Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village (Room Upgrades???)

Rachel T

Original Poster
I am staying at Kidani Village the last week in January/first week in February in a standard view room, and I was wondering if AKL will upgrade you to a better view like other resorts during a period of low attendance.

In the past I have almost always received a free "upgrade" from a parking lot to a pool or garden view at Port Orleans, or a room closer to the monorail at the contemporary during the "off-season" but this is my first time staying at a DVC resort so I've got no idea what to expect!

If anyone has had an experience like this at AKL could you please share? Or any tips for first time at AKL in general would be much appreciated!

16 days until our vacation! (but who's counting)

JaxFLBear

Did you book on cash or DVC points?

If using DVC Points, they will not upgrade you unless there is a maintenance issue with your assigned room and there are no available rooms in the same booking category.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

If using DVC Points, they will not upgrade you unless there is a maintenance issue with your assigned room and there are no available rooms in the same booking category.

Agree we are owners now at AKV Kidani (since 2013) and when we book a standard view on points we have never been upgraded even for special occassions noted and at slower times. We always go at the non peak times and no such luck. Even when we book Savannah view we don't get our fave Sunset Savannah every time and get pembe instead with less animals. Kidani is our fave to stay at but staying on points it is very unlikely to ever get an upgrade. Even staying paying cash that we did many times before we bought DVC we never got any kind of upgrade. No biggy we love it regardless. :)

dis_adventures

I've heard of this happening to some people who stay at Jambo house. On our last trip, we had used our points for a savanna view (but we did not have a view what so ever, it was aweful) so we called the front desk and talked to them. They said they had no rooms available, and this was in one of the low seasons. Then after a few minutes they magically had a different room with an AMAZING view available for us. So I guess it never hurts to simply ask :)

DABIGCHEEZ

Not true ... we had reserved a 1 bedroom standard view at Kidani with points last year(we will never pay extra points for the savanna view). However at check-in we were given/upgraded to a savanna view 1 bedroom at Kidani. We never asked for it and nothing was said to us at check-in, so we were pleasantly surprised when we looked out the balcony.

JaxFLBear

Not true ... we had reserved a 1 bedroom standard view at Kidani with points last year(we will never pay extra points for the savanna view). However at check-in we were given/upgraded to a savanna view 1 bedroom at Kidani. We never asked for it and nothing was said to us at check-in, so we were pleasantly surprised when we looked out the balcony.

There are some standard view rooms at both Kidani Village & Jambo House that have a partial Savanna View.

dreamfinder

There are some standard view rooms at both Kidani Village & Jambo House that have a partial Savanna View.

Check out the Touring Plans room map for AKL. You will see that alot of the standard view rooms do overlook savanna is some way. They may be closer to pens, enclosures, overlook equipment, etc but still overlook savanna rather than pool or parking lot.

DABIGCHEEZ

Check out the Touring Plans room map for AKL. You will see that alot of the standard view rooms do overlook savanna is some way. They may be closer to pens, enclosures, overlook equipment, etc but still overlook savanna rather than pool or parking lot.

Dam and to think I went back and slipped the check in clerk a $50 for that"Upgrade" ;)

BTW... while not the best view, it was not bad at all. All the animals came by our room during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom