NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Here's the simple, uncomplicated way the Packers can clinch a playoff berth this weekend.

Green Bay clinches a playoff berth:
1) GB win + WAS loss or tie + TB loss + ATL win or tie + GB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over TB

PUSH

Original Poster
The Vikings' team plane slid off the runway in Appleton, WI tonight while taxiing after a safe landing. Nobody got hurt, but they were stuck on the plane for an extra two hours before a firetruck was dispatched to carry the passengers from the plane.

Dad 2 M & M

Falcons can clinch this week as well:
- Easiest scenario - win and either the Lions or Packers lose --
- Additional scenario - win and the results of other games clinch them the strength of victory tiebreaker over Detroit - we have a tremendous lead in the strength of victory tie breaker win EVERYBODY in the league
- Additional additional scenario - Washington loses or ties and Green Bay loses
- Additional^3 scenario - Washington loses or ties, Lions lose and Packers tie

We can still get the 2 seed if we win out AND Seattle somehow loses to Arizona, uhh or loses to LA

Prediction - Cam pounds us today.......

By the way, we can still clinch the division if We and Tampa both go 2-0, or 1-1, and the only way we don't clinch a Wild Card winning today OR next Sunday is if Detroit outscores us by 87 points,,,,,,

PUSH

Original Poster
Falcons can clinch this week as well:
- Easiest scenario - win and either the Lions or Packers lose --
- Additional scenario - win and the results of other games clinch them the strength of victory tiebreaker over Detroit - we have a tremendous lead in the strength of victory tie breaker win EVERYBODY in the league
- Additional additional scenario - Washington loses or ties and Green Bay loses
- Additional^3 scenario - Washington loses or ties, Lions lose and Packers tie

We can still get the 2 seed if we win out AND Seattle somehow loses to Arizona, uhh or loses to LA

Prediction - Cam pounds us today.......

By the way, we can still clinch the division if We and Tampa both go 2-0, or 1-1, and the only way we don't clinch a Wild Card winning today OR next Sunday is if Detroit outscores us by 87 points,,,,,,
How about you guys win and the Lions lose? That would get you guys in the playoffs, and would get the Falcons out of the Packers way of a potential wild card spot, while guaranteeing week 17 will determine the NFC North champion.

And then Washington and Tampa Bay could lose. And it'd also be nice if we could clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Bucs... is that too much to ask? :rolleyes:

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers win! That's 5 in a row, which sets up next week to be for the NFC North title.

Also in breaking news, the Browns win a game! Somehow, someway they did it. I was being mean and kind of hoping for another winless season. Does that make me a bad person?

Dad 2 M & M

How about you guys win and the Lions lose? That would get you guys in the playoffs, and would get the Falcons out of the Packers way of a potential wild card spot, while guaranteeing week 17 will determine the NFC North champion.

And then Washington and Tampa Bay could lose. And it'd also be nice if we could clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Bucs... is that too much to ask? :rolleyes:
Looks like we are the #2 seed now.....just need to beat the Saints!!!

PUSH

Original Poster
Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota both fractured their fibulas today and will miss the rest of the season. I guess we can calm the talks of the Raiders going to the Super Bowl. Tough break.

I also was scared when Aaron Rodgers was down on the field for extended time today after an awkward sandwich tackle, which bent his neck in an awkward way.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Bengals miss what would be a walk-off field goal, giving the Texans a win. At 9-6 the Texans have won the AFC South.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers/Lions game has been flexed to Sunday night. By that point we'll know if the game is just for the division, or if it's an elimination game for the two teams.

PUSH

Original Poster
Both Super Bowl teams from last season will miss the playoffs this year. That's the first time since 2003 that's happened.

Lucky

Both Super Bowl teams from last season will miss the playoffs this year. That's the first time since 2003 that's happened.
It's nice to spread the wealth and give a couple other cities a chance instead.
You gotta fight...

...for your right...

...to parity.

PUSH

Original Poster
It's nice to spread the wealth and give a couple other cities a chance instead.
You gotta fight...

...for your right...

...to parity.
The Patriots obviously haven't gotten that memo over the past 8 seasons.

Hopefully the Packers didn't get the memo this season either.

Dad 2 M & M

The Packers/Lions game has been flexed to Sunday night. By that point we'll know if the game is just for the division, or if it's an elimination game for the two teams.
If Dallas wins...Washington controls there destiny....and your Sunday night is the elimination game you mention

I assume the 3 - 6 Matchup would be Seatlle/Washington, and the 4 - 5 would Be Green Bay/NYG

I can see Green Bay OR NYG beating Dallas (assumes Seattle beats Washington)

PUSH

Original Poster
If Dallas wins...Washington controls there destiny....and your Sunday night is the elimination game you mention

I assume the 3 - 6 Matchup would be Seatlle/Washington, and the 4 - 5 would Be Green Bay/NYG

I can see Green Bay OR NYG beating Dallas (assumes Seattle beats Washington)
The NFC playoffs are wide open. Dallas could go, but it'll be difficult as the playoffs are a whole new challenge that Dak and Elliot haven't faced yet. The Falcons are a very capable team, as well as the Seahawks. If the Packers get in, they'll most likely be on a 6 game winning streak with Rodgers playing at the level equivalent to his two MVP seasons. The Giants have a good defense, and their WRs have explosive capability. The Redskins and Lions both are capable of winning big games, too.

The AFC I really see the Chiefs or Steelers being major threats to the Patriots. Although anything can happen in the playoffs. Sometimes all it takes is one play to get hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom