Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Jimmy Thick

What a disappointment, the Switch launch looks like a pending disaster unless you're a serious fanboi.

One premium title, Zelda which is a Wii U port and three shovelware.

A $300 price point? $80 controllers? On top of all that fail chances are Nintendo won't have a decent stock prepared for their launch.

Utterly disappointing.

Yet I preordered anyway...

Jimmy Thick- <----Fanboi yup.

Mike S

What a disappointment, the Switch launch looks like a pending disaster unless you're a serious fanboi.

One premium title, Zelda which is a Wii U port and three shovelware.

A $300 price point? $80 controllers? On top of all that fail chances are Nintendo won't have a decent stock prepared for their launch.

Utterly disappointing.

Yet I preordered anyway...

Jimmy Thick- <----Fanboi yup.
The launch does seem disappointing. The only reason I want it at launch is because it's probably the best way for me to make sure I have it for my California trip. I'm waiting to see what other games are launch window.

JustInTime

The launch does seem disappointing. The only reason I want it at launch is because it's probably the best way for me to make sure I have it for my California trip. I'm waiting to see what other games are launch window.
Literally everyone is ripping Nintendo to shreds. They are in big trouble. Heck, I still preordered it tho.

Mike S

Literally everyone is ripping Nintendo to shreds. They are in big trouble. Heck, I still preordered it tho.
They needed to show more western third party support than Skyrim which apparently isn't even the Special Edition version and won't be out till fall.

Mike S

I am worried. I want the Switch to be a huge success, but I'm worried they have already set the tone for failure.
I just made this point over on Orlando United.
For what it's worth some casual parents of two kids were convinced to preorder the Switch when they asked me and this other guy what we were waiting for and we explained what it was. If they can nail the actual TV marketing maybe this presentation would just be a bad memory like the PS3 reveal. What sold them seemed to be the hybrid functionality and that their two kids could each play with one of the Joy-Con controllers.

Also if this thing gets the real Pokémon games from here on out and not just spin-offs.
It's not all doom just yet.

BubbaQuest

Ug. They are just repeating themselves again :( So I can purchase a $300 console in March and not play Mario until December. Really the only game of importance at launch is a Zelda game I can just play on my Wii U. Expect 6 months of shovelware in between.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I think the Wii U is a great console, but I've been burned by their lack of games on the Gamecube and Wii and Wii U and not looking forward to doing it again.

P.S. And once again, no pro controller included.

Mike S

Ug. They are just repeating themselves again :( So I can purchase a $300 console in March and not play Mario until December. Really the only game of importance at launch is a Zelda game I can just play on my Wii U. Expect 6 months of shovelware in between.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I think the Wii U is a great console, but I've been burned by their lack of games on the Gamecube and Wii and Wii U and not looking forward to doing it again.

P.S. And once again, no pro controller included.
The game situation looks bleak but it is better than the Wii U's first year at least from Nintendo. I'm getting it at launch so I know I'll have it for my California trip this summer. Although I already have Mario Kart 8 the prospect of playing it on the plane might be too good to pass up and of course at D23 while waiting in lines. Also Zelda on the go. Yooka-Laylee is also a game I'm looking forward too as well as Shovel Knight which I didn't get on Wii U. I also realize those are indie games. As to the Pro Controller it does come with the Joy-Con grip in the package to make a standard looking controller so there's that for you.
Note the 3 hour battery life :(
Same as original 3DS and I lived with that. They also said it works with portable battery packs like you can connect a phone to.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I thought they were making an announcement about the theme park attractions coming to Orlando :(
The game situation looks bleak but it is better than the Wii U's first year at least from Nintendo. I'm getting it at launch so I know I'll have it for my California trip this summer. Although I already have Mario Kart 8 the prospect of playing it on the plane might be too good to pass up and of course at D23 while waiting in lines. Also Zelda on the go. Yooka-Laylee is also a game I'm looking forward too as well as Shovel Knight which I didn't get on Wii U. I also realize those are indie games. As to the Pro Controller it does come with the Joy-Con grip in the package to make a standard looking controller so there's that for you.

Same as original 3DS and I lived with that. They also said it works with portable battery packs like you can connect a phone to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom