Jimmy Fallon Ride

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Tonight Shop Opened today. Note: They are selling Hastag the Oanda Costumes... And they are having a hashtag meet next door...
That struck me as odd too. It definitely blurs the line of character integrity to a new level for something that's allegedly going to be daily operations.

disneyflush

It looks neat....But, how is this going to be relevant in say oh....8-10 years depending on if Fallon can stay funny.....

I also don't believe the expected life-span is as long as it historically has been at somewhere like WDW where nostalgia is such a big selling point. At a point a park can be severely hamstrung against innovation unless they are willing to reinvent rides every generation or so.

sjhym333

As of today operations still does not have ownership of the building and the folks who will be working the attraction are training (mostly in classrooms) but have not ridden the attraction themselves yet. My understanding is that one of the theaters is behind. The original plan was to be in soft opening by now but I wouldn't expect it until towards the end of the month. Once operations has the building everyone will need to be trained on the actual ride system and the show will need to be put through its paces before guests can ride. I expect you will see team member previews happen first and they haven't been announced yet.

On an unrelated note: I have it from a great authority that Universal has been testing a prototype of a virtual reality headset for the Mummy. They have been testing after park closing with a handful of team members. I am hearing the tests are going great and Universal may decide to go ahead and make the Mummy a VR Coaster.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As of today operations still does not have ownership of the building and the folks who will be working the attraction are training (mostly in classrooms) but have not ridden the attraction themselves yet. My understanding is that one of the theaters is behind. The original plan was to be in soft opening by now but I wouldn't expect it until towards the end of the month. Once operations has the building everyone will need to be trained on the actual ride system and the show will need to be put through its paces before guests can ride. I expect you will see team member previews happen first and they haven't been announced yet.

On an unrelated note: I have it from a great authority that Universal has been testing a prototype of a virtual reality headset for the Mummy. They have been testing after park closing with a handful of team members. I am hearing the tests are going great and Universal may decide to go ahead and make the Mummy a VR Coaster.
VR or augmented reality? I would HATE to see a great physical coaster like Mummy to be COMPLETELY overrun with VR, but I would be more than happy if it were more along the lines of the Google Glass type tech I think they were messing with a couple of years ago.
Not to mention, I think AR is the only way to do a Mario Kart attraction justice.

sjhym333

VR or augmented reality? I would HATE to see a great physical coaster like Mummy to be COMPLETELY overrun with VR, but I would be more than happy if it were more along the lines of the Google Glass type tech I think they were messing with a couple of years ago.
Not to mention, I think AR is the only way to do a Mario Kart attraction justice.
I honestly do not know. I wish I had more information about The Mummy. The person said VR but I cannot confirm that and they told me that the testing has been fairly secretive.

Tom Morrow

I strongly doubt that the plan would be to turn Mummy into a VR coaster and it's most likely a test for future implementation elsewhere.

If they actually do this to Mummy then I'll give up hope of them ever doing something creative that doesn't use screens again.

imperius

I strongly doubt that the plan would be to turn Mummy into a VR coaster and it's most likely a test for future implementation elsewhere.

If they actually do this to Mummy then I'll give up hope of them ever doing something creative that doesn't use screens again.
Except all of Nintendo, but hey.

VR coasters are dumb though. No need to inflate wait times for crappy VR.

Beita1974

Hello,
We will be in Orlando from April 3 to April 7 and would like to experience the new Jimmy Fallon attraction which date do you think will be the best (less crowded) to visit Universal?
If we want to be sure to ride the attraction we need to wait till inauguration day on April 6? April 7 the park close early for a grad event.
Thanks for your help, sorry I'm afraid my english is terrible.

imperius

It's officially opens the 6th so might be a busier day than normal. They will probably be doing softs up until that day so might be able to experience before the opening, but that's not a guarantee.

Beita1974

Thanks imperius for your response.
We will be travelling from south america, and really want to experience the new ride as we won't be returning to Orlando in the next years.
Do you think the best option is to go before April 6th to avoid the crowds and try to get softs up?

imperius

I honestly don't know how much crowds will be affected by the ride and with the new virtual line it might not be bad. Just need to get early and set your time.

Trusting softs is hard due to possibility of not running any that day.

JoeCamel

Well VIP previews are happening now. Like right now

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom