Linking Store bought Magic Bands

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
Hi all.....our trip is planned for April 30-May5. We will be staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom villa. Here is my question: I know that we will receive Magic Bands with our tickets but I am thinking about going to the Disney Store and buying my granddaughter a Frozen Anna and Elsa Magic Band. Can someone please explain how I go about linking the new Frozen Magic Band to MDE? I guess I just don't understand the steps to do this. Thanks! :cat:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Just note you get bands for your resort reservation not by buying tickets. Resort guests get them free whether they buy tickets or not. It's a WDW resort guest perk being you use them for room entry etc.
To link a band you buy it's very easy you just go to link a magic band in your MDE account and put in the printed alpha numeric code on the back of the band. The magic bands also come with instructions of how to add it in the package. Takes about 2 min and you can use it immediately. :)

CoasterKing

Okay, you link your magic band to a trip you are taking now. You get home and decide upon another trip in three months. Can you link those same magic bands to your new trip or do you have to get new ones?

Thanks!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Okay, you link your magic band to a trip you are taking now. You get home and decide upon another trip in three months. Can you link those same magic bands to your new trip or do you have to get new ones?

Thanks!!
You can use your old bands. No special linking required. If you book a new Disney resort stay, you can order new bands if you want or you can decline them.

KBLovedDisney

Bumping an old thread to add this question: I just bought a new Magic Band for my upcoming trip, but I will not be staying on property. I will also be purchasing a 3 Day Base Ticket. How difficult is it to link my new Magic Band just for the tickets? How do I do this?

Rob562

Bumping an old thread to add this question: I just bought a new Magic Band for my upcoming trip, but I will not be staying on property. I will also be purchasing a 3 Day Base Ticket. How difficult is it to link my new Magic Band just for the tickets? How do I do this?

Link both the ticket and the Band to your MDE profile using their serial numbers. Voila.

-Rob

correcaminos

The thing to keep in mind is that the tickets are not linked to just one band, they are linked to your account. Same with bands. They are not linked to just one set of tickets, they are linked to your account. You will purchase your band, sign into your accouont and go to this link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/magic-bands/

From there you will enter in the code on the back of the band. You'll now be able to use that band (or any other bands linked to your account) to use with your tickets (once you link those as well - here is the link if you need that https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/tickets-passes/)

KBLovedDisney

Link both the ticket and the Band to your MDE profile using their serial numbers. Voila.

-Rob
The thing to keep in mind is that the tickets are not linked to just one band, they are linked to your account. Same with bands. They are not linked to just one set of tickets, they are linked to your account. You will purchase your band, sign into your accouont and go to this link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/magic-bands/

From there you will enter in the code on the back of the band. You'll now be able to use that band (or any other bands linked to your account) to use with your tickets (once you link those as well - here is the link if you need that https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/tickets-passes/)
Thanks!:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom