Amazon Food Delivery

RunnerEd

Original Poster
We are getting close to our March spring break visit to WDW staying at our home resort (VAKL). I saw that Amazon is offering grocery delivery in the Orlando area. Has anyone used this and, if so, what were your impressions? We usually just hit Publix right off property but Amazon may be more convenient.

reptar77

I haven't used Amazon yet but heard good things. Check out Instacart, they are serving Publix, Whole foods, and Costco. Instacart is awesome.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I haven't used Amazon yet but heard good things. Check out Instacart, they are serving Publix, Whole foods, and Costco. Instacart is awesome.
How much does this cost? We generally have reservations about every day but we've started having to fly in to Tampa instead of MCO because flights from Knoxville are just outrageous and my wife likes to stop and get water and little snacks and things for the room that we can stick in a bag and take with us. We generally stop at a Publix on the way to BLT to get that stuff and this might be handy if it's pretty affordable. I think my wife might usually get about 75-80 bucks worth of stuff. How much do you think it would cost for that? What Publix told me is just that instacart marks up the price of the groceries they are getting you.

reptar77

How much does this cost? We generally have reservations about every day but we've started having to fly in to Tampa instead of MCO because flights from Knoxville are just outrageous and my wife likes to stop and get water and little snacks and things for the room that we can stick in a bag and take with us. We generally stop at a Publix on the way to BLT to get that stuff and this might be handy if it's pretty affordable. I think my wife might usually get about 75-80 bucks worth of stuff. How much do you think it would cost for that? What Publix told me is just that instacart marks up the price of the groceries they are getting you.
Instacart pricing is averaged I would say. Somethings are cheaper and some are more expensive. You can download the app and see the pricing at the different stores.

dreamfinder

Amazon Prime Now! or Amazon Fresh? I used Prime Now! on our last trip to get a few items we forgot from our grocery delivery. Selection was limited, but no complaints about the service. They didn't have things like fresh fruit/veggies so we couldn't use it as our primary grocery order. I don't see Fresh as being available at WDW, but I only have one resort in my addresses, so maybe other resorts are eligible.

disneyincinci

I stayed at Pop and used amazon prime now for non perishable items. It was awesome! Make sure to time your delivery before 2:00 pm because even though you put your resort address it actually goes to the same place at disney resort and then disney delivers it to your resort around or after 2:00 pm. We checked in around noon my delivery wasn't there, but when we got back around 6ish it was on the table as soon as we opened the door. Very reliable. Your purchase just has to be over $20. There is also a promo code for $10 off your first order, 10PRIME NOW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom