Tomorrowland Overhaul
Carousel of Progress Finale Update
Tron Cycle Coaster replacing Indy Speedway
2 new restaurants in Tomorrowland
Frontierland Overhaul

Epcot:
Park rename
GotG replacing UoE (green lit)

Everything on that list seems reasonable to be, except the Tron coaster, not sure if I buy that one. @marni1971, care to comment?

jrhwdw

Info passed down the grapevine

Magic Kingdom:
Tomorrowland Overhaul
Carousel of Progress Finale Update
Tron Cycle Coaster replacing Indy Speedway
2 new restaurants in Tomorrowland
Frontierland Overhaul
(Update): Happily Ever After will have Main Street projections
Epcot:
Park rename
GotG replacing UoE (green lit)
When will HEA have Main Street projections??? May 12th??? Shouldn't this be in the HEA thread?

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

Epcot needs to cosmetically gutted. Supposed to be most futuristic park but it still looks like the 80's.
It's not supposed to be futuristic, you missed the point completely. Future World is not literally the world of tomorrow, but rather a collection of ideas. Future World takes modern topics and shows how what we have at our disposal now can create a better future. Do your research next time please, I hate having to explain common knowledge.

Goofyernmost

It's not supposed to be futuristic, you missed the point completely. Future World is not literally the world of tomorrow, but rather a collection of ideas. Future World takes modern topics and shows how what we have at our disposal now can create a better future. Do your research next time please, I hate having to explain common knowledge.
It is probably the most vague, useless common knowledge known to mankind. What did it say really? Nothing actually. Figuratively, it means the promise of the future, but, it didn't and couldn't deliver over the long haul. With technology expanding as fast as it has since Epcot opened, the place would have been closed down more in an attempt to keep up with technology then it would have been open. When the place was built, things hadn't started to accelerate as fast as it did within the first 5 or so years of its existence. The intent was noble, but, the future snuck up on them at warp speed and they just couldn't make it work with a degree of efficiency. So, we have what we have today, which, if I might add, is still pretty good entertainment and not anywhere near as 80's as some of you like to pretend you know.

danheaton

It is probably the most vague, useless common knowledge known to mankind. What did it say really? Nothing actually. Figuratively, it means the promise of the future, but, it didn't and couldn't deliver over the long haul. With technology expanding as fast as it has since Epcot opened, the place would have been closed down more in an attempt to keep up with technology then it would have been open. When the place was built, things hadn't started to accelerate as fast as it did within the first 5 or so years of its existence. The intent was noble, but, the future snuck up on them at warp speed and they just couldn't make it work with a degree of efficiency. So, we have what we have today, which, if I might add, is still pretty good entertainment and not anywhere near as 80's as some of you like to pretend you know.

I don't buy the argument that there was nothing Disney could do to keep up with technology. In fact, I'd argue they could do a lot of things today without spending a fortune to make Epcot relevant. They could make updates to Mission: Space, Test Track, The Seas, The Land, and Innoventions that connect to technologies that are just getting rolling. It could still have thrills and connect to Disney while also not being stuck in the past.

The real issue for me is that Disney management doesn't have the interest in Future World. They continue to make profits through the festivals, so they're content to let the pavilions languish. Energy was last updated in 1996. That isn't a case of falling behind tech advances. That's just lazy from Disney.

Goofyernmost

I don't buy the argument that there was nothing Disney could do to keep up with technology. In fact, I'd argue they could do a lot of things today without spending a fortune to make Epcot relevant. They could make updates to Mission: Space, Test Track, The Seas, The Land, and Innoventions that connect to technologies that are just getting rolling. It could still have thrills and connect to Disney while also not being stuck in the past.

The real issue for me is that Disney management doesn't have the interest in Future World. They continue to make profits through the festivals, so they're content to let the pavilions languish. Energy was last updated in 1996. That isn't a case of falling behind tech advances. That's just lazy from Disney.
You were right about one thing. Management doesn't have the interest in future world if they have to periodically change things in a group setting. It really hasn't shown any reason why spending the time, energy and money to do so would pay off. That is still the reason why we have what is there today. It is exactly the same motivation. I don't think that any of us has the theme park operation experience to know what is possible and what is not. If you want to go with "sure then can", fine with me, however, it won't change a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom