deleted

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The forum was originally established as an extension of the main site at www.wdwmagic.com for the purpose of discussion.

The news and information gets posted onto the main site, and the discussion from the members then follows on the forum.

So for an example, take Rivers of Light.

Its news section on the site is at http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/news.htm, and this covers pretty much everything that has happened since its announcement.

Then its related discussion thread is at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...o-be-coming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.875251/

This is the case for every project for the last 20 odd years.

Kamikaze

What I was referring to was when somebody posts something that doesn't get posted on the main site, it could go into the new forum. For example, when @marni1971 or @WDW1974 shares some insider information, most of the time it is buried in a long thread and is not seen on the main page, and many users find this frustrating. My idea was that we could have one forum dedicated solely to information and rumors being posted, and the other forum would be dedicated to people's thoughts on the subject. So lets use Star Wars Experience as an example. In one forum, we could have a thread dedicated to construction photos, insider information, links to the main page when you have news to share, etc. In the other forum, we could have a thread dedicated to members discussing their opinions on SWE. Think of it as a combination of News and Rumors and General Discussion. Sorry, I should have clarified in my original post. :)

But a forum post is a discussion by its very nature.

There's nothing to say you can't take an insider's info and break that out into a separate thread if you think that it is off-topic enough to warrant a new thread. I don't remember what the edit limits are for this site, but maybe the thread's OP editing the first post with a link to posts with such info would also suffice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom