Snacks - Best Values?

Lsumatt72

Original Poster
So I'm wanting to try some new snacks on my upcoming trip. I have the dining plan which obviously contains snacks but wanting to buy additional ones. What are some of yall's favorite snacks that are ALSO a great value?

I've heard the School Bread in Norway is a must, but what others due you get a lot of food for a little (I know, Disney does not equal a little money....)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So I'm wanting to try some new snacks on my upcoming trip. I have the dining plan which obviously contains snacks but wanting to buy additional ones. What are some of yall's favorite snacks that are ALSO a great value?

I've heard the School Bread in Norway is a must, but what others due you get a lot of food for a little (I know, Disney does not equal a little money....)
The school bread in Norway is awesome ( although sadly not as awsome as the local baked type)

ABQ

Speaking of Norway, and snacks. Though not a traditional snack, the little beer kiosk @ Norway has Voss bottled water available as a snack, when everywhere else seems to be limited to Dasani. Just saying that in terms of value, you're getting more for your snack point when retail prices are considered if you snag a bottle of Voss vs Dasani.

ToTBellHop

Speaking of Norway, and snacks. Though not a traditional snack, the little beer kiosk @ Norway has Voss bottled water available as a snack, when everywhere else seems to be limited to Dasani. Just saying that in terms of value, you're getting more for your snack point when retail prices are considered if you snag a bottle of Voss vs Dasani.
Is it made from troll tears?

Using a snack credit on water is a huge waste.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The wagu beef and spring rolls at Nomad Lounge are both excellent for the price, not cheap but a good value. Popcorn runs no more than what I pay at a theater and anything at Les Hailles :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

EvilQueen-T

I love love love the samosas with mango salsa from Mr. Kamal's at AK but there's a possibility they may be off the menu now :( My granddaughter is obsessed with the big pickles and for paying out of pocket it's a good bargain at less than $2.

carriebeth

if you are into Starbucks its a good snack credit value. YOu can get any size including the largest. Yes you can even add the extras like the extra shots and its included as snack credit. My family always ends up getting quite a few Frappacinos.

The caramel apples in Germany are a good high value snack. WIth or without nuts can be a snack credit even though on my last trip the one wtih nuts did not have a snack credit symbol next to it. I asked and they said they were snack credits. Also my daughter loves the caramel popcorn they make up fresh. NOt sure you want it? Ask for a sample.

If you go to Be our Guest at Lunch the desserts are a good snack credit use since counter service no longer includes snacks. I have tried all the cupcakes and they are good...not terrible oversweet versions. My favorite dessert item, however, is the chocolate cream puff...Love it.

If you want a non sweet snack in Epcot you can get a ham and cheese croissant in France for snack credit. If you want a lot of dessert choices that are different from a lot of the ordinary ones at other counter services, look into Sunshine Seasons.

Ice cream sundaes and the cookie sandwiches esp one Main Street are a big bang for your buck or snack credit.

THey no longer have cinnamon rolls at Main street bakery but they have them at Gaston's. THey are big and pretty good.

Lsumatt72

Original Poster
if you are into Starbucks its a good snack credit value. YOu can get any size including the largest. Yes you can even add the extras like the extra shots and its included as snack credit. My family always ends up getting quite a few Frappacinos.

The caramel apples in Germany are a good high value snack. WIth or without nuts can be a snack credit even though on my last trip the one wtih nuts did not have a snack credit symbol next to it. I asked and they said they were snack credits. Also my daughter loves the caramel popcorn they make up fresh. NOt sure you want it? Ask for a sample.

If you go to Be our Guest at Lunch the desserts are a good snack credit use since counter service no longer includes snacks. I have tried all the cupcakes and they are good...not terrible oversweet versions. My favorite dessert item, however, is the chocolate cream puff...Love it.

If you want a non sweet snack in Epcot you can get a ham and cheese croissant in France for snack credit. If you want a lot of dessert choices that are different from a lot of the ordinary ones at other counter services, look into Sunshine Seasons.

Ice cream sundaes and the cookie sandwiches esp one Main Street are a big bang for your buck or snack credit.

THey no longer have cinnamon rolls at Main street bakery but they have them at Gaston's. THey are big and pretty good.

Wow! Great info! Thanks

MySmallWorldof4

In addition to schoolbread in Norway, their cream filled horn is really good and preferred by my husband and 6 year old. And yes, anything at Les Halles in France is amazing! Love, love LOVE the creme brulee, and the pain chocolate.

Matt_Black

I personally think a counter service credit for most breakfasts is a waste.

Anyway, if you're going during one of the festivals, most of the food at the stands in Epcot counts as a snack credit, and those are excellent value.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is a source of a few delicious and good sized snacks. Sundaes and ice cream wedged between two big cookies always go down easy :)

I am Timmy

Do the oversized pretzels in the German Pavilion at Epcot still count as a snack on the plan? I just checked the Disney website, I couldn't find the info., but the price is over $9 now?! I always get one when we go, that price has gone way up. If it's no longer a snack on the plan, I'll have to pass on my next trip. If anyone knows, thanks for the info.!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom