Magic Express Luggage to different resort?

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We are staying at two different resorts during our trip. The first resort is just for one night and we won't arrive until after 7:00pm. The last time we did this our flight got delayed and we didn't arrive until after 10pm so our luggage was delayed until the following morning. Since we needed to transfer it to another resort it messed up our whole day and we missed an ADR the my kiddos had been looking forward to. Do you think it is possible to just send our luggage to our 2nd resort and pack an over night bag in our carry on? This way we would have to deal with the transfer? TIA.

DisneyJoe

We are staying at two different resorts during our trip. The first resort is just for one night and we won't arrive until after 7:00pm. The last time we did this our flight got delayed and we didn't arrive until after 10pm so our luggage was delayed until the following morning. Since we needed to transfer it to another resort it messed up our whole day and we missed an ADR the my kiddos had been looking forward to. Do you think it is possible to just send our luggage to our 2nd resort and pack an over night bag in our carry on? This way we would have to deal with the transfer? TIA.
Call DME directly and ask

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Your luggage will only be delivered to your first resort. If you end up delayed and don't get your luggage the first night, the Bell Services at the first resort should be able to transfer the luggage to the second resort so you don't have to wait for delivery and then organise the transfer.

Delayed luggage is one reason to always take necessities for an overnight as carry-on.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Unfortunately on our last trip they said we had to wait to "receive it" bell services wouldn't just send it on. I will just hope we can collect it. It's just difficult navigating an airport with 4 littles (6,4,4,1) and two adults plus luggage. We will have to make do though.

Your luggage will only be delivered to your first resort. If you end up delayed and don't get your luggage the first night, the Bell Services at the first resort should be able to transfer the luggage to the second resort so you don't have to wait for delivery and then organise the transfer.

Delayed luggage is one reason to always take necessities for an overnight as carry-on.
for

dreamfinder

Unfortunately on our last trip they said we had to wait to "receive it" bell services wouldn't just send it on. I will just hope we can collect it. It's just difficult navigating an airport with 4 littles (6,4,4,1) and two adults plus luggage. We will have to make do though.

Don't put the yellow tags on, and spend the few bucks and get one of the luggage carts. My best suggestion if you are worried about getting it.

Minnie Mum

Don't put the yellow tags on, and spend the few bucks and get one of the luggage carts. My best suggestion if you are worried about getting it.
Agree. But if this is still too much to handle, with all the kids, then get a porter to wrangle your bags. It would be worth the tip, and you'd definitely have all your stuff that first night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom