Pre-Trip The Tale of Two Trips

Well, I was going to wait at least a day to start this, but since some of you have been asking I have decided to start my PTR for my next trip(s) :)
As you can tell by the title I have 2 trips in my future, so I am going to semi-combine them in terms of the PTR, but will separate them by plans!

Trip numero 1:
Who?
From left to right my Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and me (Megan)
IMG_2946.JPG

When?

Saturday March 11 - Saturday March 18

Where?
I am happy to report we will be staying at the Polynesian! We stayed there briefly on our last trip, but did not get to spend a lot of time there so we are happy to be spending the entire week there! I was happy to get the AP discount again for this, but also it was made more affordable as you will find out in my next section
IMG_2376.JPG

Why?
For three years I have known I will be taking this trip because for three years I have known the practical part of my boards are in Kissimmee! How lucky is that! All of my fellow residents say it was destiny :) This is the reason the Poly is more affordable because I will get some of my trip paid for by the residency program (flights, part of a hotel, etc). I mean, should I be excited about taking my boards? No....but I am excited to go to Disney :) Originally I was going alone, but then we got the APs and I asked my Mom to come with me so that I could have someone help me study and so that I would not be stuck having to stay with someone else. Then, we asked Jill and she wanted to come as well ! My Dad kindly declined :) He likes Disney, but in small doses!

Trip numero 2
Who?
Back to the usual crew of my Mom and I
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7850793504.jpeg

When?
Saturday April 1 - Saturday April 8

Where?
The Wilderness Lodge :) When I originally booked this trip I booked POFQ, but WL was actually the same price, so why not!
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg

Why?
Well, I actually take my written boards on April 1 and thats also the start of my last vacation of residency. I am going to Punta Cana with my friends the second week of my vacation, but had nothing to do with my first. I was sitting on a plethora of Southwest points so knew I could get a free flight for my Mom and I so we started looking at all sorts of options. At first we thought...Disneyland or a Disney Cruise! But, then we kept coming back to the fact that we still have our APs and we could have one last AP trip so Disney World it is! Plus, the trip in March will be a little disjointed due to my boards so this will be a good one! We leave Saturday night since I take my boards that day and its an 8 hour exam (although historically it only takes me about 6 to take the exams).

In case anyone is confused by me talking about all these board exams they are because I am a resident in Family Medicine and in order to graduate from residency/be board certified I have 2 more tests to take :)

Next up: first trip plans

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Okay, we need to do a mother/daughter meet up in April!!! Those are our exact dates and Em and I are staying where you're supposed to be.....POFQ!!!

OMG!!! I just called my Mom and was like guess what!! And told her :) WE HAVE TO MEET UP! Like for real like this time, not like our usual run ins :) I loveeee POFQ, but couldn't resist the pull of a Deluxe

LisaBelle

You certainly don't disappoint your fellow Disney addicts! I am so excited that you have two new trips on the horizon and we have not just one, but TWO trip reports to look forward to :joyfull:.

I am super excited about this...
OMG!!! I just called my Mom and was like guess what!! And told her :) WE HAVE TO MEET UP! Like for real like this time, not like our usual run ins :) I loveeee POFQ, but couldn't resist the pull of a Deluxe

Glad you will have more time to spend at the Poly. It is a beautiful resort. My sister, Tina and I loved staying there. We were just talking about it the other night. Our mom isn't doing very well right now and we are both feeling sad :(. Tina was at home and feeling sad, so she pulled up the map of the Poly on her Disney app and for a few brief moments was transported back to the happiness, peace and tranquility there. I want to stay there again some day when I am on a longer trip and have a little more down time to relax and take it all in.

I LOVE Wilderness Lodge!! I will be very happy to read all about my Disney home. Of course, I'd be happier to be there in person, but I will just have to make do with reading your TR for now!

I am looking forward to reading about all the details. Good luck on your boards! I'm sure you will do great

AuburnBelle919

So excited to have two more upcoming trip reports to read!!
Also good luck on your boards-it's great that you get them over with before you finish residency. We didn't take our written board for anesthesiology until after finishing residency and then an oral exam a year later! It is the best feeling when you are done with those (probably deserving of another Disney trip).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
How exciting!!! I agree that it's destiny. :) So jealous of you getting to stay in TWO deluxes.. SOMEDAY!

I'm so jealous that you are moving to Florida! You are so brave! I feel like I could never move, I'm such a homebody ! haha Do you have a general date for when you move? My Birthday is in July (July 13) and I am considering going to Disney for my birthday depending on my job situation. I might even have to go alone if I can't convince someone else to go haha

Good luck with your boards! I wish your April trip was one week later...I might be there a couple of days at the end of that next week. I always miss wdwmagic folks! Darn :oops:

Ah man! We seem to always just miss each other :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love that you have two trips! Also love that you are going to Punta Cana :) My friend and I are also planning a trip there but probably the week after you, of course! :rolleyes: haha

Ah man! Its probably smart to go the week after since thats after spring break. I had to take my vacation then because my friends are also residents and are very limited when they can choose their vacation times :cool: Since I am chief resident I made the schedule and could take it whenever I wanted haha

Woohoo Another trip(s)! And good luck with your exams!

Thank you!!!! It will be a good reward for studying :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hope your exams and your trips go well.

Thank you so much :)

You certainly don't disappoint your fellow Disney addicts! I am so excited that you have two new trips on the horizon and we have not just one, but TWO trip reports to look forward to :joyfull:.
I am super excited about this...
Glad you will have more time to spend at the Poly. It is a beautiful resort. My sister, Tina and I loved staying there. We were just talking about it the other night. Our mom isn't doing very well right now and we are both feeling sad :(. Tina was at home and feeling sad, so she pulled up the map of the Poly on her Disney app and for a few brief moments was transported back to the happiness, peace and tranquility there. I want to stay there again some day when I am on a longer trip and have a little more down time to relax and take it all in.
I LOVE Wilderness Lodge!! I will be very happy to read all about my Disney home. Of course, I'd be happier to be there in person, but I will just have to make do with reading your TR for now!
I am looking forward to reading about all the details. Good luck on your boards! I'm sure you will do great

I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm currently on a rotation where I work in nursing homes and it literally breaks my heart all the time, so I can only imagine what it must be like to have an ailing parent :(
Sometimes the Disney bubble is so healing. When my Mom recently lost her cousin we spent some time looking through Disney pictures and it did make her feel a little better, if only for a few minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom