BREAKING CSR NEWS!

Buzz2001

Original Poster
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...coronado-springs-and-caribbean-beach-resorts/

A 15 story business deluxe tower with 500 bigger rooms to be constructed. Includes concierge level, Presidential and VIP suites, meeting rooms, 60% of the rooms fireworks view of DHS, an island in the middle of Lago Dorado with a bar/restaurant and a series of bridges. A glass roof top restaurant too. The old lobby will become a seating area. The new lobby will be in the tower.

Last edited:

LeighM

Well I was looking forward to staying at a new moderate next year and have been super excited about Coronado Springs. Guess it's not happening now because I won't stay at a place that's undergoing major construction :cry: Guess I'm back to Riverside. Again LOL.

Spectro

Will Disney contact guests with reservations to let them know about construction ? It sounds great once it's completed, but we have booked for September, and not sure I want to stay here during construction.

Bairstow

Hm. I was all set to hate this but the facade of the tower doesn't look half bad.
CSR could use another dining option or two, as well.

Spectro

I think I'm gonna wait til we make final payment to discuss other resort options. Not going to cbr again as that was past 2 trips. Have stayed at por numerous times already, looks like we might have to change to deluxe maybe akl. I can't justify spending $4.5 k package alone to stay in construction. I don't see how the middle of lake construction can avoid detracting from the view or enjoyment.

Patcheslee

I think I'm gonna wait til we make final payment to discuss other resort options. Not going to cbr again as that was past 2 trips. Have stayed at por numerous times already, looks like we might have to change to deluxe maybe akl. I can't justify spending $4.5 k package alone to stay in construction. I don't see how the middle of lake construction can avoid detracting from the view or enjoyment.
Final payment was already made for us at CBR for June was made in December, I'm wondering this as well. Either they have no intention of contacting people, they are waiting until the current construction in Trinidad South is done, or just hoping people change resorts on their own. CBR has shown only pirate rooms available since the permits were filled. Hopefully it's not an overbooked situation and not telling people.

JS514

Although, I'm excited for the expansion....I'm a tad weary since I have an upcoming trip at CSR in May. I've known about the construction going on for awhile (room refurbs, removing 9b, etc..), but now, I'm worried about it since it is a huge project. I don't mind a few little inconveniences, but if I'm looking at cranes and bulldozers all day while I'm at the pool or strolling around the lake, I'm going to be a bit disappointed. Does anybody know how far along they'll be in May?

Last edited:
Although, I'm excited for the expansion....I'm a tad weary since I have an upcoming trip there in May. I've known about the construction going on for awhile (room refurbs, removing 9b, etc..), but now, I'm worried about it since it is a huge project. I don't mind a few little inconveniences, but if I'm looking at cranes and bulldozers all day while I'm at the pool or strolling around the lake, I'm going to be a bit disappointed. Does anybody know how far along they'll be in May?
I'll be at CBR next week. I'll post here regarding anything out of the way.The CSR tower looks like a great idea on website. We were at WL during renovation last year. No impact at all, might have been why the resort had no waits for anything... half the rooms were unavailable. We missed all the outdoor construction for the new villas. They had bulldozed land by the lake, but hadn't erected anything yet. As for CBR, between the new construction and the plan I came across for the Gondola system ( i think i saw that here at wdwmagic) I will have Disney FEVER as soon as we fly home. :geek:

Spectro

I imagine it will Be hard to get a ressie at Por once news of this contstruction spreads. Renovations I can cope with major construction nope. I don't see how a Louisiana theme could incorporate a high rise building though so maybe it will be safe :cyclops:

dmatt87

Final payment was already made for us at CBR for June was made in December, I'm wondering this as well. Either they have no intention of contacting people, they are waiting until the current construction in Trinidad South is done, or just hoping people change resorts on their own. CBR has shown only pirate rooms available since the permits were filled. Hopefully it's not an overbooked situation and not telling people.
I hope CBR is not overbooked - we are there at the end of May and would not want this type of stress!

21stamps

Will Disney contact guests with reservations to let them know about construction ? It sounds great once it's completed, but we have booked for September, and not sure I want to stay here during construction.
The last 3 resorts that I have stayed at all had construction during our stay. Poly, GF, and WL. Disney notified me by email each time. It's also on the website page of the resort itself. The construction didn't bother us at all! If you love the resort, don't let construction derail you from staying there :)
Wilderness Lodge left this in our room, which I thought was a nice touch.
IMG_7888.JPG

Patcheslee

The last 3 resorts that I have stayed at all had construction during our stay. Poly, GF, and WL. Disney notified me by email each time. It's also on the website page of the resort itself. The construction didn't bother us at all! If you love the resort, don't let construction derail you from staying there :)
Wilderness Lodge left this in our room, which I thought was a nice touch.
View attachment 190163
It'll be our first time as Disney, but CBR just seemed like our place as far as mods go. WL is just too much like being at home to want for an alternate. Its good to know they contacted you about construction before your stay. The resort page is still showing the Trinidad construction so hopefully it updates before we go.

Jess G

Overbooking leads to people getting bumped up to deluxes .... Please overbook me! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom