25th Anniversary

peep

Original Poster
The park has made an official announcement for the 25th anniversary so thought I'd post all the details in here...

(via Google translate)

In 2017, the Disneyland Park, you can board for Star Tours: The Adventure Continues . The new attraction against-attack with a unique intergalactic travel, hectic, 3D ... epic. You can cross a multitude of destinations to the Star Wars galaxy and interact with the hero of the Saga.

Each destination will offer unique surprises with travel through the worlds of Jakku, Hoth, Tatooine, the Death Star, and much more! You can discover and rediscover the attraction many times without knowing where the Force will take you. Each scenario trajectory and rebound will be random to allow reliving an ever more original experience.

You can then join the Rebel Alliance by becoming the drivers of Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain (Spring 2017) .The Force will be particularly strong in this attraction that will cross the Star Wars galaxy at high speed detours TIE fighters vessels or threat of a Star Destroyer.

The new Parade Disney Stars on Parade promises blazing. With a multitude of Disney Stars, dizzying new tanks, new costumes, new music and a lot of emotions to share. In 2017, Disneyland Park will also be other new shows to unveil. Mickey will give you an appointment with all his friends for a big anniversary ceremony to celebrate every day of the year: Mickey presents: "Happy Birthday Disneyland Paris" . Then the Disney Princesses have their own show with The Shining Waltz of the Princesses on the stage of the Castle of the Sleeping Beauty.

Finally, in the dark, grandiose place to another novelty: Disney Illuminations . This new show of light and sound and projections, with special effects breathtaking will be led by Mickey on the silhouette of the castle of Sleeping Beauty . It will transport the audience into a dimension where the stories of The Little Mermaid, the new filmBeauty and the Beast or of the Snow Queen , come to life before their very eyes. But not only. The adventures movies Star Wars , or Pirates of the Caribbean will also be essential in this show.

The ambition of Mickey and Friends for this anniversary? You put stars in your eyes.

Source

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
how long will the celebration go on? Will it go into 2018 do you think? I'm thinking we may try to catch this for our 1st DLP trip

GiveMeTheMusic

Sad to see Dreams being replaced, and sad to see Hyperspace invade the distinctly themed Paris Space Mountain. The other Space Mountains are a bit generic, but this one is not. Poor choice IMO.

I'm sure the parade will be great, and it will be nice to have daily castle shows as well!

Phroobar

In confirming Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain (note the added film title) without any reference at all to its actual host attraction, we can safely assume this is indeed an “as-good-as-permanent” overlay and that Space Mountain: Mission 2 effectively ends its life on Sunday, 8th January 2017.

Interesting to read that Space Mountain Mission 2 is permanently closing for the Hyper Space Mountain overlay. It should be interesting to see a space battle with asteroids and other stuff. How does Star Wars fit in to a Victorian moon shot and all the external theming that goes with it?

The Empress Lilly

Why the SM redo? SM is great as is. It also fits the Jules Verne themed area. Hyperspace Mountain will require a complete overhaul of half of DL, or will forever be mere shoved-in IP diarrhea.

I wasn't that tired of Magic on Parade and Dreams that I longed for something new, but I've seen them enough to not be too sad to see them go for something equal or better. I'm not necessarily optimistic though...
Stars on Parade isn't a poor man's Cars and Stars I hope? Where they just sorta ride some characters around? ('Look kids! Celeb toons!')
And live action movies projected on the castle feel misplaced. That is a tonal mismatch. In fact, it feels like watching one big trailer show. I'm not going to stand around in the dismal Paris late evening weather to be shown commercials. :cautious:

The two shows might be nice, I'll be optimistic and keep an open mind. A Princess merchandise line exposition and a boy-their-imagination-really-went-wild Mickey anniversary show.

I've got stars in my eyes with joy!

peep

Original Poster
Hyperspace Mountain I'm semi-excited for, just the sheer scale of what they could achieve in that space could be great. I agree the exterior theme is a total clash though and I still hope it's only temporary. I'm also looking forward to the new trains being introduced. They should be using the new Vekoma vest restraints which will make the ride experience far better than it currently is (the restraints are just too bulky).

I was very bored of the current parade, it's a shadow of what was introduced for the 15th anniversary. I'm praying the new parade has individual soundtracks per segment rather than just one song on a constant loop. At least we know it'll have the incredible Maleficent dragon from the Magic Kingdom parade.

I love Dreams but think it was time for an update. I fear it'll be a copy and paste of the Shanghai show which I thought was just a poor imitation of Dreams (Mickey literally replaced Pan's shadow). Still I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Bacon

I think it will be cool to see Hyper Space Mountain and i think its funny people assume that tomorrow lands life is ending because of this SMM2 I think will make a good HSM

Den Carter

I think it will be cool to see Hyper Space Mountain and i think its funny people assume that tomorrow lands life is ending because of this SMM2 I think will make a good HSM

Agree it'll make a great ride, but the interior will be a thematic departure from the exterior, so I do hope they address it in some way. The three mont downtime isn't long enough to do a complete overhaul of the exterior, but I hope at least some effort is made with the queue line to make a coherent Star Wars story...

Animaniac93-98

C0wt6o9WQAAQ3Od.jpg

mickeyfan5534

I really have to give props to Paris's marketing team. Between the 'We're Waiting for You' commercial, 'The Sparkle in their Eyes' campaign, the 'For Grown Up Kids Too' videos, the utterly bonkers vacation planning ads, and the 25 picture, they've been really on point with their advertising lately. We need them to work on the domestic parks ads.

Stevie Amsterdam

A nice 'behind the scenes' video of the picture above:

Also, Catherine Powell, the CEO of Disneyland Paris, is looking forward to 2017 with Season of the Force and the 25th Anniversary:

Thanks for sharing Donald. I really appreciate that Catherine speaks French in this promo and the overall tone and vibe was humble and welcoming. I hope that the French - and other nationalities - will revisit DLP this year and going forward and that the resort will prosper into the park it deserves to be!

Donald Dutch

Disneyland Paris has shared some new/additional details in a press release about the upcoming 25th celebration. Images by Pixiedust.

Mickey presents “Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris”

The Disney Stars invite guests to gather in front of the stage at Sleeping Beauty Castle for a huge anniversary celebration, every day of the year. From all over the park, they join together in step until the arrival of everyone’s favourite mouse. To mark this exceptional anniversary, Mickey makes a grand entrance dressed in his smartest outfit: a blue and silver dinner jacket in the celebratory colours. 1, 2, 3, 4, it’s time to sing together: “Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris”!

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Launched at the opening of Disneyland Park in 1992, Star Tours soon established itself as a cult ride. 25 years later, it’s back with a new experience, new destinations, a new pilot, new characters and new 3D technology. Introducing Star Tours: The Adventures Continue! Prepare for lift-off on an all-new, action-packed, 3D intergalactic voyage… it’s sure to be epic.

Thanks to a multitude of new scenes and more than 70 possible mission combinations, guests will never know where the Force might take them. Every ride will offer unique surprises with journeys through the planet Jakku, Naboo, Hoth, Tatooine and more, perhaps even via the Death Star. Guests will travel through the galaxy with a new pilot, C-3PO, meeting heroes they have never encountered until now. Watch out for Darth Vader… Each scenario, journey and unexpected development is random to ensure that guests enjoy an original experience every time and fully immerse themselves in the universe of the Star WarsTM films. Episodes I to VII inclusive.

Meet the Dark Side of the Force
Good news! Disneyland Paris guests will finally get the chance to meet the formidable Darth Vader every day. Head to the new dedicated area near the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue ride for a private meet and greet. A tip for those who dare to make an appearance? Don’t let your guard down when taking photos.

Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: Rebel Mission
In spring 2017, Star Wars will take over a legendary space-themed ride. Space Mountain will become Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain for a totally unique experience. In a brand new environment inspired by the Star Wars universe, guests can join the famous Rebel Alliance and become pilots on a sensational mission. They will travel through the Star Wars galaxy at intense speed, to the epic soundtrack of the saga. The experience will also have amazing visuals with breath-taking special effects. Experience a unique and exciting voyage through the Star Wars universe and enjoy the thrill of evading TIE fighters and an intimidating Star Destroyer

Disney Stars on Parade
hd13290-1-1024x601.png

In Disney Stars on Parade, we follow Mickey and Friends on a real journey of discovery to the land of imagination, divided into eight chapters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy and Chip and Dale are explorers of the future… with a steampunk-inspired futuristic look. The heroes of Toy Story are close behind, ready to take guests “to infinity and beyond!”! Roar along with Simba to the problem-free philosophy, “Hakuna Matata”! Similarly, Baloo and Mowgli remind us that all it takes to be happy are “the bare necessities”, to the sound of percussion that conjures up a sense of adventure and a jungle atmosphere. Head for Neverland with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys! The underwater world is also celebrated with Nemo, Marlin and Dory. Listen out for the roar of Maleficient’s majestic dragon form, which challenges Prince Phillip and actually breathes fire. Fortunately, the romance of the Disney Princesses always triumphs over evil. The final chapter of this world of wonder ends as the book closes with an icy blast, thanks to the much-loved heroines of Frozen.

Side note: some reliable fan accounts on Twitter/Facebook have confirmed that we will finally get different music segments for each float, instead of one song playing on a continuous loop...

The Starlit Princess Waltz
With a sprinkle of fairy dust, Tinker Bell opens the festivities. Aurora wants to invite the other Disney Princesses to the ball: Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana. Each princess makes her entrance in a magnificent ball gown, specially created for the 25th Anniversary, to the sound of a romantic fanfare. Their message: to remind the audience that every little girl, regardless of her age or background, is a Princess. This show is enhanced by the spectacular fountains in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Disney Illuminations
As night falls, it is time for the final spectacular new experience: Disney Illuminations. This all-new show, featuring state-of-the-art technology, incorporates sound, lights, projections, fountains and breathtaking pyrotechnic effects.
hd13294-1024x683.png

Every night, against the backdrop of the Castle, Mickey takes us on a captivating journey, following in the footsteps of the heroes of animated masterpieces. He transports the audience to a dimension where the stories of The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Frozen come to life, with the projection of “live action” film images for the very first time. Guests will witness an incredible naval battle featuring the Black Pearl, the legendary ship of Jack Sparrow. Finally, stars are on the agenda, with a sequence of “live action images” which will delight all Star Wars fans. Featuring the Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers… The Force is strong with Disney Illuminations.

All of this starts 26 March 2017.

brb1006

I really have to give props to Paris's marketing team. Between the 'We're Waiting for You' commercial, 'The Sparkle in their Eyes' campaign, the 'For Grown Up Kids Too' videos, the utterly bonkers vacation planning ads, and the 25 picture, they've been really on point with their advertising lately. We need them to work on the domestic parks ads.
The poster reminds me of how WDW used to make ads to promote the 20th and 25th Anniversary.

AndyS2992

Disney UK's marketing strategy is bemusing. For the 25th, they are really pushing Disneyland Paris through advertising across all forms of media and offering 'big' discounts as they want this year to be a good one for attendence figures, however at the very same time you will see just as many adverts on TV advertising Walt Disney World which is also offering discounts right now. This is obviously going to cause some issues as people would rather spend the little bit extra and go to 'the real thing' for 14 days rather than say 5 days they would have gone to Disneyland Paris for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom