Trip Report That time I dislocated my kneecap in WDW...

Hi friends :) I’ll get back to that title in a little bit, I’m much better now but that certainly put an unwelcome twist on the trip. My best friend, trying to make me feel better, said I'm lucky-who gets to experience a hurricane and dislocate their kneecap both in Disney within a few months. She does have a point ;)

But first...a couple months ago, right before I went on my November trip, I was already getting bummed because I didn’t know when I’d be going back (I have problems:oops:…). That same day my cousin texted me saying she had a meeting in Orlando January 14th and asked if I wanted to fly down for the weekend and join her at Disney for a couple days. Well, DUH :D
We didn’t really talk about it much in the next few weeks until we saw each other over thanksgiving. My aunt was on board and I wanted my mom to come too but she said no – it’s too much trouble for her to ask off of work. I was bummed but understand the position she is in so didn’t push it – I also had an idea up my sleeve…
I suggested to my dad that we give my mom this trip for Christmas. I talked to her boss about getting the time off, explaining we wanted to surprise her etc and it was no problem. In the meantime, my cousin tells me that her little ones will be coming along, an even better surprise that once my mom found out about, she wouldn't miss this for anything.
SO I tell my mom the trip isn’t happening – made up an excuse about having mandatory things at work I really can’t get out of so my cousin is just going to the meeting and not spending any time at Disney. A relief for my mom so she didn’t have to worry about work. ;)
Christmas morning comes, my mom unwrapped her magicband and she was SO confused and excited when she figured out all our scheming. We let her unwrap gift certificates for the dining plan (something we never do), photopass, our hotel & flights, then the kids magicbands. Until that moment she thought it was just my aunt, cousin and me. She couldn’t believe it! What was even more exciting is that the trip was less than 3 weeks away!
My cousin didn’t tell the kids until New Years and they were just as excited!

So here we are –

Me
Eliska – 6.5
Julian – 4.5
Michelle- my cousin
Phyl- My Mom/Auntie to the kids :)
Bev – My Aunt/Nonna to the kids

We were in Orlando from Friday January 13th – Tuesday January 17th.
My mom and I stayed Friday night at Port Orleans French Quarter
Michelle & Fam stayed at a nearby hotel where her conference was going on
Saturday we all switched to a Cars Suite at Art of Animation

Hope you'll join along! :)

samantha788

Original Poster
I follow her too! Hahah :) I think the Tiana in friendship fare, is the same one from one of your other TR's! I think maybe flinn too!
They are!! hahah, I love it

And please don't stop!!!! Love your pictures.

This picture is too funny!

Love the Mine Train pictures. They went from looking terrified to pure joy!
Thank you!! He was such a goof, Elena got the biggest smile out of him all day:):)

If you wanted to share some of their insta names with me, I wouldn't be opposed... :D:D:D. My instagram feed is like 60% Disney people now and I LOVE IT!
Messaging youuu ;)

Oh my goodness your title! Ahhh!!

And I thought getting stung by a bee was bad! Hope you are doing much better! Sending you pixie dust filled hugs!
Thank youuu! Much better now. I've never actually been stung!!:eek: (Knocking on wood haha) But it scares me, so just as bad in a different way!

I can't get enough of the MRFF photos! I haven't seen it in person yet.
:inlove: The photos with the princesses are priceless! I also love the pictures on Mine Train.
Glad you all enjoyed Boma. We went there several years ago and really enjoyed it. I was worried that my parents wouldn't like it, but everyone stepped out of their comfort zone, tried lots of new things and we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it.
Thank you!! You'll love MRFF. The music and characters are so fun :)
Same feelings about Boma! Our group was the same way- but had the same reaction you did.

Love your report! Can't wait for more! Hope your knee is feeling better!
Thank you so much! It is getting better :)

samantha788

Original Poster
After dinner my mom and I wanted to go to the Poly but since MK was still open we decided to go there first, then go to the poly:)

It was such a nice night! The moon looked SO cool, I couldn’t stop taking pictures.

I was able to pick up a FP for big thunder mountain so we headed over there first. Then got another FP for Buzz.

After Buzz we finally made it to the peoplemover! We tried earlier in the day and were about to go up the ramp when it stopped. We waited for a while but it showed no sign of starting up so had left.

When we got off the peoplemover the park was closed and we walked through all the shops and caught the kiss goodnight – everyone was just walking out paying no attention to it! It was as if there was no music or talking happeningo_O

As we were about to get in line for the monorail, I checked to see how late Tambu Lounge was open…only til midnight and it was already 11:30 – with everyone leaving the lines for the boat and monorail were too long and we’d never make it over there:banghead: So another night striking out on that! We headed back to our room instead and just called it a night :)

samantha788

Original Poster
SUNDAY- JANUARY 15
We were up early with a big day at Hollywood Studios and EPCOT ahead of us! When I looked out the window I saw 3 hot air balloons! I’d never seen that before- they were pretty close too! Excuse the AWFUL picture – the windows were all fogged up except for an inch near the seam haha.

First up was Hollywood Studios!

Julian is a star wars nut. He loves it so much, and for being 4 years old, he is so good at explaining the entire story (I know nothing but he makes me want to watch). My cousins whole family is actually really into it, they’ve done star wars costumes the past two Halloweens :) Well anyway, all Julian wanted this whole trip was to see a stormtrooper so it was no question the first thing we were doing was catching the March of the First Order.
We were about 10 minutes ahead of it starting so nobody was lined up, a cast member tipped us off to a great place to watch and Julian was in awe – and a bit scared haha. It was really cool though and they came right up to him! After, Julian was really impressed and kept talking about how cool it was.

We had some time before our first FP so went to meet everyone’s favorite snowman!
I love how much my mom loves Olaf haha:D

samantha788

Original Poster

Just the best:inlove:

One of my other favorite views...

On our way to lunch the star wars show was going on so we stopped to catch the end of it- the kids loved seeing all the characters.

We went and had lunch at ABC Commissary – it was good! The last few times we’ve tried to go for dinner they’ve been closed so I was happy to be able to actually get in this time haha.

The kids were each promised a souvenir and Julian searched the entire star wars store and wanted the death trooper costume. Which really meant the mask that came with it haha. He put it on and was so serious – it was a challenge to get it off of him rest of the trip!:D

I suggested walking over to EPCOT and everyone was on board! Finally getting to experience and learn the walk on our October trip made me fall in love with it so I was happy the rest of the gang wanted to walk it too. Jules just marched like a trooper the whole way- fully playing the part. And Eliska had us all tired just watching her run ahead of us, then back, then ahead and back haha. She doubled the distance of that walk!
It was so peaceful and beautiful out – everyone loved it.

samantha788

Original Poster
We stayed at the Yacht Club in December and did this walk a few times.
I agree that it is peaceful and relaxing compared to the transportation system.

Max
Yes! I would love to stay at the yacht club one day :)

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

You made my day the first time you sent me the Beauty and the Beast picture, and now you've made it again. :)
:):) One day we need to watch together!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Promise I'll catch up here soon but I'm actually getting on a plane right now for a work trip that's sending me on a Disney cruise!! :D:DAnd a night at Animal Kingdom Lodge tonight. We have a ton to do when we get in today but I am determined to get to Magic Kingdom even just for 5 minutes ;)
I'm beyond excited, I've never been on a Disney cruise before. I'll be instagramming (samwnek) and snapchatting (smw5096) it all if you want to follow along!:)

Of course I want to follow! Added you! Have a Magical Time!! :D:D

DonnaOnTheRocks

Promise I'll catch up here soon but I'm actually getting on a plane right now for a work trip that's sending me on a Disney cruise!! :D:DAnd a night at Animal Kingdom Lodge tonight. We have a ton to do when we get in today but I am determined to get to Magic Kingdom even just for 5 minutes ;)
I'm beyond excited, I've never been on a Disney cruise before. I'll be instagramming (samwnek) and snapchatting (smw5096) it all if you want to follow along!:)
Just added you on Instagram! I've never been on a Disney cruise either, hope you have an amazing time!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Have a great mini trip and cruise
And please update us when you get back!

Max

MotherofaPrincessLover

I obviously need a different job...

samantha788

Original Poster

Doc Disney

Woohoo have a great time! I can't wait to hear about the cruise since I have never done one before either :) I added you on snapchat and IG! I think my names are the same for both - wierchom - in case you were wondering who the weirdo is since my name makes no sense to people haha

LisaBelle

Sooooo jealous! I hope you have an amazing time. Can't wait to read all about it!

blreinsel

YOUR JOB RULES. Meeting Nick Viall, AKL, and a Disney cruise all in one week? If you need a personal assistant, I'm definitely up for the task. :p

:):) One day we need to watch together!

We will!!!! :D

Woohoo have a great time! I can't wait to hear about the cruise since I have never done one before either :) I added you on snapchat and IG! I think my names are the same for both - wierchom - in case you were wondering who the weirdo is since my name makes no sense to people haha

I'm cracking up.. As I was reading this, I had pulled up Instagram and saw that I had a new follow request to which I thought, "who is this person??" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom