Should I get just two Fast Passes?

Gartdog

Original Poster
For Epcot, the second tier passes are not all that useful - maybe one for Spaceship Earth but the rest seem like things you can practically walk on. If I plan to park hop elsewhere that evening, what do you think about getting a tier 1 and tier 2 in Epcot, skipping the third, and then getting an earlier one for a different park that evening? Does this even work?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Get a third fp for EPCOT and you can get more after the time expires even if you don't use it. Sometimes walk on rides get lines so better safe than sorry

sjhym333

One of the things that I do at EPCOT to use up my 3 FP's quickly is: once I use my first FP I then go onto the app and move my next FP up to an earlier time since there are usually 2nd tier availability for many of the attractions. This way you can blow your 3 FP's quickly (most times within 90 mins) and then either park hop or try to get another tier 1 attraction.

Last edited:

drwadadli

The way it works is that you have to get 3 at the one park. If you don't use, no big deal but you can't get a FP+ at another park until you have used the first at the first park. When you get the third FP+ and even though you won't use it, make sure the time slot is prior to the time you leave Epcot. That way you will have no problem getting another FP+ when you get the other park.

Rob562

Another tactic if you know you'll only be using two FP+ in your first park is to make your 3rd *before* the other two (assuming you're not getting there at rope drop). It'll auto cancel at the end of the window, and once you use the others you can make your rolling 4th.

We typically do this at Epcot on trips when we're visiting the park multiple times over the trip. We know we'll want to sleep in, so we start the day with an Imagination or Nemo FP we won't need, knowing we're not really taking FP+ inventory away from attractions people might actually want/need.

-Rob

neoshinok

Another tactic if you know you'll only be using two FP+ in your first park is to make your 3rd *before* the other two (assuming you're not getting there at rope drop). It'll auto cancel at the end of the window, and once you use the others you can make your rolling 4th.

We typically do this at Epcot on trips when we're visiting the park multiple times over the trip. We know we'll want to sleep in, so we start the day with an Imagination or Nemo FP we won't need, knowing we're not really taking FP+ inventory away from attractions people might actually want/need.

-Rob

I gave this a shot at DHS yesterday but I think the app glitched. I had 3 FP selected, deleted my third, and added one for Frozen sing along in the morning (my "skip" FP). Even after the time slot passed and I used my remaining two, Frozen stayed on the app and it wouldn't let me book any more. Considered going to guest relations but I wasn't staying late anyways.

AndrewsJ

I gave this a shot at DHS yesterday but I think the app glitched. I had 3 FP selected, deleted my third, and added one for Frozen sing along in the morning (my "skip" FP). Even after the time slot passed and I used my remaining two, Frozen stayed on the app and it wouldn't let me book any more. Considered going to guest relations but I wasn't staying late anyways.
This happens to me everytime. If I don't use it, it never automatically cancels and drops off. Never has.

Dory71

We had the same problem when we went in December. 2 of our party missed a FP and so we could not schedule them for any additional ones. Would love to know the solution or what we did wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom