What's everyones favorite airline?

prberk

It's funny how many of you are mentioning JetBlue. I remember when they were among the "cheap," "no-frills" airlines that were seen in the beginning as undercutting "legacy" airlines such as United, Delta, and American; and were perceived in the beginning by a lot of people as lesser in offerings and service, and potentially even "dangerous" in their slim approach to things. Many people would want the low-fare airlines, of which Jet Blue was considered one, to come to their cities not so that they would actually ride on them but so that the competition would drive the legacy airlines to lower their own prices in competition.

(At one point the Richmond airport here in Virginia actually issued statements asking people to actually ride on the discount airlines, Jet Blue and AirTran -- now Southwest, or risk losing them and the competitive pricing that they brought.)

But somewhere along the way it seems like the cheap young upstart has made the legacy seem a little tired and grumpy... and the opinions a little less "United" against it.

Goofyernmost

Actually, even as the low price airline they still had all the amenities that they have today. With the exception of different rates based on luggage. But, they from the first time I rode them, have been the most comfortable, one of the first to have in seat TV's, and a fairly good on time history. They have had a few glitches, but, when you do as many flights a day as they do, they are bound to have things happen. However, I have never had a bad flight with them.

The downside is that they are not the "lowest" price airline anymore. Competitive still but hardly economy. They can charge more now because of the reputation that the managed to achieve early on.

They do some weird things at times. Like when I lived in Vermont. They had, for a number of years, a non-stop from Burlington to Orlando. Loved, that flight. Traveling by myself was so much more economical then driving. Not just in time, which was significant, but cost as well. The reason was Burlington is about 75 miles from Montreal and they counted on a lot of Canadian travelers. They got them too. I had never been on that flight that wasn't completely booked. Yet, it is no more. Perhaps the airlines in Canada got more competitive due to it and by doing so eliminated the parking cost and that 150 mile round trip to the airport.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

It's interesting to hear all these great reviews of Jetblu. I always thought they were a cheap, no thrills, slightly unconfortable booking with them. But now I would not hesitate to book with them. The thing is, we live close to the USA hub for Delta, so all of our flights are out of Mpls/StPaul, and are more reasonable than the other airlines. Allegient is taking some of the Delta people away, but they fly out of small towns like Grand Forks, N. D.

WDW Monorail

I mentioned the new United Polaris product earlier. It turns out that Art Smith, who has a restaurant in Disney Springs, has created a menu for the Polaris lounges.

Seanual757

Gonna have to go with United pre-CO merger days as we has a great airline that has started to turn into the 2nd Walmart (Spirit being # 1) of the skies. As a former employee I still fly them all the time. As a former Chicago based pilot I have seen my airline turned upside down and not the Friendly Skies I used to know and love, because of 9/11 I was furloughed and never returned.

I have flown Delta the 2nd most since then ,and in my flying days American, Continental (meatball and after the meatball), Delta, Jetblue (not much), lot's of SWA , TWA, Eastern, Frontier 1 & 2, Reno Air, Braniff, US Airways, America West, National II, ValuJet, AirTran, Alaska, Hawaiian, Aloha, and Midway.

I have always been treated well on my former airline my last trip was back in October to Chicago on United a great trip no issues on our 737-900 and -800 up and back from Orlando.

A W Reezy

I'm a huge fan of Southwest. Customer service has always been exceptional. And unless they've changed within the last two years, you can pay an extra $10 or so and get "Early Bird" seating. This puts you in the first boarding group on the airplane. It's always worked well for me.

I have to say Virgin Atlantic.

At the beginning of lat year I decided it was time to beat my fear of flying, and attend the Flying without Fear course....

Long story short and in 2016 I completed 11 flight! I hadn't flow in 14 years prior to that!

Upon boarding my first long flight I informed the attendants of my situation. I was constantly checked on. And the pilot even came down and gave me some information and techniques!

I have flown with Virgin 4 times now and they are always made aware of my situation and I am always treated well

disney4life2008

Southwest is amazing. For everyone complaining about reserved seating is crazy to me.

American is the bottom of the barrel. They pack on all those people and you only get a cup to drink. They are efficient though.

Delta is amazing.

PineapplePrincess

We always fly Delta. I have their American Express card, so I get a $99 companion fare each year and one bag per person is free. They have convenient non stop flights to Orlando, so we never even consider any other airline.

steviej

my favorite is JetBlue. Their only drawback is they'll delay a flight if a single drop of rain falls

My worst experiences have been with Delta, beyond undependable. Wouldn't fly them if they were free

Goofyernmost

my favorite is JetBlue. Their only drawback is they'll delay a flight if a single drop of rain falls

My worst experiences have been with Delta, beyond undependable. Wouldn't fly them if they were free
Weird, I have never had a single delay with JetBlue. Multiple delays with other airlines.

Simba's Mom

Our only choice is between United and Southwest. No other airline comes to an airport within 100 miles of where we live. I much prefer Southwest, mostly because of the reliability of their schedule. United has changed flights and times too many times. DH used to be a premier frequent flier with them, so we flew them for the perks. Now that he's retired, though, we drive or use Southwest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom