working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning seeing snow and ice may be in my future today I started with LS 5 fast miles. I 'd have rather have done my yoga first but seeing I may not be able to get out it's easier for me to get my steps in first:hilarious: and do some yoga once I kick everybody out. Tonight's dinner falafel and hummus I was going to do one or the other but my dh "helped" and soaked 2 ponds of beans, cucumber, tomato and onion salad with evoo and a bit of red wine vinegar with fresh oregano, tangerine rice and a salad with romaine, olives, lemon and "feta":hungry:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I worked out yesterday. It was 78 minutes and it was a bit boring. :hungover: I like to do a longer workout every now and again. I made chili in my instant Pot last night. I've gotten so much use out of this thing. I think I used it four nights in a row last week. It is easily the best purchase I made last year.

It's 4 now and it supposed to get warmer as the week progresses.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I worked out yesterday. It was 78 minutes and it was a bit boring. :hungover: I like to do a longer workout every now and again. I made chili in my instant Pot last night. I've gotten so much use out of this thing. I think I used it four nights in a row last week. It is easily the best purchase I made last year.

It's 4 now and it supposed to get warmer as the week progresses.
Yikes it's warmer up by me:eek: That doesn't happen to often. I agree getting a pressure cooker has been a good investment:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Thanks. In reality, I have no real excuse for not insisting on getting this problem corrected, or at least looked at closer. Or, upping the insurance payout for my wife.

I don't want to keep beating a dead horse here, but my husband used to sound like a 777 taking off when he slept and he would stop for what seemed like minutes at a time. I wasn't sleeping because I felt like I had to monitor him all night to nudge him when the snoring stopped. He finally went in for a sleep study and was told he had sleep apnea, which we both suspected all along.

He has a CPAP now and there is no more snoring and he feels like he has more energy now, too. It might be worth looking to again.

epcotisbest

I don't want to keep beating a dead horse here, but my husband used to sound like a 777 taking off when he slept and he would stop for what seemed like minutes at a time. I wasn't sleeping because I felt like I had to monitor him all night to nudge him when the snoring stopped. He finally went in for a sleep study and was told he had sleep apnea, which we both suspected all along.

He has a CPAP now and there is no more snoring and he feels like he has more energy now, too. It might be worth looking to again.

Thank you. Yes, it is something I will look into further.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
When she called last night she told me she had some NY pizza at a place called Pizza Station in Chappaqua yesterday afternoon. Said it was good pizza, but not great. Now, what she was doing in Chappaqua, I don't know, maybe visiting Hill?

Haha, Chappaqua is the town on the other side of Briarcliff Manor. She should have come to Ossining Pizza for a great slice. ;)

If they want to go a little further into ritzy territory for dinner, I can recommend Peppino's Restaurant in Katonah. That's the town where Martha Stewart lives, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be).

epcotisbest

Haha, Chappaqua is the town on the other side of Briarcliff Manor. She should have come to Ossining Pizza for a great slice. ;)

If they want to go a little further into ritzy territory for dinner, I can recommend Peppino's Restaurant in Katonah. That's the town where Martha Stewart lives, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be).

Yeah, I don't think they care anything about ritzy territory, they just happened to be somewhere and spotted what they thought might be a local pizza spot to try.
She said this morning that the food at Edith Macy was pretty good. Today's and tomorrow's training sessions run all day with some breaks in between, then half day on Thursday, so they won't be going anywhere else until time to leave on Thursday.
If she winds up having some free time, and it is not looking good for that, I will let her know. Thanks for the recommendation. Nothing better than good info from a local when it comes to finding good places to eat.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

Small world I shoveled snow for one of Martha Stewart's moms neighbors when I was a kid. That was before she was famous.

epcotisbest

I made some wings to have while watching the game last night because wings just sorta go with college football.
Used Peri Peri Sauce for the wings and they were very good. The sauce has a nice zing to it without the heat being overpowering. More flavor than heat, which I liked. Only made a few, because if I had made a bunch, I would have just ate a bunch.

Peri Peri wings.jpg peri peri.jpg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
cardio day was a success. In addition to my LS this morning I spent some time doing sun salutations and then bundled up and did 4 miles one at a time(it's too cold and windy to be out for long) before the snow hit. My plans for today got cancelled so why not make the most of it:joyfull:

epcotisbest

cardio day was a success. In addition to my LS this morning I spent some time doing sun salutations and then bundled up and did 4 miles one at a time(it's too cold and windy to be out for long) before the snow hit. My plans for today got cancelled so why not make the most of it:joyfull:

I like your determination. Often when I go out when it is cold and windy, I hear the wind saying "It's too cold, go back in," to which I usually reply, "OK, you are right."

Goofyernmost

I wasn't trying to harangue you into doing something. I am sorry if it came across that way. I was just sharing my husband's experience and to lesser extent, mine. :)
I don't think he is taking it that way, but, since this is a kind of community here and people do seem to care about one another, a little "gentle" nagging might be just what the doctor ordered. I know that what you described might just as well have been me. How much better I felt after cannot be explained. I got renewed energy, felt so much better and rested, could drive for hours and never even feel tired. In fact, that is what enabled me to do my last 10 years of work life in the transportation (busing) business. I could never have done that without the Cpap. I still use it to this day and my nights are so much better that I don't even want to try and stop using it. My blood pressure this morning was 124/65. Before Cpap it once registered at 200/100. They wouldn't even let me move for over an hour to get it down a bit. (It wasn't all the Cpap, I did start on meds as well.) But I think it let me win the battle. It is so worth the hardship, the getting used to and the alleged hassle. I remember going in to get the machine "fitted" and telling a nurse there... "Well, there goes my love life". Her reply... "I don't know about you, but, I do that when I'm awake. This is for when you sleep." She was right.

epcotisbest

Got in a quick walk this evening. Made a couple of turkey burgers. They were a bit dry, but still OK.
It is warming up nicely and most of the snow and ice is gone except for in the shady areas. Forecast calls for temps in the 70s by Friday. Such is weather in the south in Winter. Snow, ice and single digit temps on Saturday, 70 the following Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom