Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

PUSH

Andrea - excited to see her again... one of my all-time favorite female Survivors
Brad Culpepper - He was interesting the first time around... it'll be interesting to see if he learned anything from his first mistakes
Aubry - my Koah Rong favorite... super excited to see her play again, hope she isn't a pre-merge boot
Caleb - It'll be nice to see him get a legitimate shot
Ciera - Another one of my female favorites. Always compelling and willing to play hard
JT - I don't need to see anymore JT. Two times is enough. Although It will be fun to see him adapt to how much the game has sped up since HvV
Cirie - Love Cirie. She is the best female Survivor to never win... possibly the best Survivor to never win. I just hope she isn't an early boot like in HvV
Jeff Varner - Again, he doesn't need to return. His crazy play style in Cambodia grew old, but he could add some spice
Debbie - She's a fun character, but I feel like one season is enough of her for my taste
Malcolm - I like the guy. He could go far, so it will be interesting to see.
Hali - You're probably wondering who that is. I have to leave judgement open because no-name returnees like Parvati and Kelley Wentworth have proven to be great second-time players.
Ozzy - Ugh.
Michaela - Super excited to see her again and see what she learns from her mistakes.
Tai - Hopefully he, too, learns from his mistakes, but I grew tired of his story in Koah Rong. Hopefully he transforms back to that lovable guy he was early in his season.
Sandra - I think she's overrated, even as a 2-time winner, but you still have to have her in your top 5 all-time. I'd put her at 4 or 5.If she can pull off a 3rd win, that will be amazing. I'm partly cheering for that actually...
Tony - Hated Tony in Cagayan, love him as a winner. If he keeps up his same game, he'll be a target for as long as he plays.
Sarah - Not a big name, but was the boot in one of the most dramatic Tribals ever. I'll be interested to see her second time.
Troyzan - He was a good player and the only one who actually saw Kim as a dangerous threat in One World. Crazy, but actually smart.
Sierra - Another forgetful person... see Hali for my thoughts
Zeke - I think he could be a great player, but I'd wait a couple season to bring him back. Although I like him more than a lot of the other men on this season.

Overall super excited for next season. Andrea will be my favorite from the gate!

PUSH

Now that I've posted my thoughts on next season, I'll post my final overall thoughts for Millennials vs Gen X.

Adam is a good winner. Not all-time great, but he's pretty solid. I love some of the relationships we saw develop, and I thought there were more touching moments in this season than any ever before. Pre-swap it was pretty slow, so I wish they would have used a double-boot episode there, but the post-swap and merge were fantastic. I don't think you could really ask for a better first-timer cast. Cagayan is the only cast that I recall which can compare.

Players I'd like to see return:

- Mari would be fun, though not likely. Think she had a lot of game in her.
- David
- Zeke
- Michaela
- Adam (a few years down the road, maybe for an all-winners season??)
- Jay

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Now that I've posted my thoughts on next season, I'll post my final overall thoughts for Millennials vs Gen X.

Adam is a good winner. Not all-time great, but he's pretty solid. I love some of the relationships we saw develop, and I thought there were more touching moments in this season than any ever before. Pre-swap it was pretty slow, so I wish they would have used a double-boot episode there, but the post-swap and merge were fantastic. I don't think you could really ask for a better first-timer cast. Cagayan is the only cast that I recall which can compare.

Players I'd like to see return:

- Mari would be fun, though not likely. Think she had a lot of game in her.
- David
- Zeke
- Michaela
- Adam (a few years down the road, maybe for an all-winners season??)
- Jay
I doubt Adam would have the same fire second time around.
I started out a Zeke fan, but that admiration fizzled.
I can barely remember Mari.
Jay would be fun to see again. Michaela too.

Honestly, I think David deserved to win this season just on the strength of the fake hidden immunity idol alone. Everything else was just the icing on the cake.

PUSH

My friend is trying to tell me Survivor is all fake. I asked him if he's ever watched it before, and he said "I don't watch those kind of shows." I'm not sure if he thinks Survivor is just people surviving the outdoors or what...

PUSH

I doubt Adam would have the same fire second time around.
I started out a Zeke fan, but that admiration fizzled.
I can barely remember Mari.
Jay would be fun to see again. Michaela too.

Honestly, I think David deserved to win this season just on the strength of the fake hidden immunity idol alone. Everything else was just the icing on the cake.
My only hiccup with David is he really didn't do anything for the second half of the merge. All the votes were orchestrated by others while he sat in the background. While it was necessary, he was literally saved by one or two people every vote. And while you can draw that up to David for building the foundations of those bonds, you can also take it the other way.

Overall I think Jay, David and Adam were the top three players of the season. Any of them would have been good winners, but each of them has a different reason why they would be a deserving winner. It's hard to compare those reasons.

NYwdwfan

Ok - so wow.

I'm exhausted so just a few thoughts now and more tomorrow. So in the Jay vote Ken wrote Justin. o_O I bawled like crazy during the reunion. Way too much emotion for me to handle. I'm so excited about next season - wish there was a more comprehensive preview. I need to watch the reunion tomorrow - I watched the winner revealed and Adam's story then forwarded to the preview. And now I'm off to sleep.

PUSH

Ok - so wow.

I'm exhausted so just a few thoughts now and more tomorrow. So in the Jay vote Ken wrote Justin. o_O I bawled like crazy during the reunion. Way too much emotion for me to handle. I'm so excited about next season - wish there was a more comprehensive preview. I need to watch the reunion tomorrow - I watched the winner revealed and Adam's story then forwarded to the preview. And now I'm off to sleep.
Jay's real name is Justin. Justin Starrett. Jay is just his nickname.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Jay's real name is Justin. Justin Starrett. Jay is just his nickname.
Yes, I was just going to say this.
It shows that Ken must have had some personal conversations with Jay, as his full name never popped up in a single edit.

PUSH

Yes, I was just going to say this.
It shows that Ken must have had some personal conversations with Jay, as his full name never popped up in a single edit.
I wonder how many personal details players actually have of each other out there. There are 24 hours to kill, most of which is just down time, so I'm assuming there's tons of talking. I would surely want to kill somebody by day 5.

PUSH

I would surely be killed by day 5.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

They'd create an exile island just for you.

And I just got to thinking. I remember when the tribes used to have their own boats to go fishing and everything. There was one season where they went exploring and ended up on another tribe's beach. I wonder how often they go on adventures around the island to see what's there.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

They'd create an exile island just for you.

And I just got to thinking. I remember when the tribes used to have their own boats to go fishing and everything. There was one season where they went exploring and ended up on another tribe's beach. I wonder how often they go on adventures around the island to see what's there.
You need to apply, and then let us know.

GenerationX

David's fake hidden immunity idol was the highlight of the finale. He had clearly spent a lot of time gathering and planning for it, then made it and carefully placed it. Very well done.

I don't know that I'd call next season "Game Changers". Maybe "Random Former Contestants".

PUSH

David's fake hidden immunity idol was the highlight of the finale. He had clearly spent a lot of time gathering and planning for it, then made it and carefully placed it. Very well done.

I don't know that I'd call next season "Game Changers". Maybe "Random Former Contestants".
I thought I heard somewhere they wanted it to be a tribe of winners, jury members and early boots, but they couldn't get it all put together so they changed it last minute.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I belong to a FB Survivor group, and boy oh boy, are they grousing about Adam dropping the dying mom bomb mere minutes before voting.

I'm not suggesting that he wouldn't have won, but I'm not so sure about that 10-0 landslide.

PUSH

I belong to a FB Survivor group, and boy oh boy, are they grousing about Adam dropping the dying mom bomb mere minutes before voting.

I'm not suggesting that he wouldn't have won, but I'm not so sure about that 10-0 landslide.
The same case was made for Jeremy about his baby on the way in Cambodia. While it might have swayed at most one or two people who were on the fence, it didn't change the outcome. From past contestants speaking, most have their minds mostly made up before the final TC. Had it been David instead of Hannah or Ken it would have been closer, but there was a pretty big drop off in gameplay from Adam to Ken and Hannah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom