What do you use to carry things when running?

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Question is basically in the title. I'll be running the princess in February for the first time. I don't need much on me when I run just my phone and my inhaler in case of emergency but I don't want to carry a bag during the race

Mad Stitch

I have 2 running belts. A FlipBelt and Fitletic brands. I'd recommend either one and both will be at the runDisney expos if you want to look at them before you buy.

Texas84

Been using Fitletic and still have belts with the old iFitness brand. Currently using a 2-bottle water belt and a regular waist belt if I just need to carry IDs, cash, etc.

dreamfinder

My hands + shorts pocket. Far from being advisable, as it apparently messes with your stride a smidge, but it's what I've been doing lately. Your phone may be a bit big for most of the belts, or if it fits, you may find it to be annoying. I'd say go with an arm band for the phone. The belts mentioned are all great, but really tend to work better with smaller items like cash, keys, meds, etc.

Figment82

I use the iFitness/Fitletic belt with the double pouch and find it very comfortable. I also have running shorts with a zippered pocket on the back.

I'm envious of those who don't need to carry a lot with them - I feel like a kangaroo sometimes! I don't carry any drinks, but I do carry a ton of other stuff (phone, GU gel packs, glucose monitor, lancet, testing strips, glucose meter, and have my insulin pump clipped on the belt too). I always joke to myself how much faster I'd be without the 20 pounds of stuff clipped to my waist. Stupid pancreas :p

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I use a Flipbelt. The newer model has a large zippered pocket. I purchased bottles that fit in the slip pockets in my Flipbelt. You can find both the Flipbelts and bottles on Amazon. Just make sure to accurately measure your waist. Mine fits snugly around my waist and I don't even notice it...it holds my phone, ID, credit card, some cash and a bottle for long runs. I've worn it in every runDisney race I've participated in with no problems. And that includes the Princess, while also wearing a tutu....

mickeymatt

I like the spibelt. And they will be at the expo as well. I use the XL phone case made for the amphipod hydration belt system and slip it onto my spibelt for my phone and it allows me to use the spibelt pouch for nutrition etc.

lukacseven

There's so many spibelt-style race belts out there. I typically only carry 1-2 gels, some salt packs and my inhaler. I like the ones that double as race number belts, although these don't seem to be as common as they once were. Also, I wouldn't recommend using the side pockets of your running shorts for gels. I actually got a nasty gash on my leg from this - really dumb move.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sparkleskirts.com makes running capris and skirts with excellent pockets

I'm going to check out their site. I'd love a sparkle skirt for the Princess Half. I've decided my tutu and Flipbelt are just too much around my waist.

Sumrdog

I don't like extra items on my waist. I really love sparkle skirts. They are not to be confused with Team Sparkle they make cute stuff too, but they have no pockets.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don't like extra items on my waist. I really love sparkle skirts. They are not to be confused with Team Sparkle they make cute stuff too, but they have no pockets.

I just got my purple Sparkle Skirt in the mail today for the Princess next month. I found some running shorts similar to the Muddbusters, since Sparkle was completely out of them. Really like the pocket on each leg to carry some hand sanitizer wipes and a few Honey Zinger packs.

Sumrdog

I just got my purple Sparkle Skirt in the mail today for the Princess next month. I found some running shorts similar to the Muddbusters, since Sparkle was completely out of them. Really like the pocket on each leg to carry some hand sanitizer wipes and a few Honey Zinger packs.
Awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom