Disneyland Madrid Resort 1985 - Vol. II

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

"We should have built Euro Disney in Spain. The site that the Imagineers had chosen there had far better weather. More to the point, this area already had a strong tourism-based economy in place, a pool of people going-on-holiday that we could have pulled our Guests from. Plus a great rail system..... But the French offered Eisner far better financial terms. They were willing to give the Company all sorts of financial incentives and tax breaks if we built this project in France rather than in Spain. So in the end, Michael chose the scheme over the dream."

- Roy Disney via Jim Hill

dlpbookart0.jpg~original

Project Background
This is the second volume to the hit brainstorming thread Walt Disney World 1966 , which has recently finished it's Phase 1 construction.

In that respect, I'm bringing this new project to the forum, for a new plan for the EuroDisney Project from the ground up. We're gonna Keep Moving Forward and open new doors!

2.jpg

The Prompt

The year is 1985, the decision has been made in Roy's favor to have Euro Disney Resort in Spain. As a team, what do we do and where do we start?

large_map-of-spain2.jpg

Suchomimus

"We should have built Euro Disney in Spain. The site that the Imagineers had chosen there had far better weather. More to the point, this area already had a strong tourism-based economy in place, a pool of people going-on-holiday that we could have pulled our Guests from. Plus a great rail system..... But the French offered Eisner far better financial terms. They were willing to give the Company all sorts of financial incentives and tax breaks if we built this project in France rather than in Spain. So in the end, Michael chose the scheme over the dream."

- Roy Disney via Jim Hill

dlpbookart0.jpg~original

Project Background
This is the second volume to the hit brainstorming thread Walt Disney World 1966 , which has recently finished it's Phase 1 construction.

In that respect, I'm bringing this new project to the forum, for a new plan for the EuroDisney Project from the ground up. We're gonna Keep Moving Forward and open new doors!

2.jpg

The Prompt

The year is 1985, the decision has been made in Roy's favor to have Euro Disney Resort in Spain. As a team, what do we do and where do we start?

large_map-of-spain2.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
I am indeed very familiar with DLP! It's the park I grew up with, a lot of my earliest theme park memories are there! I watched along with the last project and I'd be pretty excited to join in a little on this one, I've never done one of these open brainstorming things before!
Awesome! The open brainstorming threads are fun! No due dates - just throwing around some concepts:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom