The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Thank god they fixed the effects of PhillarMagic, when I went in November the spotlights and 3D where the only things working right.

My question is : When I went on SPlash Mountain the two vultures were broken down, and the audio turned off. Do you do if it has since been fixed?
Another one is : In the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train the interactive queue specifically the water fountain kinda thing was that fixed?

I read it was due to the effect rarely working, and it was just easier to turn it off.

That's a pity in November it was working just fine.
Both vultures were working as well as the audio and the music thankfully.

Can't say for SDMT because I went on it twice both by FP+

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
How was SeaWorld?
It was epic. Largest wait was 5 minutes:eek::cool::p

Rode Mako 5 times: Front, back, and 3 times on the 3rd row:D.

Antarctica was down (not really a big deal it's not that great), but we were able to still see the penguin exhibit which is honestly mind-boggling. Honestly one of the best things in Orlando.

Journey to Atlantis was closed for its annual returb and I chickened out on Kraken.

Disney Dad 3000

Hopefully seeing it Monday:oops::happy:

Was it good?

Very. I did my best to avoid any reviews, etc last few weeks.
I was worried at first, as I'll be honest I thought the beginning was not great. But after it being over, looking back, I feel like it continually got better and better and better. For me, it completely changed my perspective on Episode IV. We can chat more about it after you see it, but I think I liked it so much more than FA.

spacemt354

Chili's
It was epic. Largest wait was 5 minutes:eek::cool::p

Rode Mako 5 times: Front, back, and 3 times on the 3rd row:D.

Antarctica was down (not really a big deal it's not that great), but we were able to still see the penguin exhibit which is honestly mind-boggling. Honestly one of the best things in Orlando.

Journey to Atlantis was closed for its annual returb and I chickened out on Kraken.
Kraken has too many loops for me so I can understand that.

How was Mako - can you compare it to another coaster?

spacemt354

Chili's
I was worried at first, as I'll be honest I thought the beginning was not great. But after it being over, looking back, I feel like it continually got better and better and better. For me, it completely changed my perspective on Episode IV. We can chat more about it after you see it, but I think I liked it so much more than FA.
This was my take too...

I didn't like the exclusion of a certain something at the beginning of films in this franchise...and I also thought the logo was made in iMovie.

But the last 45 mins-hour is some of the best Star Wars entertainment ever to me....even down to the final minutes.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Kraken has too many loops for me so I can understand that.

How was Mako - can you compare it to another coaster?
Haha yeah. I love coasters, but I'm more into curves than loops:confused:.

Mako is fascinating. The speeds, curves and of course only a lap-bar make for a terrifying yet super enjoyable ride.

I guess it's sort of like Big Thunder Mountain on extreme steroids. The air-time really feels like you are about to fly out of your seat. I'll give a longer report when I get back home tomorrow (or in the coming week).

tcool123

I just watched it my third time, K2 still gets some laughs, and the scene in Jedha city is still fun. But by the time they get to Yavin, it just drags on and on. I honestly forgot about the entire middle portion of the film, and thought that we were going straight to Scariff. Then we get to Scariff, and I become happy as that's the most enjoyable portion of the movie.

tcool123

On a non Star Wars non theme park post....

I finally saw all the Harry Potter film, and I decided to post tcool's Opinion Based Wizarding World movies.
  1. Order of the Phoenix (LUNA!!! :joyfull::joyfull:)
  2. Goblet of Fire
  3. Chamber of Secrets
  4. Deathly Hallows Part 2
  5. Sorcerer's Stone
  6. Halfblood Prince
  7. Prisoner of Azkaban
  8. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  9. Deathly Hallows Part 1
Halfblood was kinda meh towards the end, and 7 - 8 were just boring/unlikable for me. Azkaban's saving grace is everything before the time travelling.

spacemt354

Chili's

I finally saw all the Harry Potter film, and I decided to post tcool's Opinion Based Wizarding World movies.
  2. Goblet of Fire
  3. Chamber of Secrets
  5. Sorcerer's Stone
  6. Halfblood Prince
  7. Prisoner of Azkaban
Halfblood was kinda meh towards the end, and 7 - 8 were just boring/unlikable for me. Azkaban's saving grace is everything before the time travelling.
Oh so I'm not the only one that thinks Prisoner of Azkaban is overrated (and Chamber of Secrets is underrated):bookworm:

Suchomimus

overrated underrated
45847930.jpg

Though I don't see where the notion that the Prisoner of Azkaban is the "best" Harry Potter movie because that's where the movies start falling out as adaptations.

spacemt354

Chili's
I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts but...

1. Chamber of Secrets (the most authentic to the book, imo - others took film liberties and/or left big stuff out) I don't get the hate?
2. Sorcerer's Stone (John Williams music)
3. Goblet of Fire (pretty solid)
4. Deathly Hallows Part 2 (ending was different...but was actually kinda good)
5. Prisoner of Azkaban (still good -- but really overrated...missed a whole Quidditch battle against Ravenclaw which was a whole dang chapter in the book)
6. Order of the Phoenix (the least authentic to the book, imo:oops: -- no Quidditch and that's a giant role in the book, among many other things.)
7. Half-Blood Prince (mostly a snooze-fest except for a few scenes...also the color gradient is so dark, I know it's on purpose to show that it's a "dark time", but seriouslyo_O:p)
8. Deathly Hallows Part 1 (pretty much a snooze-fest)

Most of my complaints deal with not enough Quidditch:p and also just cutting stuff out of the books that I liked.

spacemt354

Chili's
Granted my list may have a sentimental attachment because Chamber of Secrets was the first "big boy" novel I ever read on my own (I read Sorcerer's Stone with my mom) and then I saw the movie and it was how I pictured it in the book...so that may skew the list, but all of this is subjective anyway:p

tcool123

I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts but...
It was pretty boring, but not snooze worry like Deathly Hallow Part 1 and Azkaban

Most of my complaints deal with not enough Quidditch:p and also just cutting stuff out of the books that I liked.
I agree the lack of quidditch is appalling, and a great spinoff film could be a mockumentry film in the style of those sports movies with quidditch instead of baseball. Think Angels in the Outfield, Million Dollar Ball, Queen of Katwe, etc.

Granted my list may have a sentimental attachment because Chamber of Secrets was the first "big boy" novel I ever read on my own (I read Sorcerer's Stone with my mom) and then I saw the movie and it was how I pictured it in the book...so that may skew the list, but all of this is subjective anyway:p
I read them all in middle school, the first one out of boredom. The rest due to being hooked by it. I read Books 2 to 7 in one week of Spring Break.

Got Cursed Child on Thursday, got home at 9 PM, I finished the book before 1 AM. Can't wait to see that on the big screen, and maybe they take the Hobbit approach and stretch the book out into 4 - 6 movies.

Suchomimus

2. Goblet of Fire
  3. Chamber of Secrets
  5. Sorcerer's Stone
  6. Halfblood Prince
  7. Prisoner of Azkaban
Since you made your own "best" Wizarding World movie, I think I'll make mine then.

1. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
2. The Order of The Phoenix
3. Deathly Hallows Pt.1
4. Deathly Hallows Pt.2
5. Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Philosopher's Stone
8. Goblet of Fire
9. Half Blood Prince

Halfblood Prince's only saving grace would be any actor who is not teenage Tom Riddle or young Tom Riddle.
Order of The Phoenix may be; like the Goblet of Fire; suffered extreme cutting room floor issues in term of story and character arc ; such as with Kreacher the house-elf; and some changes they made were mishandled compared to the book; like Gwarp and the centaurs; but it still has good teenage acting, a great villain, score, and still shows the British Wizarding World beginning to falling apart from the power of shear dread alone; and made Harry much calmer than in the book.
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them's true negatives are that the two separate storylines; the whimsical Fantastic Beast storyline and the dark Obsurcial storyline; are loosely relevant, the beasts and Newt themselves have continuity errors to the guide, and Johnny Depp Grindelwald looks nothing like Jamie Bower Grindelwald. Other than that, the movie is actually very good and in some cases better than the films that the FB quintilogy is based off and Cursed Child.

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

In pirates one of the aa's was where they chase each other was out. And on Splash Moubtain the last scene the blue jay is static.
I didn't notice the blue jay, but your probably right.
Thank god they fixed the effects of PhillarMagic, when I went in November the spotlights and 3D where the only things working right.

My question is : When I went on SPlash Mountain the two vultures were broken down, and the audio turned off. Do you do if it has since been fixed?
Another one is : In the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train the interactive queue specifically the water fountain kinda thing was that fixed?
PhilharMagic was perfect! That made me very happy, I was worried after your reports of it not working. Do the spotlights usually work? I was very surprised about them. Vultures also worked, but I did not see the water fountain as I went through the fastpass line. It was probably off anyway because it was quite cold, especially on Saturday (In the 40's by sundown).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom