The Merch Alert Thread

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm more interested in the tightrope girl! Such a shame I didn't pick her up last week. I think my next purchase may be the replica entrance plaque that goes for a very reasonable $95 before discount.

If there is one discontinued item from the past I truly desire, it's the playset of the Disneyland Mansion from around the era they released those diecast vehicles and the monorail sets. It's mega charming and larger than the $400 miniature of the Mansion they sell. They should reissue it. I mean, they have the molds for all this stuff and they randomly bring back things from that era such as the hearse and action figures.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'm more interested in the tightrope girl! Such a shame I didn't pick her up last week. I think my next purchase may be the replica entrance plaque that goes for a very reasonable $95 before discount.

If there is one discontinued item from the past I truly desire, it's the playset of the Disneyland Mansion from around the era they released those diecast vehicles and the monorail sets. It's mega charming and larger than the $400 miniature of the Mansion they sell. They should reissue it. I mean, they have the molds for all this stuff and they randomly bring back things from that era such as the hearse and action figures.

Sweet! I need to check that out. For everything Pressler and co did wrong at the parks it does seem like they knew what they were doing when it comes to merchandise.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, that stuff came out at a time when Disney had a deal with Hasbro toy company. I remember the store opening in WDW Downtown Disney with all that stuff. I'm not sure if it can all be attributed to them, however. I do remember some really wild stuff, like a Micro Machines playset based on the Tomorrowland Speedway and all of those playsets, which even included WDW hotels.

George Lucas on a Bench

I found her!

16722608_10155911177248009_8758431884817258299_o.jpg

mikenatcity1

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we post pics of cool merch we see at the parks. Personally, I'm kind of picky when it comes to DL Merchandise. I don't like dates plastered all over things or holiday specific stuff. I'm typically drawn to the vintage looking stuff, old school posters, good books and attraction specific items . But that's just me. Everyone feel free to post stuff that you think is cool. A lot of us are at the parks often, but we re on this site pretty much everyday. So I figure we could use this thread to alert one another before the ebay scalpers buy everything up (No offense to any resident scalpers). We could also use this thread to share some of our favorite things we've acquired over the years.

This is one of the coolest things I' ve seen at the parks in a while. Mini Haunted Mansion stretching room portrait and not a bad price point at about $25 if you have an AP. It's super detailed and the image even has that canvas texture. All of the portraits were available except this one so I bought the lady on the head stone at Disneyana and bought this one online.

I've spent a year trying to get them and finally got the final one (tightrope girl). I had to find at WDW (according to multiple shops, this style is the least produced of the 4 and hardest to find, even on the apps/disneystore.com). I can't wait to display all 4!!!

And I love this thread :)

mickEblu

Original Poster
I've spent a year trying to get them and finally got the final one (tightrope girl). I had to find at WDW (according to multiple shops, this style is the least produced of the 4 and hardest to find, even on the apps/disneystore.com). I can't wait to display all 4!!!

And I love this thread :)

Hahah nice! I didn't even know they ve been around that long. I think they just started selling them at DLR like 2 months ago.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the thread :D

mickEblu

Original Poster
Has anyone heard or see anything regarding the POTC 50th anniversary merchandise? I'm guessing stuff should start showing up in the stores next month but the park blogs haven't mentioned it all.

westie

Disney was supposed to re-release those model kits and, all put together form a pirate ship. This was about 10 years ago. I'm a big time modeler. And the tight rope girl I saw 2 weeks ago in the art shop next to Lincoln on Main St.

mikenatcity1

Has anyone heard or see anything regarding the POTC 50th anniversary merchandise? I'm guessing stuff should start showing up in the stores next month but the park blogs haven't mentioned it all.

WELL...I could have been very wrong (I remember it being a very long time). I could be getting my DLR visits mixed up- either October 2015 or September 2016...I thought it was October 2015 because when I went back in September they only had a couple...again, I could be very wrong (I only saw them at the store next to Mr. Lincoln).

mickEblu

Original Poster
WELL...I could have been very wrong (I remember it being a very long time). I could be getting my DLR visits mixed up- either October 2015 or September 2016...I thought it was October 2015 because when I went back in September they only had a couple...again, I could be very wrong (I only saw them at the store next to Mr. Lincoln).

I think you may have quoted the wrong post. :) No matter where they came out they are very cool and I still need to get my hands on the the quicksand and dynamite portraits.

mickEblu

Original Poster
To add to the above, I consider myself lucky to have ridden the disaster known as Superstar limo. I went to DCA 1.0 in 2001 and it was so bad I didn't go back until 2010. In the meantime I went to Disneyland multiple times, taking family from out of town and I never once thought about taking them to DCA. It was almost like it didn't exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom