WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

Anna_Minnie44

Greetings all. How do I get in contact with the bakery at Contemporary? Finally beginning to plan the grandparents 50th anniversary cake in May so probably should start getting started on it! My creativity has eluded me so far but hopefully will get a brainwave soon!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Greetings all. How do I get in contact with the bakery at Contemporary? Finally beginning to plan the grandparents 50th anniversary cake in May so probably should start getting started on it! My creativity has eluded me so far but hopefully will get a brainwave soon!

This is the contact info...
407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com

The email address is what you'll need to contact if you want to hash out design details with one of the chefs. You'll need to call the number either way to speak to private dining and place your order.

50th anniversary sounds like a wonderful reason to celebrate! And lots of options for themes.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
@HouCuseChickie , have you heard anything further about the future of cake orders in Magic Kingdom?

Someone got the following reply a few weeks ago...

Greetings and thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! Please note that this mailbox is no longer monitored. For specialty dessert options available at table service restaurants within the Magic Kingdom, including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Crystal Palace, Tony’s Town Square, and the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, please emailWDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com.
For options available at another park or resort, please call the Cake Hotline at 407-827-2253 and select the option for the corresponding park or resort.
Thank you and Have a Magical Day!

Kindest Regards,
The Special Occasion Coordinator Team
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

I have seen a few more cupcakes from people that have been showing up at CRT, but the reviews have been along the lines of "cute, but not tasty."

Anna_Minnie44

Thanks @HouCuseChickie I had a small stroke of inspiration last night after I posted. We'll be at the Cali Grill and will watch the fireworks from up there so it seemed appropriate.

Attachments

• Cake Idea.jpg
    Cake Idea.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 179

alissafalco

Someone got the following reply a few weeks ago...

Greetings and thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! Please note that this mailbox is no longer monitored. For specialty dessert options available at table service restaurants within the Magic Kingdom, including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Crystal Palace, Tony’s Town Square, and the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, please emailWDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com.
For options available at another park or resort, please call the Cake Hotline at 407-827-2253 and select the option for the corresponding park or resort.
Thank you and Have a Magical Day!

Kindest Regards,
The Special Occasion Coordinator Team
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

I have seen a few more cupcakes from people that have been showing up at CRT, but the reviews have been along the lines of "cute, but not tasty."
Such a shame. This could have been a real money maker for them. Its in high demand, they could have hired a team just for specialty cakes. Instead they just cut it? SMH
Im glad I got to order our specialty cake to BOG before they decided to just axe this :mad:
IMG_5767.JPG

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Such a shame. This could have been a real money maker for them. Its in high demand, they could have hired a team just for specialty cakes. Instead they just cut it? SMH
Im glad I got to order our specialty cake to BOG before they decided to just axe this :mad:
View attachment 188966

I completely agree. I've been spending a bit of time in the various Disney groups on Facebook. Over the last 2 years, I have seen a considerable spike in requests for cake info. At least 1/3 of them would like a cake at CRT or BOG. I've seen a number of people add Akershus, simply because the Epcot bakery services Norway.

Laura Mason

Hi! Does anyone have any pictures of an Aurora/Sleeping Beauty themed cake they could share? I've looked through this thread but only found one on the first page. We'll be at WDW in October and I'll be ordering a custom cake from the GF. I need some help with ideas! Thanks

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Hi! Does anyone have any pictures of an Aurora/Sleeping Beauty themed cake they could share? I've looked through this thread but only found one on the first page. We'll be at WDW in October and I'll be ordering a custom cake from the GF. I need some help with ideas! Thanks

I haven't seen much in the way of Aurora cakes. Lots of Maleficent, but no love for Sleeping Beauty. She's not even an option for a 3d edible topper. The "make it blue/make it pink" cake below is the only one I've ever seen that I kind of like.

8626752126_a3ae9a409b_z.jpg

I'm sure they could do something like this along with a 2D image of her and other accents like flowers and such to make it more interesting.

Alternately, while I've never seen it done for any princesses other than Snow White and Belle, they might be able to do a Sleeping Beauty version of a dress cake. Example below.

8625654265_b6bbdab6ac_z.jpg

And instead of an apple on top, maybe they could make an edible spindle.

The GF probably has the most extensive library of images that can be used for cakes, so Pat may able to give you options based on the images they have that would better theme the cake. Ex. If they had anything of her during 'Once Upon a Dream," they might be able to make an edible woodland scene behind a 2D edible image to really have the cake tell a story. Still, so much of this hinges on what images are in their library.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted :)

Sabriel

So glad I came across this thread. My family's done at least four custom cakes in the past and we were counting on doing a couple more on our next trip, but at least one was going to be at Be Our Guest, so this certainly changes things.

I'll be glad if they're working on streamlining the ordering process (maybe a site with information and pictures about the options?), but of course, the trade off is less actual customization :arghh:. And I kind of enjoy not knowing how the cakes will turn out, they've all been better than expected in my experience.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So glad I came across this thread. My family's done at least four custom cakes in the past and we were counting on doing a couple more on our next trip, but at least one was going to be at Be Our Guest, so this certainly changes things.

I'll be glad if they're working on streamlining the ordering process (maybe a site with information and pictures about the options?), but of course, the trade off is less actual customization :arghh:. And I kind of enjoy not knowing how the cakes will turn out, they've all been better than expected in my experience.

If you have pics, we'd love to see the cakes. :) I really hope they change things for MK, because it was always a nice treat having a cake in the park.

I've thought about that, but I'm wondering if they fear they'd overwhelm the bakeries. I've only had one cake that really disappointed me, but most have exceeded my expectations.

VOLSMickeyFan

My upcoming trip, October 2017, is a mix of family and friends. We have ressies for a party of 19 (7 kids, 12 adults) at O'Hana's for breakfast one morning and I would love to do dessert for the entire party. I'm thinking a fancy cake or several mini cakes. Even thought of doing one larger cake for adults and either mini cakes or cupcakes for kids. Since we have such a variety of likes - princesses, pirates, and different characters, I'm struggling with what to do. Of course everyone loves Mickey so I could stick with that or even a tropical theme. I'm just torn. I guess I'm just posting here for some inspiration :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
My upcoming trip, October 2017, is a mix of family and friends. We have ressies for a party of 19 (7 kids, 12 adults) at O'Hana's for breakfast one morning and I would love to do dessert for the entire party. I'm thinking a fancy cake or several mini cakes. Even thought of doing one larger cake for adults and either mini cakes or cupcakes for kids. Since we have such a variety of likes - princesses, pirates, and different characters, I'm struggling with what to do. Of course everyone loves Mickey so I could stick with that or even a tropical theme. I'm just torn. I guess I'm just posting here for some inspiration :)

I love the idea of one larger cake and then a bunch of mini cakes... and the GF bakery (which services the Poly) will do the single tier minis. An 8' would be plenty IMO to feed 12 adults. Depending on how you cut it and how hungry everyone is with breakfast, I could even see getting away with a 6" cake if you also do the mini cakes for the kids. We had a 6" this past July for a party of 6 and we left with over half of the cake. They won't mix characters from different cartoon worlds on single cake, so that's your best bet for getting everyone's likes covered.

Obviously, one large cake would be more cost effective, so that's a consideration if you can decide on a singular theme. I'd probably opt for a 10" if you go this route.They can definitely do a tropical theme and they can make cute things like edible palm trees, surf boards, shells and sand. They may also have beachy Mickey in their gallery for edible images...although, I know we see more Lilo and Stitch when we see this theme. Ultimately, Mickey & Friends affords you the most number of characters that they "should" have that could go up on the cake.

VOLSMickeyFan

I love the idea of one larger cake and then a bunch of mini cakes... and the GF bakery (which services the Poly) will do the single tier minis. An 8' would be plenty IMO to feed 12 adults. Depending on how you cut it and how hungry everyone is with breakfast, I could even see getting away with a 6" cake if you also do the mini cakes for the kids. We had a 6" this past July for a party of 6 and we left with over half of the cake. They won't mix characters from different cartoon worlds on single cake, so that's your best bet for getting everyone's likes covered.

Obviously, one large cake would be more cost effective, so that's a consideration if you can decide on a singular theme. I'd probably opt for a 10" if you go this route.They can definitely do a tropical theme and they can make cute things like edible palm trees, surf boards, shells and sand. They may also have beachy Mickey in their gallery for edible images...although, I know we see more Lilo and Stitch when we see this theme. Ultimately, Mickey & Friends affords you the most number of characters that they "should" have that could go up on the cake.

I'm going to think on all of your suggestions and talk it over with my husband. I'll get back with you. Thank you so much for your time and advice. I'll have many more questions soon.

dduffin

IMG_0247.PNG
I have a question. I was planning g on orderi g cakes for delivery to our room. Originally we were staying at ft wilderness and I was going to order the ought the contemporary. Our reservations got changed to animal kingdom. Can I still have cake delivered there from contemporary bakery. Also do you think they could do one like I attached or is grand Floridian better. I want one rapunzel and one megara from Hercules. Hopefully with specialty filling. Sorry for so many questions. And if you have any suggestions/ideas for rapinzel or meg I'd love to hear them. THANK YOU

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
View attachment 199816 I have a question. I was planning g on orderi g cakes for delivery to our room. Originally we were staying at ft wilderness and I was going to order the ought the contemporary. Our reservations got changed to animal kingdom. Can I still have cake delivered there from contemporary bakery. Also do you think they could do one like I attached or is grand Floridian better. I want one rapunzel and one megara from Hercules. Hopefully with specialty filling. Sorry for so many questions. And if you have any suggestions/ideas for rapinzel or meg I'd love to hear them. THANK YOU

You have to go through the bakery that services the resort. So, if you're staying at AKL, you'll need to work with AKL's bakery to have a cake delivered at your resort. If you want to work with the Contemporary bakery and are not staying at the Contemporary, WL or Ft Wilderness, you'd need to be dining at a TS spot at one of those resorts and have it delivered to the meal. Same goes for the GF bakery...i.e. would need to be staying at the GF or Poly for resort room delivery, or dining in one of their restaurants for meal delivery. I've pasted the info below for AKL's bakery. Hope this helps :) I'd try and see if you can send them the pic of what you want and they'll let you know what they can do.

Animal Kingdom Lodge* — 407-938-4720
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $40 custom vanilla or chocolate cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, chocolate mousse, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $54 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Zebra Cake $42 (serves 8-10): Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse and light and dark chocolate ganache zebra stripes
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available. 5–7 days’ notice is required. Private dining may be able to pick up cakes made by other Disney resort bakeries.

dduffin

Oh under animal kingdom is says private do I g may be able to pick up from other Disney resort bakeries if it is a fondant cake. Do you know if anyone has had success doing this at animal kingdom. That was what I was hoping for. Thanks for the info!!!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Oh under animal kingdom is says private do I g may be able to pick up from other Disney resort bakeries if it is a fondant cake. Do you know if anyone has had success doing this at animal kingdom. That was what I was hoping for. Thanks for the info!!!

I'm not sure I follow. AKL's bakery does fondant cakes. You'd just need to call that number. They are often tied into resort private dining (Contemporary's is and sometimes GF does that when Pat is out), but you'd still need to reach out to them at that # to get things rolling with your order. You just tell them you're trying to order a cake to be delivered to your room during your stay at AKL. Minus a few exceptions, cakes aren't normally a pick up sort of scenario at WDW. Contemporary bakery may let you pick up a cake at the Wave, Boardwalk Bakery has been known to let some guests do pick up a the bakery along the BW, and cakes for POR and POFQ are usually delivered to Boatwrights for pick up...but that's about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom