Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Jahona

Original Poster

mf1972

looks interesting. i was more impressed with the visuals. i enjoyed the previous movies, although i hope they improve over the last one

Magenta Panther

Original Pirates of the Caribbean star returns for latest sequel
http://moviehole.net/2016111485original-pirates-caribbean-star-returns-latest-sequel

Jeez...no reflection on Keira, but her character was such a pain. She's a conventional-at-the-time governor's daughter who suddenly knows how to swordfight and sail ships because equality (the worst moment was when a LEGIT lady captain gave a command and Keira's character echoed it immediately. SHUT UP ALREADY). If it had been shown in the first film that her father had indulged her desire to learn shipcraft and swordfighting, fine, but that was never established. I'm so glad she's not in this next Pirates film. The one after, though...sigh...hopefully she won't be as annoying. :p

Jahona

Original Poster
I still have no idea whats going on other than everyone is always searching for Captain Jack Sparrow. The guy seems to be the most important person in the world.

Although it's going to be a guilty pleasure and I'll be there opening weekend.

erasure fan1

I have been excited for this for a while but this trailer pushed me over. I did think it was a bit curious that at the 1:50 mark it says "final adventure". I was pretty sure they had a 6th movie planned. So is it Jacks final adventure? Or will we see the young jack like the beginning of the trailer for the next movie? Ahhhhhhhhhhh, can't wait!!!

Jahona

Original Poster
I have been excited for this for a while but this trailer pushed me over. I did think it was a bit curious that at the 1:50 mark it says "final adventure". I was pretty sure they had a 6th movie planned. So is it Jacks final adventure? Or will we see the young jack like the beginning of the trailer for the next movie? Ahhhhhhhhhhh, can't wait!!!

It was mentioned in interviews and on some of the press info that the 4th one was going to be the last movie. But a lot of the cast came out and said they would be interested in another movie so that's how this one started.

Princess Leia

The first couple of trailers did nothing for me.
The last one really captured the swashbuckling spirit that's been absent for a couple of films.
Really looking forward to it.
And I know the guy who portrays Young Jack Sparrow (well I know his brother more than him, but still), and I have been freaking out about this for a week.

WhatJaneSays

I feel like the only one that's getting more "meh?" about this movie the more I see. Yes it looks beautiful, but I'm in it for the characters and story. The 4th one was a massive let down. What we've gotten out of the story so far with PotC 5 seems like a retcon of Jack's background story (which is just a shame because it's really good and would have made a great movie on it's own).

Captain Barbossa

The first couple of trailers did nothing for me.
The last one really captured the swashbuckling spirit that's been absent for a couple of films.
Really looking forward to it.
And I know the guy who portrays Young Jack Sparrow (well I know his brother more than him, but still), and I have been freaking out about this for a week.
You know Johnny Depp's brother?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom