Magic Band 2.0 - When can AP holders request them

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Renewing and new AP are two different beasts. An AP renewal is active immediately when the original AP has expired. Thus the reason you can customize a band right away. I find it ridiculous that new AP owners cannot get a MB for their first visit. Seriously!!! I paid $2,648 for 3 passes and my only option is to "wait" or spend another $100 for bands.

We'll see where I get with my escalation to Guest Services. Since MBs are "sold" at many stores, even the colored ones, AP holders should be given a voucher to get the basic colored ones for free at a store or a value if they want to purchase a different one.

Tony the Tigger

Renewing and new AP are two different beasts. An AP renewal is active immediately when the original AP has expired. Thus the reason you can customize a band right away. I find it ridiculous that new AP owners cannot get a MB for their first visit. Seriously!!! I paid $2,648 for 3 passes and my only option is to "wait" or spend another $100 for bands.

We'll see where I get with my escalation to Guest Services. Since MBs are "sold" at many stores, even the colored ones, AP holders should be given a voucher to get the basic colored ones for free at a store or a value if they want to purchase a different one.

We just brought old ones. NBD. Then we got new ones the next time we stayed on property.

Nobody owes anyone a free anything.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Nobody owes anyone a free anything.

Its not getting something free. It is a pointless policy to make you order it online for free and have it delivered 2 weeks later. It serves no purpose not providing it when they have them right there anyway. Yes, they have boxes and boxes of them right there where you are activating them.

Tony the Tigger

Its not getting something free. It is a pointless policy to make you order it online for free and have it delivered 2 weeks later. It serves no purpose not providing it when they have them right there anyway. Yes, they have boxes and boxes of them right there where you are activating them.

With all due respect, you don't know what's pointless or not when it comes to their business. You don't know how to run their business.

Maybe the boxes and boxes they have there will cover what they need to sell for most of the day. Maybe they don't have room to store more for annual pass holders.

Maybe they want you to order it in advance to avoid that storage scenario. That would not be unrealistic or unreasonable. There is finite space in that area.

Maybe they want to encourage you to stay on property to get one sent to you in advance. That's entirely within their rights as a corporation.

21stamps

Do you have old ones?
With all due respect, you don't know what's pointless or not when it comes to their business. You don't know how to run their business.

Maybe the boxes and boxes they have there will cover what they need to sell for most of the day. Maybe they don't have room to store more for annual pass holders.

Maybe they want you to order it in advance to avoid that storage scenario. That would not be unrealistic or unreasonable. There is finite space in that area.

Maybe they want to encourage you to stay on property to get one sent to you in advance. That's entirely within their rights as a corporation.
Question-
Before our trip I received one of my Magic Bands (was sent 3- 2 of them bc of split reservation) in a yellow box that said "Passholder"....but my MDE says I still have to customize my passholder band.

Was mine just a glitch that I received it prior to my trip?

Tony the Tigger

Do you have old ones?

Question-
Before our trip I received one of my Magic Bands (was sent 3- 2 of them bc of split reservation) in a yellow box that said "Passholder"....but my MDE says I still have to customize my passholder band.

Was mine just a glitch that I received it prior to my trip?

I'm not sure. But it sounds like you would get another one for an upcoming trip? If you booked on property again, they'll send you a new one each time ( or you can refuse it.)

AndrewsJ

Well, I got off the phone with Disney Customer Service about Annual Passholders and Magicbands. The Disney policy is to treat Annual Passholders below regular ticket holders. The only way to get a MagicBand on your initial visit is to purchase one at the store for $25-$35+. I asked why and they had no real answer other than not wanting Guest Relations to have to activate passes. I then asked why not just provide a voucher at Guest Relations for AP holders to get a free Magic Band at one of the stores that sell them. A long silent pause of "wow, that would be logical" followed by "this is not how it works".

I have escalated the complaint and will reply when I hear more. I even asked the question of making a dummy reservation for 1 night, get the MagicBands in, then cancel the reservation after they arrive.

I am also looking into reactivating my old MagicBands, have the APs linked to those, and then seeing if the old MBs allow me to request new MBs.
Magicband prices start at $12.99

AndrewsJ

You do not need magic bands to schedule your FPs.

Who told you guys that you can't get your MBs? Have you logged into your MDE and checked if it said "customize"? Did you link them already?

Like I said, I received mine prior to first use. I also used old bands. It's not as complicated as needing to make fake reservations.
Depending on how far out your trip is, if you ordered too soon the battery could be weakened or dead. I let my pass lapse and just purchased a new one. I don't know how it has worked in the past but new AP's can customize bands after pass is activated. You can not get a gray band when you pick up your first pass. 21stamps I didn't mean to quote your post, this wasn't directed at you lol.

Aurora Aura

Hey Pal,
Getting the Gold AP, It listed as me able to get a MagicBand order, The pictures were still v1 for me.
Although, when the package does come in for the MagicBand,
I will gladly keep posted as if it's the 1.0 Band or the 2.0 Band.
I'm really excited to receive either or; But, I truly do hope it is the 2.0!

rogerrabbitfan9

Hey Pal,
Getting the Gold AP, It listed as me able to get a MagicBand order, The pictures were still v1 for me.
Although, when the package does come in for the MagicBand,
I will gladly keep posted as if it's the 1.0 Band or the 2.0 Band.
I'm really excited to receive either or; But, I truly do hope it is the 2.0!

Family recently ordered Magic Bands, both for pass renewals and for a trip in February. All 8(?) bands were new ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom