Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 9th

We got back to the room and decided to take a little catnap. We also watched the news, which I am not proud of! So much for ignoring the election, some things just cannot be ignored! I owe you, Stacy. I will watch a loop of you on YouTube to make up for being a traitor!

53C865E9-650E-4A6E-8002-6C79CB7F9C1B_zps67cdyhks.jpg

Joe was using this thing as a blanket (I don't know what this is really called) and I thought he looked like a mermaid! I was jealous so I made him take a picture of me as a mermaid too! LOL... I think his is more realistic!

AB43271F-E621-4CF4-AB5F-CEB05B7B95C1_zpsoitgv5ou.jpg

Joe looks like a mermaid, I look like a freak. And notice how we napped in separate beds. Haha, napping was reserved for own beds, we are the new Lucy and Ricky! LOL

After an hour snoozefest, we awoke starved. It's like we never eat! LOL

I was in love with this shirt... and witness my Benadryl :(

3FA8B4DC-A06E-4378-A42E-7EFFEC10CF5A_zpsadzresyc.jpg

Where should we eat dinner?! We are young and strapping individuals who stay up til 11 PM on work nights.. we could hit the town! We could party at Disney Springs... we could go to the Boardwalk... So many options! And what did we decide?

We bummed it up and went to Riverside Mill. :)

939544D0-DE9E-4170-831A-167C802CC899_zps2j521tgc.jpg

FE3A318D-4FF9-4B51-9AF7-05B5D5BFA1FD_zpsn1vdodqs.jpg

Honestly, this was such a good idea. I am so glad we chilled out and just had a late night dinner at Riverside Mill. I do not know how to schedule rest days, so sometimes restful nights are needed! Joe and I both agreed, this dinner was amazing.

03B7BC09-3C5D-4858-96DE-B612505921D4_zpse5labni2.jpg

33BF9E9B-FE3C-442F-8E71-A2D3F69809E8_zps0glz2wwy.jpg

He had penne alfredo with chicken and cheese. I had fettucine alfredo with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and chicken and cheese. Joe does not like vegetables. Even drenched in alfredo sauce, he was being a plain jane! We didn't have high expectations for eating at our resort's "food court" but this meal was to die for. It was sooooooo delicious. It far exceeded both of our expectations and I think we may have licked the bowl clean! I am constantly putting artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers in my pasta now! Thanks Disney create your own pasta!! :)

A3745C9D-95E1-4AD2-A6E1-47293B60DCA4_zps6g6bwvxe.jpg

Dessert was this glorious brownie, Joe grabbed a cookie to eat for tomorrow's breakfast. No vegetables and cookies for breakfast, what am I getting myself into?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5735A391-2A91-4960-AD51-863C9FE7310A_zpsdchenxsw.jpg

4AA39973-A391-4A51-BC92-B823C7CE6377_zpsol3ft37x.jpg

Something about Mickey sprinkles just makes everything taste better. I gorged myself with pasta, and then stuffed my face with a brownie. Calories don't count in Disney, right?! :p:p

We did a full loop around Riverside before retiring to our lovely mansion, the Acadian House. We thought walking might help us digest and feel less full. It just made me sleepy! Another wonderful day had come to a close, and it was time to have sweet dreams of Mickey. I may have been influenced by this blanket/ mermaid fin :D
1E66B45A-B07E-4F58-9338-35B56727B387_zpshd5dwdyo.jpg

I miss you Riverside bed. Until we meet again!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thanks for the look at Universal I hope to make it there someday.

Congrats and best of luck with the engagement!
It really is something to be experienced! I really enjoyed our two days there, and will definitely be back. The butterbeer factor alone would make me pay for a full day ticket. LOL
And thank you so much!!

I feel the same way about Universal. This last trip made me more of a fan, but I always feel after two days there I'm done and that's getting there around 11am and leaving before closing. I wouldn't mind more time to explore Citywalk and grabbing some drinks at a few of the bars. The rides they do have are awesome, but I agree after a while they seem a bit similair. The theming is top notch though and you have to laugh sometimes at the little jabs they take at Disney sometimes.
We'll see what hapens when Volcano Bay opens. With all the Universal hotels opening up I can see people being forced to either do Disney OR Universal.
I just wish you could get Butterbeer somewhere on Citywalk, so I wouldn't have to pay to go into the park just to have it! lol
Right! Butterbeer at Citywalk would be awesome! I feel like I cheated on my Uni experience by not eating at Citywalk. Next time I vow to stay longer! So many of the restaurants seemed awesome, I am bummed we didn't eat at them! I think getting there before park opening and not being able to take a midday break just made us so gungho about doing everything and tired us out. We were ready for bed by 6 PM! LOL... I love the jabs they take at Disney. The competition they have on Twitter sometimes cracks me up so much... gotta love it! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I am finally all caught up and I had like a million little things to comment on, but now hey are all out the window! Congratulations on your engagement Nicole! I am dying to hear the details! Hopefully it was even better than a Disney proposal. Maybe he was just waiting to see if he could handle your Disney obsession while you were actually in the Disney bubble lol jk. Now you are going to just have to plan another trip for an engagement photo shoot. ;)

Thank you so much! I will write about it soon I promise! I have to upload my pictures and then I'll drop it in this report! LOL... And I think he now has a slight Disney obsession too, so it was perfect in the end. I may not have gotten my Disney proposal, but I got a man who loves and tolerates my obsession, so I think I won out in the end! And what a great idea!!! :p

Satans Hockey

You didn't do anything wrong with the lockers near jurassic park and the other water rides because they aren't free. They make money off them cause people don't want their stuff to get wet. Since the other rides with the free lockers have a stricter no loose articles policy they offer those for free.

NutsForFlorida

Nov 9th

We got back to the room and decided to take a little catnap. We also watched the news, which I am not proud of! So much for ignoring the election, some things just cannot be ignored! I owe you, Stacy. I will watch a loop of you on YouTube to make up for being a traitor!

53C865E9-650E-4A6E-8002-6C79CB7F9C1B_zps67cdyhks.jpg

Joe was using this thing as a blanket (I don't know what this is really called) and I thought he looked like a mermaid! I was jealous so I made him take a picture of me as a mermaid too! LOL... I think his is more realistic!

AB43271F-E621-4CF4-AB5F-CEB05B7B95C1_zpsoitgv5ou.jpg

Joe looks like a mermaid, I look like a freak. And notice how we napped in separate beds. Haha, napping was reserved for own beds, we are the new Lucy and Ricky! LOL

After an hour snoozefest, we awoke starved. It's like we never eat! LOL

I was in love with this shirt... and witness my Benadryl :(

3FA8B4DC-A06E-4378-A42E-7EFFEC10CF5A_zpsadzresyc.jpg

Where should we eat dinner?! We are young and strapping individuals who stay up til 11 PM on work nights.. we could hit the town! We could party at Disney Springs... we could go to the Boardwalk... So many options! And what did we decide?

We bummed it up and went to Riverside Mill. :)

939544D0-DE9E-4170-831A-167C802CC899_zps2j521tgc.jpg

FE3A318D-4FF9-4B51-9AF7-05B5D5BFA1FD_zpsn1vdodqs.jpg

Honestly, this was such a good idea. I am so glad we chilled out and just had a late night dinner at Riverside Mill. I do not know how to schedule rest days, so sometimes restful nights are needed! Joe and I both agreed, this dinner was amazing.

03B7BC09-3C5D-4858-96DE-B612505921D4_zpse5labni2.jpg

33BF9E9B-FE3C-442F-8E71-A2D3F69809E8_zps0glz2wwy.jpg

He had penne alfredo with chicken and cheese. I had fettucine alfredo with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and chicken and cheese. Joe does not like vegetables. Even drenched in alfredo sauce, he was being a plain jane! We didn't have high expectations for eating at our resort's "food court" but this meal was to die for. It was sooooooo delicious. It far exceeded both of our expectations and I think we may have licked the bowl clean! I am constantly putting artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers in my pasta now! Thanks Disney create your own pasta!! :)

A3745C9D-95E1-4AD2-A6E1-47293B60DCA4_zps6g6bwvxe.jpg

Dessert was this glorious brownie, Joe grabbed a cookie to eat for tomorrow's breakfast. No vegetables and cookies for breakfast, what am I getting myself into?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5735A391-2A91-4960-AD51-863C9FE7310A_zpsdchenxsw.jpg

4AA39973-A391-4A51-BC92-B823C7CE6377_zpsol3ft37x.jpg

Something about Mickey sprinkles just makes everything taste better. I gorged myself with pasta, and then stuffed my face with a brownie. Calories don't count in Disney, right?! :p:p

We did a full loop around Riverside before retiring to our lovely mansion, the Acadian House. We thought walking might help us digest and feel less full. It just made me sleepy! Another wonderful day had come to a close, and it was time to have sweet dreams of Mickey. I may have been influenced by this blanket/ mermaid fin :D
1E66B45A-B07E-4F58-9338-35B56727B387_zpshd5dwdyo.jpg

I miss you Riverside bed. Until we meet again!

I had the Chicken Penne there too. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Good choice.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I was just showing my kid your funny post about Le Cellier and he asked who's Joe? me- her boyfriend, who didn't propose. kid - it's in the report? me - yes, it's in the title.....and then this lovely pic!! #irony :)

Congrats to you both!
How ironic! LOL... Guess the boyfriend who didn't propose isn't the villain of this story after all LOL!!

You didn't do anything wrong with the lockers near jurassic park and the other water rides because they aren't free. They make money off them cause people don't want their stuff to get wet. Since the other rides with the free lockers have a stricter no loose articles policy they offer those for free.
I see I see! I was so confused! We kept trying to put our fingerprint on the machine because we couldn't believe this was the only one that charged us! Oh well at least now I know! Thank you for the clarification! LOL

Your mermaid "costume" was hilarious!! :hilarious: As always, your TR is delightful reading. Can't wait for the deets on your engagement story, too. ;)
I was super excited it looked just like a fin! LOL And thank you so much!

OMG-I can't believe right when work gets crazy busy so I can't keep up with your trip report you get engaged! Congratulations!!! The ring is amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it (and the rest of the trip)!
Thank you! I have been super busy too and I wanted to finish this report by Christmas but I am now definitely falling more behind! I need to finish this report before I start planning my wedding LOL!!! And thank you soooooooo much!!

Congratulations!! Your ring is gorgeous!! :)
Thank you I am soooooo in love with it!

Congrats on your engagement!!! Now what will happen first... The debut of Rivers of Light, or the Joe/Nicole wedding???

...And I agree with @Seanual757, you need to have a Disney wedding and invite all of us!!! :D
I would LOVE a Disney wedding, and honeymoon, and life... Happy wife happy life right?! LOL Maybe I can get married with Rivers of Light in the background?!!?! OMG GOALS

Ahhh!! I'm late, but congrats!!! How exciting!
Sometimes at Disney we have slept in different beds too...my husband was SO offended when I told him we were getting separate comforters...idk tho...best decison ever lol!
Thank you so much!!! :) We had the two beds so why not! We would nap in one, then sleep in the other, and then we would take time to be in one each. Haha, glad we are not alone!

I had the Chicken Penne there too. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Good choice.
I didn't expect much from it but I loved it! I am constantly "building my own pasta" now at home. :)

I usually do Universal in 1 day. Saves money that way and you don't have to go back the next day.
I think when I return I will do one day at Uni with the park hopper pass. Seems doable now that I know!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Fast Forward to December 19th, 2016

Joe and I started dating May 19th, 2007. I usually dig into him every 18th of the month and remind him that tomorrow is 9 years and 4 months, 9 years and 5 months, 9 years 6 months etc. etc... You get my point! LOL... Joe usually shuts me up by promising to take me out to dinner or to the movies (Finding Dory, Inside Out, Zootopia, Jungle Book... they were all seen on a 19th :p) So Sunday, December 18th it's our usual conversation and Joe promises to take me for sushi for our 9 year and 7 month anniversary. Phew! Thought we were gonna hit a decade before he popped the question! :)

So it's a typical Monday at work, it's crazy, and I am exhausted by the time I get home. I pulled into the driveway and noticed that our Christmas tree was put up with the lights on... We hadn't had time to put our tree up yet; we were seriously slacking. (post Disney depression I blame you)

So anyway I walk in the door and Joe tells me he put up the tree and I need to go see if he did everything alright. I walk into the living room and notice there is only one single solitary ornament, Minnie and Mickey as the bride and groom. I was super confused and turned to Joe to see him down on one knee. I honestly don't even know what he said, I think I blacked out. He was asking me to marry him! I don't even know if I said yes! I can't remember. Oh what a moment! :) :) :)

Joe had my friend hiding behind one of our porch doors, and she was able to capture the moment. What a little sneak he is!

After calming down, Joe informed me that I did, in fact say yes. And then he told me my bridal Minnie ears would be arriving in 3-5 business days. I don't know which made me more excited. :)

46B27EC4-3307-46A2-ACDB-D210EE3ABED6_zpsjks1t5xt.jpg

BBDA4E88-F178-4E4B-9C27-DE37EFC83611_zpshdgjlrrz.jpg

7750DD0C-11AD-455F-947B-DD61EDBC30CC_zpsm8nibpjo.jpg

217B7673-23DE-40F9-8906-534FFC1090F3_zps3xvpa6ok.jpg

6D9EB495-3DCC-453C-8F26-BF54F5601976_zpsnptassnv.jpg

F538B898-54F0-41B8-8F0A-C14CC85A81DD_zps7oy36bys.jpg

6154EA87-AFF2-4070-B21E-D8E16F965563_zpssrouw2li.jpg

0B438DFD-F558-4BEB-8EC5-0C4300D509A4_zpsi72kwhh7.jpg

C36CC20D-6BCC-4B7B-9C54-E4ACF9606403_zpsbxmok8ze.jpg

AC1B6475-C84B-4BE1-93EB-AD6D9CAEA5C2_zps2hhzwppi.jpg

4DF3D469-4CAF-4198-9E4B-BA46FA7C2945_zpszcgmmubi.jpg

1D44C73A-DBA1-406F-A93C-3761B4999DE7_zpsaz42k0yu.jpg

68E509C1-4F5D-458E-81B8-2715DC7A283D_zpsylyyyzmz.jpg

98096D8B-46EE-4773-BEE2-98BEC3FA4957_zpspyvap8jg.jpg

Of course I had to run and paint my nails! No mickey heads! Oh well LOL

25EC3BFB-7665-46A3-B6D1-4651065F9864_zpsc5wvfpfn.jpg

My fiancé! My real life prince Eric. I am so happy and so in love.

ABE74C7C-087B-40D0-8990-000EA54A0E37_zpsj6eftztv.jpg

145AA08E-605E-4548-90ED-E4731E0B5B4F_zpsncyhrz9v.jpg

My heart is so full of love. SO FULL. I love you all. Thank you for all your well wishes. I honestly could cry with how much I love my WDWmagic friends and I am so happy I can share a happy "middle" of this trip report.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

32CA190D-DA04-44C4-B68E-0346899E5185_zpsmdd6dtjg.jpg

blreinsel

Omg :cry::cry::cry: real tears flowing over here! SO SWEET AND PERFECT! I think my favorite part is that he told you that your bride ears would arrive in 3-5 business days. :hilarious: I am sooooo happy for you!!!

I was also cracking up at your nails not being done because I remembered them looking beautiful in the picture you posted.. We are so much alike because that would have been my first priority as well. :D:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom