WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

prfctlyximprct

DA0C1539-F2A5-48F2-A316-CB8537C36E54_zpsx324cfyj.jpg

Kobe beef burger at Yak and Yeti

AFC5080E-55F9-437D-A955-6A3754DF1175_zpsbycb18jr.jpg

Fried wontons... to go. I failed.

belledream

Omg. That looks dangerous to eat what type of fish is that those spines eek - and I looove seafood . :jawdrop:
It's Lionfish! I actually felt so lucky to get this...it was great!!
From my trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/well-do-as-dreamers-do-completed.919131/page-11#post-7463914

When it arrived at our table, our waiter said that "the cook only had three Lion Fish left" so it "my lucky day because I got 3 instead of 2." I smiled and laughed awkwardly as he left because I thought it was some kind of joke I didn't understand, but then we realized that they must only serve two of these guys per plate and instead of wasting one, they gave me an extra. Plus, the replacement fish for the evening was a boring fish, not an awesome LION FISH, so I was like, SCORE!

This was a big undertaking of a meal. Knives, forks, and hands were all involved, but I slowly picked my way through this DEEELICIOUS dish. Like seriously, I was blown away by the soy-ginger flavoring of the crispy, succulent, fish skin and friedness. I was AMAZED and SO HAPPY over my groping-in-the-dark choice, eating away every single preconceived notion I came into this meal with. Not my most attractive food picture, but it shows that I may have enjoyed myself.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
When it arrived at our table, our waiter said that "the cook only had three Lion Fish left" so it "my lucky day because I got 3 instead of 2." I smiled and laughed awkwardly as he left because I thought it was some kind of joke I didn't understand, but then we realized that they must only serve two of these guys per plate and instead of wasting one, they gave me an extra. Plus, the replacement fish for the evening was a boring fish, not an awesome LION FISH, so I was like, SCORE!

Glad you explained cause I was about to complain "HEY I ONLY GOT TWO!" :)
I agree it is a Great fish and i would definitely get it again. The waiter came by and commented that I did really well. I said I didn't know if the larger spines were edible so I didn't eat them. He replied "Yeah they are edible" and walked away. So I began eating the larger spines (the small ones were easy). I found them too hard so I stopped. When he came back by I made a comment to which he said "I said they were edible not that you were Supposed to eat them"

They should really watch telling people they are edible to avoid a choking incident:-O
Can't wait to go back at the end of the year.

docdebbi

It's Lionfish! I actually felt so lucky to get this...it was great!!
From my trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/well-do-as-dreamers-do-completed.919131/page-11#post-7463914

This was a big undertaking of a meal. Knives, forks, and hands were all involved, but I slowly picked my way through this DEEELICIOUS dish. Like seriously, I was blown away by the soy-ginger flavoring of the crispy, succulent, fish skin and friedness. I was AMAZED and SO HAPPY over my groping-in-the-dark choice, eating away every single preconceived notion I came into this meal with. Not my most attractive food picture, but it shows that I may have enjoyed myself.

eeewwww, glad you enjoyed it. makes me happy for you. but for me, just eeewww,
I don't want what i eat to look like what i eat!

belledream

Glad you explained cause I was about to complain "HEY I ONLY GOT TWO!" :)
I agree it is a Great fish and i would definitely get it again. The waiter came by and commented that I did really well. I said I didn't know if the larger spines were edible so I didn't eat them. He replied "Yeah they are edible" and walked away. So I began eating the larger spines (the small ones were easy). I found them too hard so I stopped. When he came back by I made a comment to which he said "I said they were edible not that you were Supposed to eat them"

They should really watch telling people they are edible to avoid a choking incident:-O
Can't wait to go back at the end of the year.
LOL! It's Skipper Canteen...I'd be wary of trusting anything they say there! ;) But on a serious note, it was delicious and I may have resorted to sucking on a few spines myself.

eeewwww, glad you enjoyed it. makes me happy for you. but for me, just eeewww,
I don't want what i eat to look like what i eat!
Haha! It was definitely a transparent meal. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom