Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

DznyRktekt

So we pay for the park hopper, but the transportation to utilize the park hopper more conveniently cost extra.
It is a strange concept. Similar to staying at a hotel and paying the "resort fee" to use the pool and internet. There has to be a point where the consumer is turned off. Hopefully In-N-Out refrains from adding that pesky bun fee.

Creathir

So we pay for the park hopper, but the transportation to utilize the park hopper more conveniently cost extra.
Or you could use the free service outside of the gate: the bus/boat/monorail/your car.

They have to pay for the extra buses and pay for the staff to run this, charging a little extra for a completely, 100% optional, not needed but for convenience service is more tha reasonable.

Or maybe they can include it and jack everyone's ticket prices up more, even the poor schlubs that don't even care about using the service in the first place...?

I personally prefer this approach.

HiYa Pal

I've used this service one day just to try it, and I never shared a bus with more than 2 people, I LOVED skipping the security and turnstiles after the first park, that alone was worth the cost, for me a lot of the "price grabs" management has been trying aren't really of any value to me (premier firework viewing etc) as a regular visiting guest, but based off my trial of this, it's a really good service, because I like to park hop. My only complaint: EPCOT drop off and pick up would be better if it were further in to the park like the other 3 parks, like around the Odyssey, but I get they're kinda limited to options based off existing infrastructure.

Disneyfamily4

Yes, everyone is aware we don't have to use it. However, the continuous ticket increases, along with the extra charge of the park hopper option, should cover the cost of transportation express. We pay more this year, than last year, and the only changes in the park is that there are more walls up where construction is being done. Not everyone belongs to the Disney Deity and think Disney cannot do no wrong. The average family is getting priced out of being able to take their kids to Disney. If it wasn't for the union I belong to, that gives me 10-day park hoppers for 500 bucks cheaper than what Disney charges, we wouldn't be able to afford it anymore.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We pay more this year, than last year, and the only changes in the park is that there are more walls up where construction is being done.

You realize that the construction walls means more lands, rides, attractions, or the refurbishment of the same, right?

So, you admit that you are getting more each year along with the price increase.

Disneyfamily4

You realize that the construction walls means more lands, rides, attractions, or the refurbishment of the same, right?

So, you admit that you are getting more each year along with the price increase.

You do realize that it has been years for Avatar and will still be years for Star Wars and Toy Story Land to open. Therefore people who go now, but will not be in Disney in two years, are paying additional increases for things that will not even open up for a long time.

And in the last couple years that I have gone, I think Frozen ride has been the only new thing we have seen, that wasn't around from previous trips. I don't think that justifies the increased prices year after year. But again, I will continue to go to Disney, for as long as my wife and kids make me take them. Or for as long as I continue to get the park hoppers from my union, that are significantly cheaper than what Disney charges.

Last edited:

Creathir

You do realize that it has been years for Avatar and will still be years for Star Wars and Toy Story Land to open. Therefore people who go now, but will not be in Disney in two years, are paying additional increases for things that will not even open up for a long time.

And in the last couple years that I have gone, I think Frozen ride has been the only new thing we have seen, that wasn't around from previous trips. I don't think that justifies the increased prices year after year. But again, I will continue to go to Disney, for as long as my wife and kids make me take them. Or for as long as I continue to get the park hoppers from my union, that are significantly cheaper than what Disney charges.

This stuff costs a ton to build and keep up.
Tack on annual raises for employees, tech upgrades, etc, ticket price increases are due to this.

It also is to curb demand believe it or not. It's already overcrowded many parts of the year.

I hate price increases as well. It is getting very expensive to go.

Thats why making this optional service optional to buy is so great. Those that need it, get it. Those that don't, nothing changes, just hop parks like before.

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

Yes I know. But Disney has made more than a trillion $'s on Marvel and Star Wars movies. (that's just ticket sales, not to mention merchandise). So I think everything you listed could have still happened without the continuous raise in prices. And with the movies coming out this year and next, by the end of 2018, Disney will clear another trillion. It is still laughable that on a lot of Disney Boards, Disney and fans brag about how nice Disney is for giving away free cups of water. As long as the Disney Deity continue to support everything with open arms, they will continue to take advantage.

Brad Bishop

I've used this service one day just to try it, and I never shared a bus with more than 2 people, I LOVED skipping the security and turnstiles after the first park, that alone was worth the cost, for me a lot of the "price grabs" management has been trying aren't really of any value to me (premier firework viewing etc) as a regular visiting guest, but based off my trial of this, it's a really good service, because I like to park hop. My only complaint: EPCOT drop off and pick up would be better if it were further in to the park like the other 3 parks, like around the Odyssey, but I get they're kinda limited to options based off existing infrastructure.

I'd argue:
If you're running buses between parks, why not just do this for all buses between parks?

If I'm at Epcot and heading to DAK, why not have the bus that would otherwise pick me up outside the gate just pick me up inside the gate (no extra fee) and take me to DAK? Why go through all the trouble, and extra security, with people leaving and re-entering. It doesn't need to be an up charge, just a change in how they process guests.

DznyRktekt

I'd argue:
If you're running buses between parks, why not just do this for all buses between parks?

If I'm at Epcot and heading to DAK, why not have the bus that would otherwise pick me up outside the gate just pick me up inside the gate (no extra fee) and take me to DAK? Why go through all the trouble, and extra security, with people leaving and re-entering. It doesn't need to be an up charge, just a change in how they process guests.
^This^

jt04

Anybody have a recent review of this? I'm trying to decide if this would be worth it for a week long stay.

Seems it is increasingly popular and exceeded projections. Of course, I am not surprised it has become a favorite of those 'in the know'. The daily price seems a bit expensive but the weekly rate is very reasonable for those who regularly park hop. I know I will use it.

kbmb

Anyone know if Disney offers rates for more than 7 days? Or are you stuck paying per day beyond the 7?

-Kevin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom