Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Let's-a-go!!!!!! :D
CzcMSKJUUAAkamM.jpg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Let's-a-go!!!!!! :D
CzcMSKJUUAAkamM.jpg

I think my biggest disappointment (if you could call it that) is that it appears to focus 100% on Mario and exclude any other Nintendo properties and, while that's probably the smartest way to go, it is slightly disappointing that it doesn't appear that my favorite Nintendo property (Legend of Zelda) will play any part in their plan. I mean, I'm really not surprised, Mario outsells all other Nintendo properties by a WIDE margin and is by far the most popular, most recognizable, and most family friendly of the major Nintendo properties, just slightly disappointed that my initial "concerns" were well founded. Nonetheless, it looks like it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing more details. It will also be interesting to see if they do what they did with Harry Potter and essentially just create one complete theme area and more or less copy and paste the entire section into Orlando and Hollywood or if there will be significant changes.

Mike S

I think my biggest disappointment (if you could call it that) is that it appears to focus 100% on Mario and exclude any other Nintendo properties and, while that's probably the smartest way to go, it is slightly disappointing that it doesn't appear that my favorite Nintendo property (Legend of Zelda) will play any part in their plan. I mean, I'm really not surprised, Mario outsells all other Nintendo properties by a WIDE margin and is by far the most popular, most recognizable, and most family friendly of the major Nintendo properties, just slightly disappointed that my initial "concerns" were well founded. Nonetheless, it looks like it will be a lot of fun and I look forward to hearing more details. It will also be interesting to see if they do what they did with Harry Potter and essentially just create one complete theme area and more or less copy and paste the entire section into Orlando and Hollywood or if there will be significant changes.
Zelda will likely be a Diagon Alley type expansion in another park. Pokémon too.

ssidiouss@mac.c

This is great for a land or central hub.. but i think the more interesting and fun lands would be a Donkey Kong area, Animal Crossing area, Pokemon area, and of course Zelda. Kind of like Magic Kingdom.. sure the castle is pretty and all.. but the real fun is to be had in Adventureland, Frontierland, etc..

Mike S

This is great for a land or central hub.. but i think the more interesting and fun lands would be a Donkey Kong area, Animal Crossing area, Pokemon area, and of course Zelda. Kind of like Magic Kingdom.. sure the castle is pretty and all.. but the real fun is to be had in Adventureland, Frontierland, etc..
Donkey Kong is apparently hidden by Mario and Luigi in the concept art.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Let's say it again before someone else makes the same complaint in this thread again "Zelda and Pokemon are rumored to be in the works for an expansion later (possibly at universals 3rd theme park in Orlando". First foot forward being Mario and friends is not a mistake it's the only logical step given their iconic status and they are indeed Nintendo's first huge success and brightest property.

JT3000

Let's say it again before someone else makes the same complaint in this thread again "Zelda and Pokemon are rumored to be in the works for an expansion later (possibly at universals 3rd theme park in Orlando".

Or possibly [redacted]. :cautious:

It's also worth noting that, unlike Hogsmeade, the three (initial) Nintendo projects will probably not be near carbon copies of each other.

Probably.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Original Poster
Or possibly [redacted]. :cautious:

It's also worth noting that, unlike Hogsmeade, the three (initial) Nintendo projects will probably not be near carbon copies of each other.

Probably.
What's redacted DON'T DO THIS TOO MEEE lol all joking aside Nintendo is the one super property for me where honestly going there might make me shed a real tear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom