Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There are still a lot of groups here. We haven't encountered any SA tours; today is full of high school bands and twirlers. (You were right, @BWK05!)

IMG_5893.JPG

When we entered the stretching room with a large group of teens, the CM deadpanned in an angry-sounding voice: "Just for this moment think of others. You can go back to being rude individuals once you leave my sight." :eek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is time for a singalong.

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5896.JPG

The next CM we encountered was practicing for her stand-up comedy gig. She held a mic and was talking to guests as we entered the theater.

IMG_5897.JPG

And she went on and on and on. It was very strange.

IMG_5902.JPG

At last she asked if we were ready to see the Bears. And the show started.

IMG_5903.JPG

And I sang along with every song....much to Em's disgrace.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
If you are keeping count, we did 8 attractions before our noon lunch. :happy:

On a VERY crowded President's weekend.

Now we are enjoying our corner booth at Liberty Tree Tavern.
IMG_5913.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

Although our view is not nearly as good as last nights' ;).
IMG_5915.JPG

Cheeseburger for Em.
IMG_5916.JPG

Kid's turkey :)eek:) for me.
IMG_5917.JPG

Since I had ordered this back in December, I was expecting 2 slices of turkey and more than a mouthful of mashed potatoes. And though it isn't visible from this pic, the quantity of green beans is more than 3 children could eat at one sitting. :rolleyes:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Dessert more than made up for my lack of turkey.

IMG_5918.JPG

When the bill came, I was surprised to find a $3.49 charge for my beverage. If I order the kids turkey meal, my beverage should have been included. (At $10.50, it better include a drink!) When my friend K and I ate this same meal in December, we were not charged for our beverage. (And we each had 2 large slices of turkey, but I already vented about that!)

Our server was frazzled and disappeared for long stretches at a time. It wasn't worth questioning the charge since she had already run it through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom