Perfect place for recurring picture?

PenguinPrincess

Original Poster
Hello all! We are heading to WDW in 8 days, and this will be our first trip with our son (2.5). I love the idea of taking a family pic at a recognizable/iconic/memorable location and recreating the picture every time we go back throughout the years. I'd like something more unique than the Castle, "Ball," Tree, or whatever is passing as HS's icon these days, but it also needs to be something that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone have any good ideas? We are staying at WL...but who knows where we will stay in the future and don't want it to be a place that is too much of a trek to get to. Thanks for your help folks!

I am Timmy

Hello all! We are heading to WDW in 8 days, and this will be our first trip with our son (2.5). I love the idea of taking a family pic at a recognizable/iconic/memorable location and recreating the picture every time we go back throughout the years. I'd like something more unique than the Castle, "Ball," Tree, or whatever is passing as HS's icon these days, but it also needs to be something that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone have any good ideas? We are staying at WL...but who knows where we will stay in the future and don't want it to be a place that is too much of a trek to get to. Thanks for your help folks!
When we first started going with our sons (now 24,21) we went to Downtown Disney. There was a christmas scene with Mickey and Goofy on the left right after you get off the buses, and even though it was spring, and they had shorts on, I had them take a pic in there. That was the pic we chose for the xmas card that year. Well, EVERY trip since, I have had them both in there for a pic, regardless of the season. I love Christmas, and now I have all these pics over the years of my kids growing up with that scene. I think it might still be there , it was in Nov. 2015. If it's there, it will be in Marketplace behind the Disney Days of Christmas Store, by the bus stops. Just a thought!

DisneyDreamer08

IMG_4215.JPG
Maybe something you know will be there for a while like a carousel horse or ride vehicle? Or those tikis that spray water near Jungle Cruise? This Dumbo is permanently set up, could be cute :)

nickys

Premium Member
In no particular order I came up with the following:

1. Wait and try and work out what her favourite ride or attraction is, and use that

2. Pulling the sword from the stone

3. In front of the clock in IASW

4. I love the Dumbo one above, it's one of my favourite rides, mainly because youngest DS wanted to do nothing else on his first visit, and was prepared to wait in line over and over

5. At top of SFR treehouse with castle in background.

6. Choose one of the World Showcase photo spots e.g.: Italy or the model railway in Germany

7. At WL, in front of the Geyser, or inside somewhere. You can always revisit each time to recreate it, and remember her first visit.

You 'all have to come back and post the first photo wherever you decide! Have fun.

Smiley/OCD

We learned this on our first trip with the kids when they were young, and suggest this to everyone with a child on their first trip...when you are just outside MK, but not yet thru the train station tunnel, one parent goes in first and scopes out a good location...take a picture of your son's face and his expression the very moment he lays eyes on the castle...trust me, you will cherish that photo for the rest of your life!! Just caption it, "our son's FIRST taste of the magic"!!

DisneyDreamer08

We learned this on our first trip with the kids when they were young, and suggest this to everyone with a child on their first trip...when you are just outside MK, but not yet thru the train station tunnel, one parent goes in first and scopes out a good location...take a picture of your son's face and his expression the very moment he lays eyes on the castle...trust me, you will cherish that photo for the rest of your life!! Just caption it, "our son's FIRST taste of the magic"!!

We did this on our daughters first trip! My husband took a video on his phone so this is a screen grab. I'm so glad we have this memory forever :) It was a great moment.

IMG_4271.JPG

WDWDreamer4

There are phone booths in England in EPCOT that we do this with our son every year. My husband did it for fun the first time and now every year we have to get that shot of DS in the phone booth.
We also do the Sword in the Stone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom