BB-8 coming to Star Wars Launch Bay

Mike S

I would expect it to be like the BB-8 in SWAGFFA; on a raised pedestal, stationary center of gravity, remote control. Anyone expecting a practical BB-8 that moves around the room is probably asking too much.
It exists.

It's starting to feel like Disney makes this awesome stuff just for cameras and then to sit and rot in a warehouse somewhere. Really sad and a huge missed oppurtunity.

MrPromey

This along with other recent announcenme st is at least a move in another thread.

I was complaining just the other day about how there should be droids in this experience (among other things). Glad Disney recognizes that more can be done here for guests and is willing to improve.

Hopefully this is the start of a trend for Launch Bay as well as the rest of the resort.

YodaMan

It exists.

It's starting to feel like Disney makes this awesome stuff just for cameras and then to sit and rot in a warehouse somewhere. Really sad and a huge missed oppurtunity.

I never said it didn't exist. I'm just asking you to think rationally. This isn't a one-off event. This is an open-to-close 365-days-a-year meet-and-greet with BB-8. He'll likely be off the ground to allow for quick and easy photo opportunities, and will be designed to operate 12 hours a day without fail. A "real" BB-8 that's down on the ground and moves freely will just likely be too difficult to maintain for daily operations.

Bolt

I never said it didn't exist. I'm just asking you to think rationally. This isn't a one-off event. This is an open-to-close 365-days-a-year meet-and-greet with BB-8. He'll likely be off the ground to allow for quick and easy photo opportunities, and will be designed to operate 12 hours a day without fail. A "real" BB-8 that's down on the ground and moves freely will just likely be too difficult to maintain for daily operations.
How did R2 do sets during Star Wars Weekend?

CaptainAmerica

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4655573869354542767a563277513d3d2d3234363230323233392e313434363361333664396232646463352e676966

YodaMan

How did R2 do sets during Star Wars Weekend?

Intermittently. At least in the final year, Luke and Leia would alternate in the Tantive IV set and occasionally R2 and/or 3PO would join them. R2 was remote controlled and came out near ABC, had very limited mobility once he got out, and would head back after fairly short sets.

RSD Part Deux

BB8 was in the show today. He appeared at the end just before the finale. He rose up from the stage on a shipping crate. He didn't move around except for his head and body spinning. Kind of a let down. Maybe since its early they are still testing. But since it was up on a crate I wouldn't expect more.

Edit: sorry this was in the stage show. I assume it's not new. My bad.

NearTheEars

BB8 was in the show today. He appeared at the end just before the finale. He rose up from the stage on a shipping crate. He didn't move around except for his head and body spinning. Kind of a let down. Maybe since its early they are still testing. But since it was up on a crate I wouldn't expect more.

Edit: sorry this was in the stage show. I assume it's not new. My bad.

That's OK, but it's quite likely a similar version of BB-8 will end up in the meet and greet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom