Will SeaWorld bring back the big act after the demise of Ringling Bros?

TheMouseFan

Yes they are. They're cutting operational hours, staff, anything they can, basically. Attendance is dismal. Mako was built to attempt to reverse the dwindling attendance levels, but it did not help. On most days, not only is Mako a walk-on, but you can ride multiple times without having to leave your seat.

SeaWorld is in trouble and if they aren't able to turn attendance around I could see the park being put up for sale within the next few years.
So, you are saying that it would be unnecessary for me to buy quick queue passes for my visit on June 12? I certainly don't want to waste money, but we want to make the most of our one day visit, so I am willing to purchase them if they would make the day more enjoyable.

Tom Morrow

So, you are saying that it would be unnecessary for me to buy quick queue passes for my visit on June 12? I certainly don't want to waste money, but we want to make the most of our one day visit, so I am willing to purchase them if they would make the day more enjoyable.
Summer is a different story because locals still come, so it's hard to say. If it's a weekday you still may not need it. Outside of summer of a holiday weekend though, you can pretty much count on the rides being walk-on by 1:00 PM.

TheMouseFan

Summer is a different story because locals still come, so it's hard to say. If it's a weekday you still may not need it. Outside of summer of a holiday weekend though, you can pretty much count on the rides being walk-on by 1:00 PM.
We are going on a Monday. The summer hours and pricing start the following Saturday. Is it available for purchase the day we are there, or do you have to buy it ahead of time?

Tom Morrow

We are going on a Monday. The summer hours and pricing start the following Saturday. Is it available for purchase the day we are there, or do you have to buy it ahead of time?
You can buy it in the park. I would definitely wait to see the crowds first before buying it. Usually later in the day, everything is walk-on.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Shamu stadium would be a great location for a new ride. I think they should keep the rescue pet shows, but replace the other shows (which tend to not be very good anyway) with more rides or other "we do these great things for animals" attractions.

Tom Morrow

Regarding crowds, I was there on Presidents Day, and the coasters were all walk-on by noon. Not a good sign at all, the park needs locals to stay afloat and Presidents Day is when they should be there.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Regarding crowds, I was there on Presidents Day, and the coasters were all walk-on by noon. Not a good sign at all, the park needs locals to stay afloat and Presidents Day is when they should be there.

We didn't renew last year, have no plans to renew now. Looked at the Blue Friday BOGO, and determined it wasn't a deal. Then I looked at the new all year dining, and realized after all the restrictions they put on it that I'd be better off buying anything I want ala carte.

If they want to stay in business, they need to be competitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom