Impressed by the Christmas offerings

NearTheEars

Original Poster
We recently got SeaWorld/Busch Gardens APs as a way to help fill the gaps during our Disney blackout dates. We aren't blacked out yet, but we have gone to SW that past two weekends to check out their Christmas shows and, wow, we were really impressed. And it's ALL included with admission.

The Christmas Town trail where you meet with Rudolph and Bumble was quite nice. There's several food booths, model train displays and live music acts throughout the night.

The "O Wondrous Night" show at the theater and the ice skating show on the lake were truly awesome, dare I say on par with many WDW shows/performers. The Shamu show was OK, just the typical jumps and splashes set to Christmas music, but the finale with a live singer was pretty cool.
The lake also has its own small-scale light show. They have maybe 50 or more floating trees that light up in coordination with music. They are also used for the ice skating show. It's pretty neat sight.

They have Christmas themed Sealion and Elmo shows, but we did not attend.

We did splurge on one upcharge event, Santa's Fireside Feast. It was a full buffet Christmas dinner, plus several offerings for kids (or adults if you really wanted hot dogs, tenders and fries). With our AP discount it was $65 total with tax for the two of us. This included beer, wine deserts and the special hot chocolate they sell out in the park as well. We got a free photo print, which was taken in front of a backdrop as you entered and later delivered to your table. While you ate, there was a short show with Santa, Mrs. Claus and two elves. Once it was done, you were led up on stage, table by table for a photo op.

All in all, very well done.

IMG_6368.JPG
IMG_6330.JPG
IMG_6382.JPG

Nemo14

I totally agree. We've done Sea World twice at Christmastime, and loved it. Lots of quality entertainment, and great decoration throughout the entire park.

NearTheEars

Original Poster
Now, even though we have APs I don't think we'll visit nearly as much as we go to WDW, but we'll definitely go for the special events throughout the year like this Christmas offering.

And what's nice for a change is that SW seems like they actually care about boosting AP numbers with the amount of giveaways and discounts.

Retroman40

AP holder for SW/BG too and my whole family was pretty impressed with the whole nighttime Christmas thing last night. Sadly some weather around 8 ended the skating show a bit early but everything else was pretty good. The decorations are excellent throughout the park. Rudolph's Village was packed with people eating and drinking (the 10 samples for 35 seems like a good deal - the Epcot festival model perhaps?). As a bonus the three coasters were all walk-on's and especially the Mako is a great experience at night (if you've got the stomach for it).

culturenthrills

SW right now has what I think overall one of the best Christmas events in Central Florida. And hands down probably the two best shows with O Wonderous Night(I am not religious but I love that show) and Winter Wonderland On Ice(the pairs couple this year are amazing). They really do a great job.

Ragerunner

Our family really enjoys both Christmas events at Sea World and Busch Gardens. When you consider they are included in your admission/AP, I rank it as the best Christmas events in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom