Attraction height and age restrictions

msks

Thanks. Safety was my main concern since an inch could be the difference between flipflops or nike airs. I have never been so I wondered if the rides all had harnesses/straps.
They will measure your son when you get in line, and if he is not tall enough he will not be allowed on the ride. This has nothing to do with how scared he may or may not be, but it is a safety measure dictated by the restraints of the ride.
s.

buseegal

if he is close on height he will most likely be measured twice at each ride. most rides have a seatbelt with some having a t strap, no harnesses like carseats. if close in height go with sneakers instead of flipflops. hardest is you can get all the way to ride and be measured the second time and not make the height and be refused to ride. so just making first will not be a sure thing if close in height

DisneyBaby823

Okay, I have to ask (as the links for some take me to error pages)... We're just about set to go in May 2015; our baby will be turning from 20months to 21months during our stay. I cannot guess how tall he'll be but I really want to know more about restrictions of specific rides such as Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion!

Though he's already a tall baby. My husband and I are both tall. He's currently 9m, 28". I'd like to assume he'll be tall enough for the rides listed as these rides are all MUSTS on my list for every trip!

Thank you. :)

HRHPrincessAriel

Okay, I have to ask (as the links for some take me to error pages)... We're just about set to go in May 2015; our baby will be turning from 20months to 21months during our stay. I cannot guess how tall he'll be but I really want to know more about restrictions of specific rides such as Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion!

Though he's already a tall baby. My husband and I are both tall. He's currently 9m, 28". I'd like to assume he'll be tall enough for the rides listed as these rides are all MUSTS on my list for every trip!

I don't think those have height limits.

buseegal

Ariel there are no height restrictions for the 4 rides listed but for the ones that do, if a piece of paper will fit between bar and child's head child will not be able to ride. as I said earlier they can measure twice and it is the second time at the ride that counts as to if you can ride.

DisneyBaby823

Thanks for the answers guys!
Going to WDW with kids is like going again for the first time! All of a sudden you have to learn what you can and can't do. I wasn't worried about it but my mom hit the proverbial panic button about him being able to fit with the bars coming down and whether I could ride rides with him in my lap, etc.

Bcakd

No worries love! We took our then 18 month daughter and all was fine. Have a great time and soak it up! they are only little once!

KordovaJD

The My Disney Experience iPhone app has all of the height restrictions for kiddos.

If it hasn't been mentioned already.

farside41

So we are heading down to WDW in a couple weeks and our daughter is exactly 40" when we measure her with sneakers and get her to stand up straight (which can be a struggle)

Should we feel confident going up to 40" rides or should we be ob guard for rejection?

Is there any way to get a wristband at customer service so we don't have to do the dance at every ride?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So we are heading down to WDW in a couple weeks and our daughter is exactly 40" when we measure her with sneakers and get her to stand up straight (which can be a struggle)

Should we feel confident going up to 40" rides or should we be ob guard for rejection?

Is there any way to get a wristband at customer service so we don't have to do the dance at every ride?
I've never heard of a wrist band to preclude the cast members obligation to do their job of checking riders height for safety reasons.

I think you will have to do the song and dance at every ride.

Explain to your daughter that if she doesn't stand up straight when they do the checks that she will not get to enjoy the attraction at all.

I've seen them do multiple checks on an attraction. When getting in line and then again at boarding...so don't be surprised if this happens.

ElleJay1119

Just looking into this, my son will be almost 3 when we go (hence why we're going then) and he won't be 40" by then, but I thought he could at least ride the Barnstormer. But then I saw somewhere that he would have to be 3 to ride that. It will be obvious he's not 3, since he won't have a ticket. Is the age restriction not a thing anymore?

DiSnEyF@n

Just looking into this, my son will be almost 3 when we go (hence why we're going then) and he won't be 40" by then, but I thought he could at least ride the Barnstormer. But then I saw somewhere that he would have to be 3 to ride that. It will be obvious he's not 3, since he won't have a ticket. Is the age restriction not a thing anymore?

Here is a link to help you with understanding the requirements.... He should be fine to go on Barnstormer. I do NOT believe that there is an age requirement, as long as he is tall enough. :)

http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm

HRHPrincessAriel

Here is a link to help you with understanding the requirements.... He should be fine to go on Barnstormer. I do NOT believe that there is an age requirement, as long as he is tall enough. :)

http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm
Actually there are quiet a few that do have them. http://www.wdwmagic.com/height-and-age-restrictions.htm scroll to bottom
http://www.wdwmagic.com/height-and-age-restrictions.htm

However, I don't see that listed on WDW's page anymore. I've read other places the age this could also be for development sake as well.

Nona

Its up to date, but I keep the old attarctions on there for historical purposes. There isnt a height requirement for Tea Cups, Pooh, Dumbo or Snow White.
are the height requirements just for riding alone? I have a 3 year old that is 36" tall. (and obviously I am talking with an adult. I am hoping there will be some rides she can do as she LOVES rides

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
are the height requirements just for riding alone? I have a 3 year old that is 36" tall. (and obviously I am talking with an adult. I am hoping there will be some rides she can do as she LOVES rides
As long as she is with someone 14+ she can ride anything without a height requirement.
Anything that does have a height requirement she must meet the requirement in order to ride. If she is not tall enough she cannot ride .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom