Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

HauntedMansionFLA

The delay of Fast & Furious is probably what's making you think this. Here's the current timeline:

Jimmy Fallon/Volcano Bay-2017
Fast & Furious-2018
???-2019
Nintendo-2020 (rumored)

Their stated goal was to have something new every year and it seems that they're keeping to it. There are plenty of different rumors of what could possibly happen in 2019. Dragon Challenge, Avengers, SLoP, any one of these could be it but there would be no need to announce the 2019 project until at least a year before it opens as per Universal's usual way of doing things. Nintendo is unusual since they probably pushed for an earlier announcement than Universal would've liked. Nintendo is most likely also the last large scale project for any of the existing parks before the third park but this isn't to say they won't still be replacing things. USF and IoA will be in a good position to continue to hold their own after this third park opens which the latest date I've seen given was a post by @WDW1974 that said 2023 which to me seems believable.
@Mike S do you have the link to the art work for the three rides for the new land?

JustInTime

In the art you can see a bowser area which is assumed to be Mario kart. A Yoshi mountain which is supposedly the Yoshi attraction. And then In the distance some tropical trees for the dk area but thts obscured in this art.
Hmm. I was thinking Peach's castle would be the Mario Kart ride. Interesting. Wonder if both castles are part of Mario Kart? With bowser being the exit and Peach being the entrance/ride building?? I can't wait to find out more.

imperius

A bloody coaster? Underwhelming i must say when a theme park decides that a roller coaster is their attraction of choice. It's cheap and crass.
Ummmm what? DK would be getting a mine coaster seeing as it fits the property 100%. The main attraction is Mario Kart which will be a highly interactive physical set ride. There is nothing cheap and crass about this area or the rides involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom