving omnimover attraction takes a look back at Walt Disney Productions through the eyes of Walt Disney himself, traveling through classic films he helped create (which already stood the test of time), and finishing with a look at Walt Disney Animation Studios in the present day to illustrate Walt's influence on animation throughout the years.

The attraction will be divided into 13 individual film scenes that will rely on Audio Animatronics and physical sets to immerse guests into the worlds of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, and lastly a large-screen sneak peak at the newest Disney animated film in production; a scene that will constantly change to keep up present day cinema.

In addition to "Walt Disney's Animation" - the rest of Animation Courtyard will be redone and remodeled with revolving shows and attractions based around current Disney animation films, with the Disney Jr live on stage being converted to a walk-through attraction showing off the new films of the time, as well as the Little Mermaid show being replaced with a more updated Moana show. Ultimately, this new Animation Courtyard will be more interactive and immersive to the guests, having a pathway access to Toy Story Land, so that the flow can be from Disney Animation, to Pixar Animation, to then Live-Action Star Wars, in the back of Disney's Hollywood Studios.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OK, a couple of catch-up prompts... even if it feels like cheating a bit(!)

Prompt 5:
Spaceship Earth (can't really improve on the name, so why try)

View attachment 191024
A renewed Spaceship Earth attraction will soon welcome guests at Epcot's Future World, featuring Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson as the ride's narrator and host, who will also appear as a newly created audio-animatronic figure that guests will encounter soon after they begin the ascent into the attraction, providing a proper welcome to the centerpiece of Future World. Aside from a new digitally-projected star field on the inside of the attraction's dome, the first part of the ride will remain relatively unchanged from earlier versions, but the descent stage, after the planetarium area, will be all-new. Accompanied by new narration and musical score, ride vehicles will pass through a 360 degree hi-def screen "tunnel" for most of the ride down, with projections surrounding them on all sides and above, delivering a stunning high-energy finale and renewing the optimistic message of Future World.

Bonus: The finale screen content can be easily changed, so a Spaceship Earth holiday greeting, akin to the ROE "Peace on Earth" tag can run from Thanksgiving through the new year.
So, I was going to do a video and do your review as a part of that, but I couldn't think enough interesting stuff to say to fill a video lol. So, here's your review!

I really like this! Whenever I write a prompt, I always think to myself, "if I was a contestant, this is what I'd do for this." One example is the prompt with the quick IP overlay prompt (where a 2017 Disney was going to become HUGELY popular, so you had to do something quick in the parks whip other imagineers are busy building an E ticket). I would've used the new Beauty and the Beast and re-do the stage show in Hollywood Studios. That show needs an update, and the new movie's plot looks similar enough that new costumes are all that would really be needed.

My point is, your proposal is almost exactly what mine would've been. Only change I would've made is that I would've focused on me forms of communication that have arisen in the last several years using the projections during the descent. Social media, cell phones, online gaming, youtube, etc.

My only complaint is that I feel you maybe played this a bit too safe. You could've gone a bit bigger or more out there.

Overall, very well done. Definitely medal worthy in a very tough round. Earning you 2 catch up points!

michmousefan

So, I was going to do a video and do your review as a part of that, but I couldn't think enough interesting stuff to say to fill a video lol. So, here's your review!

I really like this! Whenever I write a prompt, I always think to myself, "if I was a contestant, this is what I'd do for this." One example is the prompt with the quick IP overlay prompt (where a 2017 Disney was going to become HUGELY popular, so you had to do something quick in the parks whip other imagineers are busy building an E ticket). I would've used the new Beauty and the Beast and re-do the stage show in Hollywood Studios. That show needs an update, and the new movie's plot looks similar enough that new costumes are all that would really be needed.

My point is, your proposal is almost exactly what mine would've been. Only change I would've made is that I would've focused on me forms of communication that have arisen in the last several years using the projections during the descent. Social media, cell phones, online gaming, youtube, etc.

My only complaint is that I feel you maybe played this a bit too safe. You could've gone a bit bigger or more out there.

Overall, very well done. Definitely medal worthy in a very tough round. Earning you 2 catch up points!
Thanks! Yes, the inclusion/explosion of social media could indeed make part of the descent stage with the 360-degree video quite compelling... if Epcot was more on their social media game, there could even be a daily contest with hashtag like #SSEtoday that would end up getting a nod with a projection onto SSE post-Illuminations... like the best images of the day or something. But that would probably have to tie in to the post-show area for it to really work. Guess I'm assuming that the descent stage would naturally lead in to the new/renewed post-ride experience.

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 8
Re-Animated
HollyWood-Studios-Entrance.jpg

-Scenario-
Animation Courtyard in Hollywood Studios lost the animation studio that anchored the land a few years ago. It was replaced with Star Wars Launch Bay (which is destined to close when Star Wars Land opens). So, in a short couple of years, this land will need a new focus point to replace Star Wars Launch Bay. Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade the rest of the land as well.

IMG-0007.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to replace the Star Wars Launch Bay and to either update/reivigorate Animation Courtyard or replace it with a new land for Hollywood Studios! The Studios has a lot of wiggle room for what will and will not fit thematically (probably more than any other park), so you have a lot of freedom with this.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 5 sentences and up to 2 pictures.
You get the bigger submissions back as an option in case you want more space to talk about your land. Of course, you don't need to use all your sentences. One sentence could easily beat 5 in this competition). The deadline will be at 12 noon on Thursday, March 2nd.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your land to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​
@StevenU if you're free I think would do well with this prompt!

And some other people who might be interesting in playing @CraniumCommand89 @Angels and Disney's -- you both might like this!

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC. Corp is proud to announce a new makeover to the Animation Courtyard in Disney's Hollywood Studios; prepare yourselves for the premiere Walt Disney World locale to meet and interact with your favorite Disney characters as you walk underneath the newly redesigned Wishes firework-themed LED lit archway and into the newly made-over Wishes Courtyard.

Wishes Point

Wishes Point showcases Disney characters at the forefront and offers opportunities to meet over 25 characters in a single day. "Star Wars Launch Bay" will be converted to the "Wishes Casting Studio" and offer multiple themed area meet-and-greets; these "standard" meet-and-greets will vary between one character each and multiple side by side character meet-and-greets.

4dpawBs.png

The "Wishes Casting Studio" will also offer several new (and "old as new") experiences, including:

- A return to free walking characters which roam around the Wishes Studio area!
- Interactive animatronic meet-and-greets!
- A magical simultaneous meet-and-greet where you can meet and take pictures with 3-4 characters all at the same time!
- A gift shop truly focused on memorabilia relating to Disney characters!

The majority of the budget for this new project will be spent on courtyard theming and the conversion of "Star Wars Launch Bay" to the "Wishes Casting Studio"; "Disney Junior Live" and "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" will be retaining their location and shows with one exception: the gift shop in front of Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be converted into a space for outdoor character meet and greets, similar to the front area of the "Disney Junior Live" show, to help tie Wishes Point together into one cohesive theme.

Bonus

Once the new land has been established and the kinks have been worked out of the new experiences, these newer meet-and-greets will proliferate throughout all other Disney parks, just not in a single concentrated area as presented at Wishes Point.

gonzoWDW

The Release Valve

Guests who have been lucky enough to survive the Tower of Terror know one of the more well kept secrets of Hollywood Studios – the Star Wars spaceport, Andy’s backyard, and Sunset Boulevard are all powered by steam! Visitors climb into the Pascal/Joule/Other-Science-Name “tour bus”, and depart on a ride narrated either by dispatcher Tommy Savory – resident inventor, mechanic, and Commissary chef - or dispatcher Libby Belle –resident engineer, supervisor, and steamboat captain – for a guided tour through the inner workings of DHS’s steam system. The bus, utilizing a ride system similar to “Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”, takes the tourists along a relatively standard tour of the pipes, coal, and water supply, and is nearing the gift shop when, suddenly, lightning strikes the Hollywood Tower Hotel (the same sound effects from ToT lightning strike is heard through the “narrator’s” speakers); excess power from the strike overloads the system, leading to a buildup of steam which, if not released, will cause an explosion directly under the newly minted Spaceport. Horns whistle, red lights blare, and the pressure is on as the guests on the tour bus, being the only ones in a position to help, race to open the release valves and save the park. This E-ticket ride (and corresponding "pseudo-backstage-themed-land", a spin on the original DHS theme) is sure to phase guests, allowing them to blow off steam, while also releasing the pressure placed on the park by its IP additions, helping to spread the crowds and keep wait times down.

For the bonus, I would place this ride near Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Release Valve

Guests who have been lucky enough to survive the Tower of Terror know one of the more well kept secrets of Hollywood Studios – the Star Wars spaceport, Andy’s backyard, and Sunset Boulevard are all powered by steam! Visitors climb into the Pascal/Joule/Other-Science-Name “tour bus”, and depart on a ride narrated either by dispatcher Tommy Savory – resident inventor, mechanic, and Commissary chef - or dispatcher Libby Belle –resident engineer, supervisor, and steamboat captain – for a guided tour through the inner workings of DHS’s steam system. The bus, utilizing a ride system similar to “Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”, takes the tourists along a relatively standard tour of the pipes, coal, and water supply, and is nearing the gift shop when, suddenly, lightning strikes the Hollywood Tower Hotel (the same sound effects from ToT lightning strike is heard through the “narrator’s” speakers); excess power from the strike overloads the system, leading to a buildup of steam which, if not released, will cause an explosion directly under the newly minted Spaceport. Horns whistle, red lights blare, and the pressure is on as the guests on the tour bus, being the only ones in a position to help, race to open the release valves and save the park. This E-ticket ride is sure to phase guests, allowing them to blow off steam, while also releasing the pressure placed on the park by its IP additions, helping to spread the crowds and keep wait times down.

For the bonus, I would place this ride near Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea.

Welcome to the game!

Magic Feather

Animation Courtyard
image.jpeg

This refurbishment of Animation Courtyard will entail updates to all of its offerings, as well as aesthetic changes, that redesign all exteriors with art deco designs with a tasteful ivory and gold color scheme.
In Place of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog will take guests on an enchanting journey to the bayous of New Orleans as puppetry and special effects bring the story of Tiana to life in the newly christened Bayou Theater.
Disney Junior- Live on Stage! Will be updated with new in theater projection effects, akin to the Aurora Borealis Curtains in Frozen- Live at the Hyperion!, alongside a new exterior with a designation as the Deco Theater.
Lastly, in Place of the Magic of Disney Animation, (where all shaded red bulidings are on the map) guests will find the new "Premier Gala" complex, home of the Awards Banquet Café (a regal TS), main foyer (rainy day M&G Location), The Giftie Awards (A new shop), and the state of the art E-Ticket Experience: The Enchanted Gallery.
The enchanted gallery will take guests through magical portraits (like the mirror in enchanted tales with Belle), into the magical worlds of Disney Animation, before being chased by an unpainted spot, which we soon learn is our friend.

michmousefan

Animation Alley

An entirely new family-friendly area devoted to the celebration of Disney's legacy in animation will debut soon at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
animatalley.png

Anchored by the E-ticket "Mickey's Hollywood Adventure," constructed in the area formerly occupied by the Launch Bay, this new area, connecting the former animation courtyard with the Rock N' Roller courtyard, will be rich in detail, with stylized buildings designed to emulate various animation styles and techniques, from black and white sketches to ink and paint to vivid 3-D animation. Guests will stroll along the Alley and encounter shops, meet-and-greets, and even a darkened, spooky "Villain's Courtyard," enclosed to guests and featuring a new sit-down villain-themed restaurant called The Ne'er-Do Well Tavern. Midway along the Alley guests will also discover the new D-ticket boat ride themed to Moana, "Maui's Paradise Tours," which will be mostly enclosed in its show building and utilize screen technology used in the new Avatar and Shanghai Pirates attractions.

At night the Alley will put on an extra show with thousands of twinkling lights, creating an unexpectedly romantic and intimate setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom