Space Mtn

larandtra

Was just there and it does not. Not sure if on some busy times they allow single riders in the FP line maybe???? Not sure, but, to my knowledge there is not a permanent single rider line.

OliveMcFly

I wonder what the reason to not have one is. I guess they figure the placement of the seats make everyone a single rider?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder what the reason to not have one is. I guess they figure the placement of the seats make everyone a single rider?
Probably because of that, but also because of the way the queue was constructed, it doesn't allow for single riders unless they get sent through the FastPass lane, similar to Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland

disneygeek90

Probably because of that, but also because of the way the queue was constructed, it doesn't allow for single riders unless they get sent through the FastPass lane, similar to Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland

Exactly. So many of these original rides were not created with FP in mind, let alone a separate FP line AND single rider. If they had the extra queue lines for it I’m sure they would consider it, but they simply don’t have the space (no pun intended) in the tunnel queue format that Space has.

Like others said, once you get past the split between the two tracks, listen for a cast member to call out for smaller party size numbers. You may be able to get in a few cars ahead.

Disney Stine

From experience, they do not have a single rider line.
When I was younger I went up to the fastpass line to ask the CM if they had one, they responded no and he told me I could just go in to the fastpass line anyways (being very nice!) and luckily, a lady right next to me had an extra paper fastpass she wasn't going to use, so it ended up all working out just because I was curious. I still think there should be a single rider line. The Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland has a single rider line where you walk backwards through the exit.
Oh, the times when you can just give a fastpass away to strangers... :[

thomas998

Or maybe because the realized that often times when you have a single rider line it gets filled by groups that just don't mind being split up resulting in nothing more than another very long line to manage.... Long ago I recall when the first single rider lines started to pop up in amusement parks, you could really get a good advantage from them.... But more recently I've noticed they often get clogged and very long in large part because they aren't being used for their original purpose. I think Disneyland/California Adventure still has a bunch of them, and every time I'm in a ride queue that has one I notice that they are darned long on the popular rides and more times than not being utilized by non-individuals.

OliveMcFly

Or maybe because the realized that often times when you have a single rider line it gets filled by groups that just don't mind being split up resulting in nothing more than another very long line to manage.... Long ago I recall when the first single rider lines started to pop up in amusement parks, you could really get a good advantage from them.... But more recently I've noticed they often get clogged and very long in large part because they aren't being used for their original purpose. I think Disneyland/California Adventure still has a bunch of them, and every time I'm in a ride queue that has one I notice that they are darned long on the popular rides and more times than not being utilized by non-individuals.
That's a good observation. I used a lot of them in Universal last week and I was surprised how empty they were. My experience with single rider at Disney is exactly what you said. Then an argument starts and they end up riding together.

danyoung56

Or maybe because the realized that often times when you have a single rider line it gets filled by groups that just don't mind being split up resulting in nothing more than another very long line to manage....

I've seen this thought come up from time to time, and I just don't agree with it. If I'm visiting with 4 of my family members, and we decide to do single rider, and don't mind being split up - well, this is a perfectly valid use of the single rider line. Nowhere does it say that I have to be totally by myself to use the single rider line. As long as my party is willing to go one at a time, everything's OK.

Goofyernmost

I've seen this thought come up from time to time, and I just don't agree with it. If I'm visiting with 4 of my family members, and we decide to do single rider, and don't mind being split up - well, this is a perfectly valid use of the single rider line. Nowhere does it say that I have to be totally by myself to use the single rider line. As long as my party is willing to go one at a time, everything's OK.
Absolutely, it is a way for them to actually fill up ride vehicles and thus make the lines move quicker. I have seen a number of people use the single rider line, some even tried to get their group to sit together, but, I have never seen it work out for them. I also have never seen the system abused because when you are on vacation with family or significant others or friends you do that because you want to share the experience and the single rider setup does not work for those people all the time.

Shadowgate

It should, but given the space limitations in the tunnel there is currently no room.

If they took out the wall displays and used the service corridor is a different matter but I wouldn't want them to get ideas. The ride needs more attention first.

I think Space Mountain is one of the things that most needs to be restored/majorly improved for the 50th anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom