Infinity Brainstorm

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@FigmentPigments

This popped up in my recommended for some reason -- it reminded me of our Steven Universe project last year where neither of us knew the show but still did it:p:D

It got me nostalgic to go find it :p-- I forgot how much we did for this:eek:

28419468921_a7569dba3e_b.jpg

Introduction
Universal Creative Press Statement:
July 24, 2018

On behalf of the design team here at Universal Creative, we are pleased to announce our newest attraction at Universal Studios Florida, set to open in 2021. Steven Universe is one of the more critically acclaimed animated shows on television, currently airing on Cartoon Network. Working with the development team on the show, and combining their imaginative enthusiasm with our theme park design, we are pleased to present Beach City to our guests in the new few years. The scenery of the animated show will come to life for guests to explore and experience for themselves. It is an ambitious endeavor, complete with an E-ticket attraction appropriately named "Steven Universe" ,and one that we hope will reach out to not only the Steven Universe fan-base, but also introduce novel guests to the artistically unique world as well.

Attraction Location
28442256881_09973ac385_b.jpg
On the eastern side of Universal Studios Florida sits a large expansion pad in the middle of the Simpsons mini-land and Men In Black: Alien Attack. This will be the location for the Steven Universe E-ticket attraction and Beach City as a whole.

As noted in the Press Statement from Universal Creative, this project will not be completed until the early 2020s, with Nintendo Land on the docket before it. Once Nintendo Land opens (replacing KidZone) in (estimated) 2019, work will begin on the Steven Universe attraction and surrounding landscape, which will be connected to both the segue from Krustyland, and a pathway from Nintendo Land - keeping the animation flow together in one area, enabling a more seamless transition between the eclectic areas.

Exterior/Interior Description
The exterior facade coming from the Krustyland pathway is a large 70 foot edition of the Crystal Temple, complete with all of the detail and design from the show, and including Steven's House as well (which begins the attraction queue)

From the Nintendo path, guests can walk around to the front of the Crystal Temple to board the attraction, or they can spend time in Beach City (which is where the attraction exits out to) with a variety of the shops, food areas, and games from the TV show.

The Interior of the Crystal Temple houses the queue on the first floor, as well as the attraction loading and unloading areas. The attraction is on 3 levels, and uses an adjacent show building for a variety of the scenes.

Attraction Description and Vehicles
Following in the vein of attractions such as Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean and Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain, Steven Universe will be a water-based dark ride with a thrill aspects of drops along the way.

The attraction is divided into 10 scenes, with 2 drops, the first being 20 ft and the second being 35 feet at a 32 degree angle. The thrills from the drops will be apparent, however the "gem" of the attraction is more in the scenery and landscapes, which, like Shanghai Pirates, uses a combination of projection screens and physical landscapes to tell the attraction's narrative.

For Steven Universe, while much of the attraction is based on characters and themes from the TV show, the attraction itself will be a unique story-line where you travel to Golden City, further expanding the world building of Steven Universe, and try and stop a morphed Gem Monster that was accidentally created and released from the Crystal Temple.
27879498973_95013a4baf_b.jpg

(Not to scale - for aesthetic purposes only. See description below)

The ride vehicles will be themed to elongated Pearlbots, as seen in the show. Each bot will seat 8 guests (4 rows of two) and will travel along the water based attraction throughout the variety of unique show scene landscapes. The ride vehicles themselves also have the ability to rotate around in the water, enabling the boats to travel forwards, turn to the sides, and in some cases, briefly go backwards, which enhances the attraction by making the ride experience more engaging and unpredictable.

Queue Description
28213336990_0754828092_b.jpg
First approaching from the main pathway meandering past Krustyland, guests walk under the entrance sign for the attraction, with the Express Pass entrance to their left. In the Stand-By line, you walk parallel with the Express Pass line to the attraction structure, themed after the elegant Crystal Temple and Beach House, one of the central locations in Steven Universe. Walking up to the Beach House, guests will immediately be an awe of the regally carved figure into the hillside.

The figure has eight arms, and while several of them are overgrown with the hillside grass and evolutionary decay of the ages, a keen eye can notice in the palm of the right hand, are Steven's clothes drying on a clothes line in the wind. This subtle reference to the show will give fans Steven Universe confidence that they will be immersed in the cartoon world, but also not overwhelm novel guests with niche-based main plot points.

27809512733_56a4c72d5d_b.jpg
Continuing up the walkway, guests enter through the front door of the house and into Steven’s living room. To the right is Steven’s bed and the couch. Eagle eyes guests will spot Steven’s Cheeseburger backpack, his ukulele, and the New Ninja Squad poster hanging on the wall. Next to the couch, someone has left open the closet door open allowing a peak.

(Easter Eggs: Steven’s action figures and Master of Ceremonies Bear Bear from “Future Vision”, the moon goddess statue and various board games seen from “The Test”)

The TV is a loop showing slips from Golf Quest Mini and the “secret” ending. A full scale Audio Animatronic Steven pops up from the elevated platform where his bed is and addresses everyone in the queue.

Steven: “Hey everyone!:D I’m so glad to could come. We’re gonna have a great time. I have a whole bunch of things we can do! We can play Kitchen Calamity or we can take the Crying Breakfast Friends quiz, or…”

He stops and looks around as if to just realize how many people there are.

“Gee, there sure are a lot of you. I don’t think I have enough games for all of us to play.” Mumbling to himself, “Um, what can we all do together?” His eyes light up into stars.

“Oh, oh! I know. I can show you the Temple. There’s lots to see in there. But you’ve gotta promise not to touch anything. Okay? Just go through the Temple Gate door in the other room. I’ll meet you there!”:)

Guests will head towards the Temple bypassing the kitchen with a picture of Steven and the Gems hanging on a nearby column. Someone has clipped three Fish Stew Pizza reward cards to the refrigerator, only one more until Steven and the Gems get a free pizza! In the next room, guests skirt the warp pad and enter through the Temple Gate doors that Steven left propped open. Looking over their shoulders, guests can see a large portrait of Rose Quartz hanging above the doorway to the house.

In the background you hear an electronic version of "We Are The Crystal Gems" as you walk up into the doorway.

Just around the corner, guests enter into Pearl’s Room. Scattered about the room are floating islands with water falls running over the edge. Draped around the water, rippling down the islands, are projection diamonds that make the guests feel as if they are in the unique animation design of Steven Universe. The golden tapestries above complete Pearl's Room in the Crystal Temple and create the backdrop for the scene.
27788800823_a2f805e665_b.jpg
As you walk in, an AA of Pearl is seen just finishing/starting her dance with the sword collection rising out of the water. The shadows of swords are seen surrounding her, and when Pearl notices the guests for the first time, the swords drop back into the water.
28367657165_b17b7147d6_b.jpg

Pearl: “Steven! Who are all these people?!o_O” Steven pops up from a different platform.

Steven: “These are my friends! I told you they were coming today.”

Pearl: “I understand that, Steven. But why are they in the Temple?:cautious:

Steven: “Gee, I’m sorry, Pearl:oops:. I just wanted to show how awesome the Temple and you guys were.”

Pearl (contrite): “It’s okay, Steven. So what did you want me show them? I could do my sword dance, or how about some spear techniques, or maybe they want to hear how a petal’s dance may seem improvised, but it’s actually being calculated in real time based off the physical properties of this planet….”

Steven (talking over Pearl’s rambling): “Uh, Pearl?”

Pearl is still rambling.

“Um, okay then we’ll just leave you to it.” (To the guests) “Come on, we can go see Amethyst’s room.”

Guest continue down the hallway following the river from Pearl’s room. The hallway is covered in luminescent blue, purple, and pink crystals that light up the circular hallway as you traverse down to the next section of the queue. The river is also floating overhead, a subtle nod to Season 1, Episode 4 (Together Breakfast) where Amethyst's room is first introduced as Steven is traveling with the together breakfast he made down the waterfall and river to her room.

As the river ends, it dumps as a waterfall into Amethyst’s Room.
28360031791_65e7216e21_b.jpg

The guest line will travel through Amethyst’s junk piles. Piles of junk surround the room but as you continue to walk further, the room’s backdrop reflects a giant projection screen on which Steven is already there calling out for the Purple Gem.

Steven: “Amethyst? Amethyst?:eek:

A purple cat pounces on Steven surprising him, and he falls backward onto the ground.

“Amethyst!”

Amethyst transforms from a purple cat to her humanoid form.

Amethyst: “Ha ha ha! I got you, Steven! Whatcha doing here?”

Steven: “Hey Amethyst. Come meet my new friends!:happy:

Amethyst looks at the guests and grins, flipping her hair over her shoulder: “Sup?” (Turning back to Steven) “Man, how did you get all these guys past Pearl?”

Steven: “Ohh:oops:, Pearl said it was okay.”

Amethyst (disbelieving): “She did?o_O” (Steven grins brightly up at her.)

Amethyst: “That’s awesome! Hey, hey! Let me show them my awesome collection." (She looks around at the junk.) “Well, let me find it first.” She dives into a pile and reappears in another pile.

Steven (seeing she’s going to be a while): “Okay, Amethyst. We’ll just come back once you find it. Come on guys, let’s look for Garnet.”

Guests leave through another tunnel lined in pink gemstones leading to a bright red room. The room is a combination of physical sets built to look like the Burning Room of the Crystal Temple, as well as projection screens to enable more fluid character dialogue and story telling throughout the queue without the limitation and cost of Audio-Animatronics. In addition, real bubbled gems seem to float over the guests’ heads at different levels. The middle of the room is taken up by a large pool of liquid fire.

Steven wanders in, calling for Garnet.

Steven: “Garnet? Gee, she’s usually here.” Garnet enters through another door.

Garnet: “Steven, what are you doing here?!:bored:

Steven: “I’m just showing my new friends--..”

Garnet (interrupting): “Steven, you need to leave, and take your friends with you. This is no place to play.”

Unbeknownst to either Garnet or Steven, one of the bubbled gems is drifting closer to Steven.

Steven: “Don’t worry, Garnet. They know not to touch anything.”

Suddenly, Pearl and Amethyst drop down from one of the puddles in the ceiling.

Pearl: “There you are, Steven. You should let your friends this far into the Temple. It’s not safe!”

Amethyst: “Ah, lay off, Pearl. It’s not like they’re going to break anything.:p

The bubbled gem is right next to Steven.

Steven: “Yeah, don’t worry guys. Nothing’s going to happen.”

Steven throws his arms wide, smacking the bubble causing it to burst and fall to the ground.

“Uh, oh.:cyclops:

In a flash of light, the gem transforms into a multi-finned eel like creature. It shrieks before slithering its way out the far door.
28409568656_21fcd9fc7e_b.jpg
Garnet: “It’s heading towards the warp pad!”

Pearl: “Quickly, after it!:eek:The three Gems race out the door after the gem monster.

Steven: “Uh..” Steven is stupefied before exclaiming with excitement. “This is great! You can help us capture the Gem monster. We can do it together.:D Hurry! Get to the warp pad!”

Steven runs out after the Gems.

Guests will exit to the next room where they will board their vehicles.

Ride Through (Scene by Scene)
Guests continue to the next room, where they will board redesigned Pearlbot vehicles. Although her original design was destroyed, Pearl has tinkered with the vehicle again. Gone are arms and legs, although Pearl has decided to leave the wheels for easy maneuvering.

28416184681_33152a1efe_b.jpg

Once boarded, the guests start down the track and turn a corner. Immediately, the guests see Steven and Gems (screen) on the warp pad being enveloped in a blue light and warp away. The vehicles start again, entering the warp tunnel. The tunnel is a large wrap around screen depicting the same bluish light of the warp pad. The Gems and Steven are traveling on the screens beside vehicles. Steven waves at the guests, and Pearl seems to notice the guests have come along.

Pearl: “Steven, what are they doing here?!:hungover:

Steven (grinning up at Pearl): “I thought they could help.”

Garnet: “That was very irresponsible of you, Steven.”

Amethyst folds here arms behind her head.

Amethyst, unconcerned: “Aw, let them come.:hilarious:

Steven: “You’ll see, Pearl. They’ll big a big help!”

The tunnel abruptly ends and the guests lightly splash into water and continue on the journey.

Scene 1 - Golden City
28201847010_9d56ec8609_b.jpg
Guests float through a life-like Golden City. While the facade and entrance to the city looks prosperous and bright, a deeper look into the underbelly of the city provides a different illustration.

Amethyst: "Hey this doesn't look too bad!"

Thunder and lighting flash and the scenery changes to a dark and dreary flooded city

Amethyst: "Oh...umm...:brb:"

Your boat floats through the flooded streets of the city, while broken fire hydrants continue to spill water into the street. The telephone poles are creaking ominously and some of the wires have snapped and spark. Behind the buildings on the screen, the Gems land on top of the building, weapons drawn. At the end of the street (screen) the gem monster is wrecking the street. It seems to be drawn to the power lines and is snacking on them. Every time it snags a power line, the monster grows in size.

Guests continue to float closer to the monster, passed the sparking power lines and damaged hydrants. The monster is still eating any electricity it can find, growing bigger until it’s nearly as big as a building.

Pearl: “We’ve got to stop that thing before it destroys more of the city!”

Amethyst: “Ooo, oo! Throw me!”

Garnet picks up Amethyst and hurls her at the monster at the end of the street. She hits it and the monster shrieks as it falls backward. A cloud of dust engulfs the guests.

Scene 2 - The Flood
28495358415_192b8c8369_b.jpg
The street turns left seeming away from the danger, passing by a less damaged section of the city. The power lines and other hydrants are still intact, but the hydrant at the end of the street shakes as if ready to burst. Suddenly the monster appears again (screen) with Amethyst’s whip wrapped around the creature, riding it like a bronco. As the monster thrashes, the hydrant rattles louder. Suddenly, the fire hydrant can’t hold any longer and a blast of water shoots at the guests’ vehicle. The water pushes the guests backwards moving rapidly through the flooded streets. The other hydrants also explode with water just missing the guests as they slide backwards.

Still moving backwards, they pass Pearl, Garnet, and Steven.

Pearl: “It’s controlling the water!”

Amythest: Oooh, to control the flood, we should build a moat, I could be...the crocodile!!:cool:

She transforms into a crocodile "*jazz hands*":D

Garnet: “No....":cyclops:

Pearl: "You always say you're going to be the crocodile, but you never commit!":banghead:

Suddenly, the vehicle rolls down a series of hills and lands again back in the water.

Scene 3 - Gem Monster

28474763066_0d7f94ccc3_b.jpg

Slowly, the boat begins to rotate around, only to find a huge AA of the Gem Monster leans over them, snapping its jaws. Amethyst still has it lassoed and is struggling to pull the monster away from the guests. The monster and Amethyst rock back and forth, the beast shrieking in rage.

Facing forward again, the guests see (on screen) that the monster has broken loose from Amethyst and is rushing away.

Steven: “It’s heading toward the warp pad again!”

Everyone dashes towards the pad, but it’s too late the monster has already warped away.

Garnet: “After it!”

Amethyst: I think we might have to mesh it up! :joyfull: Bigger! Better! Ohaaaaa....:eek:

The guests suddenly plunge down a hill into another warp tunnel. Watching on the screen as Steven and the Gems shoot ahead of them, guests continue to fall down the 20 foot drop, and splash back into the water.

Scene 4 - Galaxy Warp
28387764942_26c76fa06d_h.jpg
After touch down, guests find themselves at the Galaxy Warp. The water from the flooded streets of Golden City continues to flow throw the warp pad, keeping the guests floating. The room is shrouded in dark blues (screen), with the glittering of the other warp pads shining brightly, and the space backdrop luminescent as you approach closer. The surrounding pillars tower over the vehicles, and guests barely have time to notice Pearl attacking with monster with her spear before realizing that they are about to go over the edge of the platform into the sea below.

Steven, trying to get the other Gems’ attention, points to the guests: “Hey, we gotta help them!”

Pearl looks over her shoulder, distracted: “Wha..”o_O

The monster strikes Pearl across her body as she flies across the platform.

Steven: “Pearl!”:eek:

Garnet (rushing to Pearl): “Amethyst, grab them!”

Amethyst uses her whip to stop the guests from going over the falls. The vehicle stops with the front end hanging over the end. Slowly, as if Amethyst is using all her strength to keep the vehicle from falling, the guests are slowly inched back from the edge. The guests are pulled back until back on the platform.

Steven: “Look out, Amethyst! Amethyst shouts in pain and suddenly the guests are released and tumble over the side of the platform into the sea. After a slight soaking, the vehicle continues to circle the platform high above. The boat narrowly avoids the looming boulders protruding from the sea.

Scene 5 - Battling the Gem Monster

28424054121_0144e66397_b.jpg

The sound of fighting can be heard above, coming from the platform. Looking up, guests can catch glimpses of the fight taking place on top of the platform. Garnet’s gauntlets shoot out like rockets striking the monster in the face. The monster tumbles over the edge and plummets into the ocean not far from the where the guests are. A wave of water crashes in to the guests, rocking the Pearlbot.

Steven and the Gems peek over the edge.

Steven: “Wow, Garnet. You almost crushed them.”

Garnet (monotone): “Sorry.”:cyclops:

Pearl: “Where’s the monster?”

While everyone is looking up, the monster has submerged and is causing the water to move faster.

Amethyst: “Ahhhh It’s controlling the water again! Gosh water you doin'??”:hilarious:

Garnet: This isn't a time for jokes, quickly we must act!

The Pearlbot starts up a steep incline tunnel as the monster encircles the guests in water (screen). Through the water it looks as if the guests are rising out of the sea. The farther up the incline, the higher the guests rise above the Galaxy Warp. The Gems look on and Steven is in awe.

Scene 6 - The Drop
28402648092_a10c52464d_b.jpg
Near the top of the incline, with the guests still engulfed in the water, the monster swims by the vehicle blocking out the Gems and Steven. At the top of the hill, the creature shrieks again ready to attack, but Pearl’s spear deflects it away.

The creature falls, releasing the water (and the guests) from its control. The water and guests crash down in the ride’s longest and steepest drop. As the bottom of the drop speeds closer, guests hear the Garnet ordering everyone to activate the warp pad to save Steven’s friends.

The warp activates and the guests continue their fall into the warp tunnel, Steven and the Gems are seen on the left of the vehicle, but looking to the right is the monster still whole swimming ahead of the group.

The drop bottoms out into a spectacular wave of water soaking guests.

Scene 7 - Injectors
28380026962_b4d601c38d_b.jpg
After the splash down, guests find themselves in a dreary canyon. The rocky walls tower over the vehicles, and sky is dull gray. The only color are the red tops of the Injectors dotting the landscape.

Steven and the Gems stand frozen on the warp pad.

Pearl: “It’s a Kindergarten!”:eek:

Garnet: “Stay close, Steven.”

The gems crouch in fighting stances, ready to fight. The guests drift closer to a group of Injectors, even floating just under one that’s been damaged, lying on its side.

A shriek is heard followed by the crackling of electricity. One the Injectors just ahead (screen), lights up as sparks shoot up from the machine. The monster has wrapped itself around the Injector and using the energy it stole from Golden City to power the Injector. It lurches to life stumbling erratically, the ground seems to shake with each step, and the guests are right in its path.

Pearl: “We need to stop it before they’re crushed.”

Garnet: “We need to fuse together and form Alexandrite.”

Amethyst: “Yesssss...bigger..better!!”:joyfull::D

Scene 8 - Alexandrite
27868791744_24dc5e6618_b.jpg
Turning around the corner, (on screen) the guests see Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet joining hands and the room lights up in a brilliant white light. As the light fades away, the giant form of Alexandrite stands above the guests. Steven rushes over.

Steven: “You guys are a jet fusion?? Ahh:inlove::jawdrop:

Alexandrite roars and charges at the monster controlling the Injector. Steven hurries after her, waving his arms.

Steven: “Hey, wait up!”:cry:

The sounds of battle can be heard just around the next corner. As the Pearlbot turns the corner, a giant AA of Alexandrite is locked in battle against an AA of the Injector. Projected onto the machines chest, the gem monster can be seen wrapped around the body, electrical charges sparking off. Every time Alexandrite shoves the Injector into the canyon side, enormous rocks fall to the ground some even nearly crushing Steven and the guests. Steven has his shield over his head, but the pearlbot offers no protection for the guests. Each boulder sends a spout of water shooting up as it lands in the water near the floating vehicles.

But the real danger lies ahead. The pearlbot is heading right underneath the Injector. It massive drill is raising up and down, as if trying to gets its aging working. Right as the guests are just underneath the drill, the Injector groans the drill comes crashing down. Suddenly, a pink light covers the pearlbot. It’s Steven and his shield!

Steven: “Don’t worry! I got you!”:geek:

Steven strains against the drill until the guests pass by unharmed. Just behind, the monster shrieks again.

Scene 9 - Steven Saves the Day
27901473233_f686c88f3f_b.jpg
The noticeably smaller monster (now that its electrical energy is gone) leaps away from the machine, and the powerless Injector crashes on top of Alexandrite.

Steven: “Oh, no! It’s getting away!”

Alexandrite breaks apart. Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst struggle to get out from under the machine.

Garnet: “Don’t let it get to the warp pad!”

Steven follows the guests to the warp pad just in time to get between the monster and the warp pad. The pearlbot rotates sideways to face the monster with the gem pad behind the vehicle. The monster tries to dodge around the guests, but the pearlbot is always between the monster and its escape.

As the vehicle rotates to face the front, the monster leaps over the boat only for Steven to capture it in a bubble.

Steven: “That was…awesome!”:D

The Gems finally appear to congratulate Steven and the guests for capturing the monster.

Steven: “See? I told ya’ they could help.”

Pearl: “Ugh....You were right, Steven.”:oops:

Amethyst: “Yeah, haha... they did alright.”;)

Steven: “Does that mean my friends can come on the next mission too?”

Pearl: "Next mission?!"

Garnet (indulgent): “We’ll see. Let’s go home.”

Steven and the Gems warp away.

Scene 10 - Back Home

The Pearlbot follows the Gems into the warp tunnel. The water falls away, and the surroundings are glistening with bright lights as you travel through space in the warp tunnel back home to the Crystal Temple.

You can hear Pearl on the side waving to the guests as Steven continues:

Steven: We have to do that again!

Pearl: No no...it's over isn't it? Isn't it over?:oops:

Steven and the Gems then fly ahead of the guests in the tunnel, and Steven glances over his shoulder and waves.

The tunnel ends and guests appear back at the beach house. Steven and the Gems appear on the pad and wave to the guests.

Steven: “Thanks for helping, everyone. You can come along anytime.”:)

The vehicle pulls into the unloading dock.

U-Stor Self Storage - Exit Gift Shop
Upon exiting the ride, we arrive at Greg Universe's self storage. He's having a self storage sale and ready to clean up. Despite that, he still has some of his old memorabilia and classic pictures of him and Rose Quartz hanging up along the walls and episodes of his favorite old show playing on a small TV in the corner. It's also the One Stop Shop for everything Steven Universe, including exclusive merchandise that can only be found at the shop.

Exit Area and Beach City
28445333851_670e912471_b.jpg
After exiting the gift shop, guests enter Beach Citywalk. This mix of food and play helps guests feel as if they’ve stepped into Steven’s universe.

The first building guests encounter is The Big Donut store. The exterior is a replica of the one from the cartoon.

This sweet shop is home to Sadie and Lars, although they never seem to be on duty, but one of their co-workers will be glad to help guests out. Not only are the donuts from the cartoon available for purchase, but guests can head to the freezer to purchase a Lion Licker too. A brand new item has just arrived to the store, Cat Fingers. Be sure to pick some up before they’re gone.

Easter Eggs:
The refrigerator next to the Lion Lickers has a bottom shelf full of Sadie’s lunch sacks. An unplugged Cookie Cat fridge is on the counter with a sticker across the front SOLDOUT.

Across the street is Fish Stew Pizza, a quick service restaurant. Similar to The Big Donut the exterior and the interior emulate the cartoon version. Offering a variety of pizzas, salads, and breadsticks, guests can sit in this air conditioned restaurant and maybe start their own Beach City blog. Make sure to inquire about Fish Stew Pizza’s reward cards.

Next door to Fish Stew Pizza is the standalone snack stand, Beach Citywalk Fries. Guests can walk up and get an order of fries with various mix and match toppings. Like the cartoon, guests can get the famous Bits.

Directly across from Beach Citywalk Fries is Funland Arcade, owned by Mr. Smiley.

A separate fee, guests can not only experience classic arcade games, but also favorites from the show.

Games
Battlefrog
Chrono Panic 4
G.U.Y.S. dispenser
Jelly Jiggler
Meat Beat Mania
Punch Buddy
Race Rush
Road Killer
Skee Ball
Teens of Rage
Tsunami
Turbo Race
Whacker Man
Whacker Man Jr.

Easter Eggs:
Teens of Rage has a broken screen with a sign across the front: "Sorry, under repair”. Punch Buddy's screen is also cracked and the mannequin is missing. The sign states “Under Repair”

Cone ‘N Son is snack stand next to the Funland Arcade selling several flavors of ice cream with different topping available to be mixed in.

At the end of the Citywalk sits It’s A Wash. Greg Universe’s car wash has been turned into a water works playground. A steady stream of mist permeates the area to keep guests cool on those hot days. Greg’s van is stationed nearby and several songs like “Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart), “What Can I Do For You”, and “Comet” can be heard coming from the back.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Steven Universe has all you could ask for, with fun thrills for average park-goers and the heart and style for the die-hard fans. Hopefully, even though it's based on a cartoon, it will live on for generations. On behalf of Team Hightower, thank you for reading our presentation!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It got me nostalgic to go find it :p-- I forgot how much we did for this:eek:

28419468921_a7569dba3e_b.jpg

Introduction
Universal Creative Press Statement:
July 24, 2018

On behalf of the design team here at Universal Creative, we are pleased to announce our newest attraction at Universal Studios Florida, set to open in 2021. Steven Universe is one of the more critically acclaimed animated shows on television, currently airing on Cartoon Network. Working with the development team on the show, and combining their imaginative enthusiasm with our theme park design, we are pleased to present Beach City to our guests in the new few years. The scenery of the animated show will come to life for guests to explore and experience for themselves. It is an ambitious endeavor, complete with an E-ticket attraction appropriately named "Steven Universe" ,and one that we hope will reach out to not only the Steven Universe fan-base, but also introduce novel guests to the artistically unique world as well.

Attraction Location
28442256881_09973ac385_b.jpg
On the eastern side of Universal Studios Florida sits a large expansion pad in the middle of the Simpsons mini-land and Men In Black: Alien Attack. This will be the location for the Steven Universe E-ticket attraction and Beach City as a whole.

As noted in the Press Statement from Universal Creative, this project will not be completed until the early 2020s, with Nintendo Land on the docket before it. Once Nintendo Land opens (replacing KidZone) in (estimated) 2019, work will begin on the Steven Universe attraction and surrounding landscape, which will be connected to both the segue from Krustyland, and a pathway from Nintendo Land - keeping the animation flow together in one area, enabling a more seamless transition between the eclectic areas.

Exterior/Interior Description
The exterior facade coming from the Krustyland pathway is a large 70 foot edition of the Crystal Temple, complete with all of the detail and design from the show, and including Steven's House as well (which begins the attraction queue)

From the Nintendo path, guests can walk around to the front of the Crystal Temple to board the attraction, or they can spend time in Beach City (which is where the attraction exits out to) with a variety of the shops, food areas, and games from the TV show.

The Interior of the Crystal Temple houses the queue on the first floor, as well as the attraction loading and unloading areas. The attraction is on 3 levels, and uses an adjacent show building for a variety of the scenes.

Attraction Description and Vehicles
Following in the vein of attractions such as Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean and Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain, Steven Universe will be a water-based dark ride with a thrill aspects of drops along the way.

The attraction is divided into 10 scenes, with 2 drops, the first being 20 ft and the second being 35 feet at a 32 degree angle. The thrills from the drops will be apparent, however the "gem" of the attraction is more in the scenery and landscapes, which, like Shanghai Pirates, uses a combination of projection screens and physical landscapes to tell the attraction's narrative.

For Steven Universe, while much of the attraction is based on characters and themes from the TV show, the attraction itself will be a unique story-line where you travel to Golden City, further expanding the world building of Steven Universe, and try and stop a morphed Gem Monster that was accidentally created and released from the Crystal Temple.
27879498973_95013a4baf_b.jpg

(Not to scale - for aesthetic purposes only. See description below)

The ride vehicles will be themed to elongated Pearlbots, as seen in the show. Each bot will seat 8 guests (4 rows of two) and will travel along the water based attraction throughout the variety of unique show scene landscapes. The ride vehicles themselves also have the ability to rotate around in the water, enabling the boats to travel forwards, turn to the sides, and in some cases, briefly go backwards, which enhances the attraction by making the ride experience more engaging and unpredictable.

Queue Description
28213336990_0754828092_b.jpg
First approaching from the main pathway meandering past Krustyland, guests walk under the entrance sign for the attraction, with the Express Pass entrance to their left. In the Stand-By line, you walk parallel with the Express Pass line to the attraction structure, themed after the elegant Crystal Temple and Beach House, one of the central locations in Steven Universe. Walking up to the Beach House, guests will immediately be an awe of the regally carved figure into the hillside.

The figure has eight arms, and while several of them are overgrown with the hillside grass and evolutionary decay of the ages, a keen eye can notice in the palm of the right hand, are Steven's clothes drying on a clothes line in the wind. This subtle reference to the show will give fans Steven Universe confidence that they will be immersed in the cartoon world, but also not overwhelm novel guests with niche-based main plot points.

27809512733_56a4c72d5d_b.jpg
Continuing up the walkway, guests enter through the front door of the house and into Steven’s living room. To the right is Steven’s bed and the couch. Eagle eyes guests will spot Steven’s Cheeseburger backpack, his ukulele, and the New Ninja Squad poster hanging on the wall. Next to the couch, someone has left open the closet door open allowing a peak.

(Easter Eggs: Steven’s action figures and Master of Ceremonies Bear Bear from “Future Vision”, the moon goddess statue and various board games seen from “The Test”)

The TV is a loop showing slips from Golf Quest Mini and the “secret” ending. A full scale Audio Animatronic Steven pops up from the elevated platform where his bed is and addresses everyone in the queue.

Steven: “Hey everyone!:D I’m so glad to could come. We’re gonna have a great time. I have a whole bunch of things we can do! We can play Kitchen Calamity or we can take the Crying Breakfast Friends quiz, or…”

He stops and looks around as if to just realize how many people there are.

“Gee, there sure are a lot of you. I don’t think I have enough games for all of us to play.” Mumbling to himself, “Um, what can we all do together?” His eyes light up into stars.

“Oh, oh! I know. I can show you the Temple. There’s lots to see in there. But you’ve gotta promise not to touch anything. Okay? Just go through the Temple Gate door in the other room. I’ll meet you there!”:)

Guests will head towards the Temple bypassing the kitchen with a picture of Steven and the Gems hanging on a nearby column. Someone has clipped three Fish Stew Pizza reward cards to the refrigerator, only one more until Steven and the Gems get a free pizza! In the next room, guests skirt the warp pad and enter through the Temple Gate doors that Steven left propped open. Looking over their shoulders, guests can see a large portrait of Rose Quartz hanging above the doorway to the house.

In the background you hear an electronic version of "We Are The Crystal Gems" as you walk up into the doorway.

Just around the corner, guests enter into Pearl’s Room. Scattered about the room are floating islands with water falls running over the edge. Draped around the water, rippling down the islands, are projection diamonds that make the guests feel as if they are in the unique animation design of Steven Universe. The golden tapestries above complete Pearl's Room in the Crystal Temple and create the backdrop for the scene.
27788800823_a2f805e665_b.jpg
As you walk in, an AA of Pearl is seen just finishing/starting her dance with the sword collection rising out of the water. The shadows of swords are seen surrounding her, and when Pearl notices the guests for the first time, the swords drop back into the water.
28367657165_b17b7147d6_b.jpg

Pearl: “Steven! Who are all these people?!o_O” Steven pops up from a different platform.

Steven: “These are my friends! I told you they were coming today.”

Pearl: “I understand that, Steven. But why are they in the Temple?:cautious:

Steven: “Gee, I’m sorry, Pearl:oops:. I just wanted to show how awesome the Temple and you guys were.”

Pearl (contrite): “It’s okay, Steven. So what did you want me show them? I could do my sword dance, or how about some spear techniques, or maybe they want to hear how a petal’s dance may seem improvised, but it’s actually being calculated in real time based off the physical properties of this planet….”

Steven (talking over Pearl’s rambling): “Uh, Pearl?”

Pearl is still rambling.

“Um, okay then we’ll just leave you to it.” (To the guests) “Come on, we can go see Amethyst’s room.”

Guest continue down the hallway following the river from Pearl’s room. The hallway is covered in luminescent blue, purple, and pink crystals that light up the circular hallway as you traverse down to the next section of the queue. The river is also floating overhead, a subtle nod to Season 1, Episode 4 (Together Breakfast) where Amethyst's room is first introduced as Steven is traveling with the together breakfast he made down the waterfall and river to her room.

As the river ends, it dumps as a waterfall into Amethyst’s Room.
28360031791_65e7216e21_b.jpg

The guest line will travel through Amethyst’s junk piles. Piles of junk surround the room but as you continue to walk further, the room’s backdrop reflects a giant projection screen on which Steven is already there calling out for the Purple Gem.

Steven: “Amethyst? Amethyst?:eek:

A purple cat pounces on Steven surprising him, and he falls backward onto the ground.

“Amethyst!”

Amethyst transforms from a purple cat to her humanoid form.

Amethyst: “Ha ha ha! I got you, Steven! Whatcha doing here?”

Steven: “Hey Amethyst. Come meet my new friends!:happy:

Amethyst looks at the guests and grins, flipping her hair over her shoulder: “Sup?” (Turning back to Steven) “Man, how did you get all these guys past Pearl?”

Steven: “Ohh:oops:, Pearl said it was okay.”

Amethyst (disbelieving): “She did?o_O” (Steven grins brightly up at her.)

Amethyst: “That’s awesome! Hey, hey! Let me show them my awesome collection." (She looks around at the junk.) “Well, let me find it first.” She dives into a pile and reappears in another pile.

Steven (seeing she’s going to be a while): “Okay, Amethyst. We’ll just come back once you find it. Come on guys, let’s look for Garnet.”

Guests leave through another tunnel lined in pink gemstones leading to a bright red room. The room is a combination of physical sets built to look like the Burning Room of the Crystal Temple, as well as projection screens to enable more fluid character dialogue and story telling throughout the queue without the limitation and cost of Audio-Animatronics. In addition, real bubbled gems seem to float over the guests’ heads at different levels. The middle of the room is taken up by a large pool of liquid fire.

Steven wanders in, calling for Garnet.

Steven: “Garnet? Gee, she’s usually here.” Garnet enters through another door.

Garnet: “Steven, what are you doing here?!:bored:

Steven: “I’m just showing my new friends--..”

Garnet (interrupting): “Steven, you need to leave, and take your friends with you. This is no place to play.”

Unbeknownst to either Garnet or Steven, one of the bubbled gems is drifting closer to Steven.

Steven: “Don’t worry, Garnet. They know not to touch anything.”

Suddenly, Pearl and Amethyst drop down from one of the puddles in the ceiling.

Pearl: “There you are, Steven. You should let your friends this far into the Temple. It’s not safe!”

Amethyst: “Ah, lay off, Pearl. It’s not like they’re going to break anything.:p

The bubbled gem is right next to Steven.

Steven: “Yeah, don’t worry guys. Nothing’s going to happen.”

Steven throws his arms wide, smacking the bubble causing it to burst and fall to the ground.

“Uh, oh.:cyclops:

In a flash of light, the gem transforms into a multi-finned eel like creature. It shrieks before slithering its way out the far door.
28409568656_21fcd9fc7e_b.jpg
Garnet: “It’s heading towards the warp pad!”

Pearl: “Quickly, after it!:eek:The three Gems race out the door after the gem monster.

Steven: “Uh..” Steven is stupefied before exclaiming with excitement. “This is great! You can help us capture the Gem monster. We can do it together.:D Hurry! Get to the warp pad!”

Steven runs out after the Gems.

Guests will exit to the next room where they will board their vehicles.

Ride Through (Scene by Scene)
Guests continue to the next room, where they will board redesigned Pearlbot vehicles. Although her original design was destroyed, Pearl has tinkered with the vehicle again. Gone are arms and legs, although Pearl has decided to leave the wheels for easy maneuvering.

28416184681_33152a1efe_b.jpg

Once boarded, the guests start down the track and turn a corner. Immediately, the guests see Steven and Gems (screen) on the warp pad being enveloped in a blue light and warp away. The vehicles start again, entering the warp tunnel. The tunnel is a large wrap around screen depicting the same bluish light of the warp pad. The Gems and Steven are traveling on the screens beside vehicles. Steven waves at the guests, and Pearl seems to notice the guests have come along.

Pearl: “Steven, what are they doing here?!:hungover:

Steven (grinning up at Pearl): “I thought they could help.”

Garnet: “That was very irresponsible of you, Steven.”

Amethyst folds here arms behind her head.

Amethyst, unconcerned: “Aw, let them come.:hilarious:

Steven: “You’ll see, Pearl. They’ll big a big help!”

The tunnel abruptly ends and the guests lightly splash into water and continue on the journey.

Scene 1 - Golden City
28201847010_9d56ec8609_b.jpg
Guests float through a life-like Golden City. While the facade and entrance to the city looks prosperous and bright, a deeper look into the underbelly of the city provides a different illustration.

Amethyst: "Hey this doesn't look too bad!"

Thunder and lighting flash and the scenery changes to a dark and dreary flooded city

Amethyst: "Oh...umm...:brb:"

Your boat floats through the flooded streets of the city, while broken fire hydrants continue to spill water into the street. The telephone poles are creaking ominously and some of the wires have snapped and spark. Behind the buildings on the screen, the Gems land on top of the building, weapons drawn. At the end of the street (screen) the gem monster is wrecking the street. It seems to be drawn to the power lines and is snacking on them. Every time it snags a power line, the monster grows in size.

Guests continue to float closer to the monster, passed the sparking power lines and damaged hydrants. The monster is still eating any electricity it can find, growing bigger until it’s nearly as big as a building.

Pearl: “We’ve got to stop that thing before it destroys more of the city!”

Amethyst: “Ooo, oo! Throw me!”

Garnet picks up Amethyst and hurls her at the monster at the end of the street. She hits it and the monster shrieks as it falls backward. A cloud of dust engulfs the guests.

Scene 2 - The Flood
28495358415_192b8c8369_b.jpg
The street turns left seeming away from the danger, passing by a less damaged section of the city. The power lines and other hydrants are still intact, but the hydrant at the end of the street shakes as if ready to burst. Suddenly the monster appears again (screen) with Amethyst’s whip wrapped around the creature, riding it like a bronco. As the monster thrashes, the hydrant rattles louder. Suddenly, the fire hydrant can’t hold any longer and a blast of water shoots at the guests’ vehicle. The water pushes the guests backwards moving rapidly through the flooded streets. The other hydrants also explode with water just missing the guests as they slide backwards.

Still moving backwards, they pass Pearl, Garnet, and Steven.

Pearl: “It’s controlling the water!”

Amythest: Oooh, to control the flood, we should build a moat, I could be...the crocodile!!:cool:

She transforms into a crocodile "*jazz hands*":D

Garnet: “No....":cyclops:

Pearl: "You always say you're going to be the crocodile, but you never commit!":banghead:

Suddenly, the vehicle rolls down a series of hills and lands again back in the water.

Scene 3 - Gem Monster

28474763066_0d7f94ccc3_b.jpg

Slowly, the boat begins to rotate around, only to find a huge AA of the Gem Monster leans over them, snapping its jaws. Amethyst still has it lassoed and is struggling to pull the monster away from the guests. The monster and Amethyst rock back and forth, the beast shrieking in rage.

Facing forward again, the guests see (on screen) that the monster has broken loose from Amethyst and is rushing away.

Steven: “It’s heading toward the warp pad again!”

Everyone dashes towards the pad, but it’s too late the monster has already warped away.

Garnet: “After it!”

Amethyst: I think we might have to mesh it up! :joyfull: Bigger! Better! Ohaaaaa....:eek:

The guests suddenly plunge down a hill into another warp tunnel. Watching on the screen as Steven and the Gems shoot ahead of them, guests continue to fall down the 20 foot drop, and splash back into the water.

Scene 4 - Galaxy Warp
28387764942_26c76fa06d_h.jpg
After touch down, guests find themselves at the Galaxy Warp. The water from the flooded streets of Golden City continues to flow throw the warp pad, keeping the guests floating. The room is shrouded in dark blues (screen), with the glittering of the other warp pads shining brightly, and the space backdrop luminescent as you approach closer. The surrounding pillars tower over the vehicles, and guests barely have time to notice Pearl attacking with monster with her spear before realizing that they are about to go over the edge of the platform into the sea below.

Steven, trying to get the other Gems’ attention, points to the guests: “Hey, we gotta help them!”

Pearl looks over her shoulder, distracted: “Wha..”o_O

The monster strikes Pearl across her body as she flies across the platform.

Steven: “Pearl!”:eek:

Garnet (rushing to Pearl): “Amethyst, grab them!”

Amethyst uses her whip to stop the guests from going over the falls. The vehicle stops with the front end hanging over the end. Slowly, as if Amethyst is using all her strength to keep the vehicle from falling, the guests are slowly inched back from the edge. The guests are pulled back until back on the platform.

Steven: “Look out, Amethyst! Amethyst shouts in pain and suddenly the guests are released and tumble over the side of the platform into the sea. After a slight soaking, the vehicle continues to circle the platform high above. The boat narrowly avoids the looming boulders protruding from the sea.

Scene 5 - Battling the Gem Monster

28424054121_0144e66397_b.jpg

The sound of fighting can be heard above, coming from the platform. Looking up, guests can catch glimpses of the fight taking place on top of the platform. Garnet’s gauntlets shoot out like rockets striking the monster in the face. The monster tumbles over the edge and plummets into the ocean not far from the where the guests are. A wave of water crashes in to the guests, rocking the Pearlbot.

Steven and the Gems peek over the edge.

Steven: “Wow, Garnet. You almost crushed them.”

Garnet (monotone): “Sorry.”:cyclops:

Pearl: “Where’s the monster?”

While everyone is looking up, the monster has submerged and is causing the water to move faster.

Amethyst: “Ahhhh It’s controlling the water again! Gosh water you doin'??”:hilarious:

Garnet: This isn't a time for jokes, quickly we must act!

The Pearlbot starts up a steep incline tunnel as the monster encircles the guests in water (screen). Through the water it looks as if the guests are rising out of the sea. The farther up the incline, the higher the guests rise above the Galaxy Warp. The Gems look on and Steven is in awe.

Scene 6 - The Drop
28402648092_a10c52464d_b.jpg
Near the top of the incline, with the guests still engulfed in the water, the monster swims by the vehicle blocking out the Gems and Steven. At the top of the hill, the creature shrieks again ready to attack, but Pearl’s spear deflects it away.

The creature falls, releasing the water (and the guests) from its control. The water and guests crash down in the ride’s longest and steepest drop. As the bottom of the drop speeds closer, guests hear the Garnet ordering everyone to activate the warp pad to save Steven’s friends.

The warp activates and the guests continue their fall into the warp tunnel, Steven and the Gems are seen on the left of the vehicle, but looking to the right is the monster still whole swimming ahead of the group.

The drop bottoms out into a spectacular wave of water soaking guests.

Scene 7 - Injectors
28380026962_b4d601c38d_b.jpg
After the splash down, guests find themselves in a dreary canyon. The rocky walls tower over the vehicles, and sky is dull gray. The only color are the red tops of the Injectors dotting the landscape.

Steven and the Gems stand frozen on the warp pad.

Pearl: “It’s a Kindergarten!”:eek:

Garnet: “Stay close, Steven.”

The gems crouch in fighting stances, ready to fight. The guests drift closer to a group of Injectors, even floating just under one that’s been damaged, lying on its side.

A shriek is heard followed by the crackling of electricity. One the Injectors just ahead (screen), lights up as sparks shoot up from the machine. The monster has wrapped itself around the Injector and using the energy it stole from Golden City to power the Injector. It lurches to life stumbling erratically, the ground seems to shake with each step, and the guests are right in its path.

Pearl: “We need to stop it before they’re crushed.”

Garnet: “We need to fuse together and form Alexandrite.”

Amethyst: “Yesssss...bigger..better!!”:joyfull::D

Scene 8 - Alexandrite
27868791744_24dc5e6618_b.jpg
Turning around the corner, (on screen) the guests see Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet joining hands and the room lights up in a brilliant white light. As the light fades away, the giant form of Alexandrite stands above the guests. Steven rushes over.

Steven: “You guys are a jet fusion?? Ahh:inlove::jawdrop:

Alexandrite roars and charges at the monster controlling the Injector. Steven hurries after her, waving his arms.

Steven: “Hey, wait up!”:cry:

The sounds of battle can be heard just around the next corner. As the Pearlbot turns the corner, a giant AA of Alexandrite is locked in battle against an AA of the Injector. Projected onto the machines chest, the gem monster can be seen wrapped around the body, electrical charges sparking off. Every time Alexandrite shoves the Injector into the canyon side, enormous rocks fall to the ground some even nearly crushing Steven and the guests. Steven has his shield over his head, but the pearlbot offers no protection for the guests. Each boulder sends a spout of water shooting up as it lands in the water near the floating vehicles.

But the real danger lies ahead. The pearlbot is heading right underneath the Injector. It massive drill is raising up and down, as if trying to gets its aging working. Right as the guests are just underneath the drill, the Injector groans the drill comes crashing down. Suddenly, a pink light covers the pearlbot. It’s Steven and his shield!

Steven: “Don’t worry! I got you!”:geek:

Steven strains against the drill until the guests pass by unharmed. Just behind, the monster shrieks again.

Scene 9 - Steven Saves the Day
27901473233_f686c88f3f_b.jpg
The noticeably smaller monster (now that its electrical energy is gone) leaps away from the machine, and the powerless Injector crashes on top of Alexandrite.

Steven: “Oh, no! It’s getting away!”

Alexandrite breaks apart. Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst struggle to get out from under the machine.

Garnet: “Don’t let it get to the warp pad!”

Steven follows the guests to the warp pad just in time to get between the monster and the warp pad. The pearlbot rotates sideways to face the monster with the gem pad behind the vehicle. The monster tries to dodge around the guests, but the pearlbot is always between the monster and its escape.

As the vehicle rotates to face the front, the monster leaps over the boat only for Steven to capture it in a bubble.

Steven: “That was…awesome!”:D

The Gems finally appear to congratulate Steven and the guests for capturing the monster.

Steven: “See? I told ya’ they could help.”

Pearl: “Ugh....You were right, Steven.”:oops:

Amethyst: “Yeah, haha... they did alright.”;)

Steven: “Does that mean my friends can come on the next mission too?”

Pearl: "Next mission?!"

Garnet (indulgent): “We’ll see. Let’s go home.”

Steven and the Gems warp away.

Scene 10 - Back Home

The Pearlbot follows the Gems into the warp tunnel. The water falls away, and the surroundings are glistening with bright lights as you travel through space in the warp tunnel back home to the Crystal Temple.

You can hear Pearl on the side waving to the guests as Steven continues:

Steven: We have to do that again!

Pearl: No no...it's over isn't it? Isn't it over?:oops:

Steven and the Gems then fly ahead of the guests in the tunnel, and Steven glances over his shoulder and waves.

The tunnel ends and guests appear back at the beach house. Steven and the Gems appear on the pad and wave to the guests.

Steven: “Thanks for helping, everyone. You can come along anytime.”:)

The vehicle pulls into the unloading dock.

U-Stor Self Storage - Exit Gift Shop
Upon exiting the ride, we arrive at Greg Universe's self storage. He's having a self storage sale and ready to clean up. Despite that, he still has some of his old memorabilia and classic pictures of him and Rose Quartz hanging up along the walls and episodes of his favorite old show playing on a small TV in the corner. It's also the One Stop Shop for everything Steven Universe, including exclusive merchandise that can only be found at the shop.

Exit Area and Beach City
28445333851_670e912471_b.jpg
After exiting the gift shop, guests enter Beach Citywalk. This mix of food and play helps guests feel as if they’ve stepped into Steven’s universe.

The first building guests encounter is The Big Donut store. The exterior is a replica of the one from the cartoon.

This sweet shop is home to Sadie and Lars, although they never seem to be on duty, but one of their co-workers will be glad to help guests out. Not only are the donuts from the cartoon available for purchase, but guests can head to the freezer to purchase a Lion Licker too. A brand new item has just arrived to the store, Cat Fingers. Be sure to pick some up before they’re gone.

Easter Eggs:
The refrigerator next to the Lion Lickers has a bottom shelf full of Sadie’s lunch sacks. An unplugged Cookie Cat fridge is on the counter with a sticker across the front SOLDOUT.

Across the street is Fish Stew Pizza, a quick service restaurant. Similar to The Big Donut the exterior and the interior emulate the cartoon version. Offering a variety of pizzas, salads, and breadsticks, guests can sit in this air conditioned restaurant and maybe start their own Beach City blog. Make sure to inquire about Fish Stew Pizza’s reward cards.

Next door to Fish Stew Pizza is the standalone snack stand, Beach Citywalk Fries. Guests can walk up and get an order of fries with various mix and match toppings. Like the cartoon, guests can get the famous Bits.

Directly across from Beach Citywalk Fries is Funland Arcade, owned by Mr. Smiley.

A separate fee, guests can not only experience classic arcade games, but also favorites from the show.

Games
Battlefrog
Chrono Panic 4
G.U.Y.S. dispenser
Jelly Jiggler
Meat Beat Mania
Punch Buddy
Race Rush
Road Killer
Skee Ball
Teens of Rage
Tsunami
Turbo Race
Whacker Man
Whacker Man Jr.

Easter Eggs:
Teens of Rage has a broken screen with a sign across the front: "Sorry, under repair”. Punch Buddy's screen is also cracked and the mannequin is missing. The sign states “Under Repair”

Cone ‘N Son is snack stand next to the Funland Arcade selling several flavors of ice cream with different topping available to be mixed in.

At the end of the Citywalk sits It’s A Wash. Greg Universe’s car wash has been turned into a water works playground. A steady stream of mist permeates the area to keep guests cool on those hot days. Greg’s van is stationed nearby and several songs like “Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart), “What Can I Do For You”, and “Comet” can be heard coming from the back.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Steven Universe has all you could ask for, with fun thrills for average park-goers and the heart and style for the die-hard fans. Hopefully, even though it's based on a cartoon, it will live on for generations. On behalf of Team Hightower, thank you for reading our presentation!

I love this!!! I'm a huge steven Universe fan! I'd love this! It's definitely in my top 5 shows right now.

TheOriginalTiki

That project is a really good example of the type of outside the box thinking and team work I love to see in Imagineering comps. It's the reason why I always work in a few somewhat niche IPs into each SYWTBAI season in spite of some of those projects working better than others *cough* Walking Dead *cough* ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
That project is a really good example of the type of outside the box thinking and team work I love to see in Imagineering comps. It's the reason why I always work in a few somewhat niche IPs into each SYWTBAI season in spite of some of those projects working better than others *cough* Walking Dead *cough* ;)
The timing of that one also played a factor i think too iirc

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thats awesome lol. I was thinking of doing a prompt like that in the One Sentence Comp. Partly because I want an excuse to do a write up for Bojack Horseman's Hollywoo Adventure as an example lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom