Artegon Marketplace closing 1/26

disney4life2008

Im not shocked. I went to Fuddruckers a few months ago which was nice but the place itself should be elsewhere. As others have mentioned it would be nice in winter park or Altamonte but along i drive was not good. Sad to see it leave.

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
I'll miss Gods & Monsters. I know they're working on a temp relocation at the moment while they hash out a long-term location.

I think the owners of the Artegon property only really gave it halfhearted attempt because they realized that the actual land is worth more than they could reliably make. The next step is to see if they they sell outright and if Bass Pro and Cinemark are willing to sell too.

Last edited:

cheezbat

I was there on 1/26. It was so sad to see the majority of places closed. Still, good times reminicising of all the memories I've made there the past fifteen years.

pilka214

It's been a struggling property every since it's inception as Festival Bay years ago... it had HUGE potential, and indoor skatepark, massive stores and for a while Ron Jon planned on building a surf park... but something never clicked. My opinion was mismanagement and too high of rent, but i have no idea really, it was owned by GGP malls which sucked. Artegon was a neat departure and i was hoping a successful business model, but with the expansion of I drive and all the expanding businesses that property is $$$$$... I've heard rumors of a potential theme park investor, which could be neat.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's been a struggling property every since it's inception as Festival Bay years ago... it had HUGE potential, and indoor skatepark, massive stores and for a while Ron Jon planned on building a surf park... but something never clicked. My opinion was mismanagement and too high of rent, but i have no idea really, it was owned by GGP malls which sucked. Artegon was a neat departure and i was hoping a successful business model, but with the expansion of I drive and all the expanding businesses that property is $$$$$... I've heard rumors of a potential theme park investor, which could be neat.

The skate park was pretty great actually. It's unfortunate for all of the small businesses impacted by this, hopefully they can all move to better locations and their losses will be small.

OliveMcFly

This used to be Festival Bay Mall! I used to go the Universal Outlet years ago. I can't believe it survived this long. It's a pretty mall but it was terribly empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom