NCAA Football

Dad 2 M & M

Just a thought for all the 8 team playoff peeps. Tickets to the semi-finals from the secondary market can be had for really cheap:

Fiesta - Clemson/Ohio State- $68 INCLUDING FEES
Peach - Alabama/Washington $189 INCLUDING FEES

While these games "sold out" when tickets were tickets were released, the cities hosting MUST be sweating the thoughts of empty seats, empty hotel rooms, and lack of tourist expenditures (now that so many tickets are back up and on the secondary market). The Playoff has, as predicted, REALLY reduced the stature of the other 4 of "Big Six", all other bowls, and quite frankly the two Semi-Final Games are suffering as well. My guess is many Clemson/OSU peeps are NOT traveling anywhere other than Tampa, and the same holds true for Bama Fans.

I don't see this going to 8, but might go to Six, with the top 2 getting a bye.

Tampa IS sitting on a Goldmine IF Bama beats Washington. Bama fans really want another shot at OSU and haven't forgotten OSU's no show last year in the playoff.....a rematch with Clemson would be tough to take.

The committee made it a point "sell" the 4th seed as the weakest team in. That way they could put OSU/Clemson in one semi-final so Bama would have a rematch of '14, or '15 in the Playoff Final. The committee was NEVER going to have OSU or Clemson play Bama in a semi-final. If Washington beats Bama.......

Hopefully we will see Bama/OSU in the Final....many hate a winner.....Urban and Nick

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Just letting the B1G know we are so much more than Osceola and Renegade.....

:D
Do you know what an internal struggle it is for me to cheer for the Maize and Blue.. I mean, it hurts me..and I can barely look at myself in the mirror.lol

When it comes to bowl games though- I'll support any colors of whatever B1G team is playing. In the case of Michigan vs FSU, it makes it a lot easier. :) ;)

Dad 2 M & M

Do you know what an internal struggle it is for me to cheer for the Maize and Blue.. I mean, it hurts me..and I can barely look at myself in the mirror.lol

When it comes to bowl games though- I'll support any colors of whatever B1G team is playing. In the case of Michigan vs FSU, it makes it a lot easier. :) ;)
I hear ya...SEC man here and always cheer for any SEC team in the bowls.....it gets easier with age

21stamps

Original Poster
Just a thought for all the 8 team playoff peeps. Tickets to the semi-finals from the secondary market can be had for really cheap:

Fiesta - Clemson/Ohio State- $68 INCLUDING FEES
Peach - Alabama/Washington $189 INCLUDING FEES

While these games "sold out" when tickets were tickets were released, the cities hosting MUST be sweating the thoughts of empty seats, empty hotel rooms, and lack of tourist expenditures (now that so many tickets are back up and on the secondary market). The Playoff has, as predicted, REALLY reduced the stature of the other 4 of "Big Six", all other bowls, and quite frankly the two Semi-Final Games are suffering as well. My guess is many Clemson/OSU peeps are NOT traveling anywhere other than Tampa, and the same holds true for Bama Fans.

I don't see this going to 8, but might go to Six, with the top 2 getting a bye.

Tampa IS sitting on a Goldmine IF Bama beats Washington. Bama fans really want another shot at OSU and haven't forgotten OSU's no show last year in the playoff.....a rematch with Clemson would be tough to take.

The committee made it a point "sell" the 4th seed as the weakest team in. That way they could put OSU/Clemson in one semi-final so Bama would have a rematch of '14, or '15 in the Playoff Final. The committee was NEVER going to have OSU or Clemson play Bama in a semi-final. If Washington beats Bama.......

Hopefully we will see Bama/OSU in the Final....many hate a winner.....Urban and Nick
I had no idea those tickets were available. That's craziness. I'm actually shocked. Especially at the OSU/Clemson ticket price.

I would absolutely love to have a 6 or 8 team bracket, for so many reasons.

Dad 2 M & M

I had no idea those tickets were available. That's craziness. I'm actually shocked. Especially at the OSU/Clemson ticket price.

I would absolutely love to have a 6 or 8 team bracket, for so many reasons.
Just booked the College Playoff Championship for less than $600......the secondary market IS flooded now, and it will only get worse if Washington wins.

Sugar Bowl is available for just over $100 (can't buy an a regular season Auburn ticket for that), Orange Bowl is $138, Rose Bowl is $298, Cotton is $12......$12 to go to the Cotton Bowl!! Big 10 peeps really travel

**Edit** By the Way, Tampa is BARELY and hour drive from the World....Pop Century rooms are less tha $80 for AP rates....what a combination for early January

21stamps

Original Poster
Just booked the College Playoff Championship for less than $600......the secondary market IS flooded now, and it will only get worse if Washington wins.

Sugar Bowl is available for just over $100 (can't buy an a regular season Auburn ticket for that), Orange Bowl is $138, Rose Bowl is $298, Cotton is $12......$12 to go to the Cotton Bowl!! Big 10 peeps really travel
That's very odd. I was at the University of Cincinnati vs VA Tech Orange Bowl and there were a TON of Ohio/UC peeps there. (Maybe bc their team never gets in those games?lol). But I'm surprised at the Big 10 right now.
Especially Buckeye Nation, they typically travel.

Dad 2 M & M

That's very odd. I was at the University of Cincinnati vs VA Tech Orange Bowl and there were a TON of Ohio/UC peeps there. (Maybe bc their team never gets in those games?lol). But I'm surprised at the Big 10 right now.
Especially Buckeye Nation, they typically travel.
Would you go to Glendale for $80 + Airfare + Hotel? or wait to make sure you not one and done, and just go to Tampa? I don't know what the airfare is from Ohio to Glendale, but I would guess it is more than from Ohio to Orlando (drive to Tampa from Orlando).

What would the total cost (Game Ticket, Airfare, and lodging) be for Glendale vs Tampa? That HAS to be a factor in those cheap tickets....

Living in Atlanta, it is nice to be able to see Bama play the SEC Championship, the Peach Bowl, and then have to travel only to Tampa for the Big One.....Spirit from Atlanta to Orlando is less than $50 with no carry on/checked bag.

Splitting the cost of the room at Pop, the car rental and each buying a game/plane ticket, my cousin and I will be able to see the World for a day and a half, go to the game, and return to Atl for less than $800.....we do both have an AP and the $800 doesn't include food or other must do purchases....easily done for under $1k each.

I didn't think you could get a TICKET for less than a grand....

Dad 2 M & M

A few of the Bowls and associated secondary pricing:

upload_2016-12-23_21-8-5.jpeg

21stamps

Original Poster
Would you go to Glendale for $80 + Airfare + Hotel? or wait to make sure you not one and done, and just go to Tampa? I don't know what the airfare is from Ohio to Glendale, but I would guess it is more than from Ohio to Orlando (drive to Tampa from Orlando).

What would the total cost (Game Ticket, Airfare, and lodging) be for Glendale vs Tampa? That HAS to be a factor in those cheap tickets....

Living in Atlanta, it is nice to be able to see Bama play the SEC Championship, the Peach Bowl, and then have to travel only to Tampa for the Big One.....Spirit from Atlanta to Orlando is less than $50 with no carry on/checked bag.

Splitting the cost of the room at Pop, the car rental and each buying a game/plane ticket, my cousin and I will be able to see the World for a day and a half, go to the game, and return to Atl for less than $800.....we do both have an AP and the $800 doesn't include food or other must do purchases....easily done for under $1k each.

I didn't think you could get a TICKET for less than a grand....

I probably wouldn't incorporate Disney on that trip...(and I would want to be taxi distance from the game lol)...but if I was someone who typically went to several games, then yes I would do the trip.
A few of the Bowls and associated secondary pricing:

View attachment 181114
This is quite shocking. Wow.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@21stamps,

What was that about the B1G?

Osceola and Renegade falling at the opening wasn't good...thought that was going to be a premonition.

But, WE WON!!!! Wasn't pretty, but we had one more point than Michigan at the end of 60 minutes.

GO NOLES!!!!

123_1-3.jpeg

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Is Ohio State ducking out again? Seriously? Guess they will always have braggin rights on Bama if they never have to play them again.

Either Washington was WAY better than most thought, or Bama CAN be beat....

A Clemson/Bama rematch would destroy the secondary mkt tickets.....

This morning the most affordable ticket to the Championship in Tampa was $775.....its down to $645 as we speak...

Dad 2 M & M

@21stamps,

What was that about the B1G?

Osceola and Renegade falling at the opening wasn't good...thought that was going to be a premonition.

But, WE WON!!!! Wasn't pretty, but we had one more point than Michigan at the end date of 60 minutes.

GO NOLES!!!!

View attachment 181929

View attachment 181930
Well done....SEC man 1st, southern football 2nd.... B1G is 2 - 5 in Bowls so far, with OSU looking to add a 6th loss

Just made it home from the Dome and another Bama victory.....1st game in tha new Dome is your peeps and Bama...Sept 2nd

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well done....SEC man 1st, southern football 2nd.... B1G is 2 - 5 in Bowls so far, with OSU looking to add a 6th loss

Just made it home from the Dome and another Bama victory.....1st game in tha new Dome is your peeps and Bama...Sept 2nd

Not just a loss, but a shutout....

Boosters have already announced the window to requests tickets is open...and the game is 9 months away. Yeah, we're psyched here in Tallahassee..... Sabin vs his protégé.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Uh, ref, that was a hold in OSU's backfield....

Back to FSU vs 'Bama. Gonna be interesting without Dalvin. Wish him well in the draft...he's one heck of a player.

Guess it was good he wasn't one of the Heisman finalists... especially after what LSU did to Louisville. Which brings up an issue for me. IMHO, Jackson won solely because of the FSU game. But then, Doug Flutie won because of one pass.....

Dad 2 M & M

Uh, ref, that was a hold in OSU's backfield....

Back to FSU vs 'Bama. Gonna be interesting without Dalvin. Wish him well in the draft...he's one heck of a player.

Guess it was good he wasn't one of the Heisman finalists... especially after what LSU did to Louisville. Which brings up an issue for me. IMHO, Jackson won solely because of the FSU game. But then, Doug Flutie won because of one pass.....
Shut out indeed.......B1G is uhh...

Dad 2 M & M

Is Ohio State ducking out again? Seriously? Guess they will always have braggin rights on Bama if they never have to play them again.

Either Washington was WAY better than most thought, or Bama CAN be beat....

A Clemson/Bama rematch would destroy the secondary mkt tickets.....

This morning the most affordable ticket to the Championship in Tampa was $775.....its down to $645 as we speak...
Last night's most affordable $645 was up north of $1,200 this A.M.; now it's down to $878.

Anybody been to RJS and sat in a Lower 100 Level Suite? There is 3 tickets for $975 each listed, but the Suite is TBD. Any of these Lower 100 suites restricted vision?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom