Clean but affordable

Kierstinn

Original Poster
hi everyone!
I am going to wdw dec 20-29th. We are driving from PA. So we are leaving a little early and want to stay at a hotel near universal or wdw. We are going to take a day and go to universal on the 19th. Does anyone have recommendations? All of the hotels I have looked up have gotten terrible reviews. Please help!!

RMichael21

hi everyone!
I am going to wdw dec 20-29th. We are driving from PA. So we are leaving a little early and want to stay at a hotel near universal or wdw. We are going to take a day and go to universal on the 19th. Does anyone have recommendations? All of the hotels I have looked up have gotten terrible reviews. Please help!!
The Marriott World Center is absolutely fantastic. It has clean rooms, the best breakfast/quick food options and one of the areas best pool complexes. We've stayed there about 3 times now and we love it.

It's directly across the highway from WDW (just cross the overpass and you're on Disney property) and about a 20-25 minute drive from Universal.

trr1

hi everyone!
are you staying on property at WDW? and if its just one day at Universal there is BEST WESTERN ORLANDO GATEWAY or
COMFORT INN & SUITES
BONUS BENEFIT HOTEL!

Guests staying at this hotel receive the following Bonus Benefits - be sure to pick up your coupons at check-in:

• Discounts on merchandise* at select theme park locations, Blue Man Group and Wet 'n Wild® Orlando
  • Discounts on food and non-alcoholic beverages at select Universal CityWalk® and theme park locations
  • Scheduled transportation^ to Universal Orlando® theme parks
*Restrictions apply and benefits subject to change without notice. Discounts are not valid at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Excludes all Harry Potter merchandise available at Islands of Adventure Trading Company and Universal Studios Store, film, batteries, candy, tobacco, sundries and media. Not valid with any other offers, promotions or discounts. ^Reservations required. Transportation schedule and availability are subject to change without notice.

Valid Booking Dates: Now - 12/31/2016

Applicable promotions will display with your room selection. Some restrictions may apply.

or if you can stay at Cabana bay overnight and get early admission to the park

Kierstinn

Original Poster
are you staying on property at WDW? and if its just one day at Universal there is BEST WESTERN ORLANDO GATEWAY or
COMFORT INN & SUITES
BONUS BENEFIT HOTEL!

Guests staying at this hotel receive the following Bonus Benefits - be sure to pick up your coupons at check-in:

• Discounts on merchandise* at select theme park locations, Blue Man Group and Wet 'n Wild® Orlando
    • Discounts on food and non-alcoholic beverages at select Universal CityWalk® and theme park locations
    • Scheduled transportation^ to Universal Orlando® theme parks
*Restrictions apply and benefits subject to change without notice. Discounts are not valid at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Excludes all Harry Potter merchandise available at Islands of Adventure Trading Company and Universal Studios Store, film, batteries, candy, tobacco, sundries and media. Not valid with any other offers, promotions or discounts. ^Reservations required. Transportation schedule and availability are subject to change without notice.

Valid Booking Dates: Now - 12/31/2016

Applicable promotions will display with your room selection. Some restrictions may apply.

or if you can stay at Cabana bay overnight and get early admission to the park

Yes we are. Since we are driving we will get there a day earlier to do universal. We have main gate lakeside booked but I looked further into the hotel and there are reviews/pictures showing bed bugs in previous years and how dirty the place is.

Kierstinn

Original Poster
The Marriott World Center is absolutely fantastic. It has clean rooms, the best breakfast/quick food options and one of the areas best pool complexes. We've stayed there about 3 times now and we love it.

It's directly across the highway from WDW (just cross the overpass and you're on Disney property) and about a 20-25 minute drive from Universal.
Thank you I'll check it out !

Figgy1

Premium Member
We stayed one night at Country Inn and Suites near Universal and found it both clean and affordable. Granted we only really slept there but it did have a mini fridge and microwave and a complimentary breakfast we didn't try because we had our own food(allergies).

matt clark

3 bedroom 2 bath at world quest villas in my opinion is the ONLY way to go.
only bad thing ive ever experienced is that we had ants in one of the rooms and connecting bathroom one of the many many times we have gone there.... and
because of that, they knocked $50 off of my bill!

I LOVE that place. you get a home away from home for under $200 a night.
if you are a florida resident its less than $150 a night.
http://www.worldquestorlando.com/

if you decide to go.. i doubt you will EVER stay anywhere else.

SiriuslySarah

I do not know if you have already reserved but we always stay at Sunsol on International Drive when we go. Most I've ever paid per night was $83 and I have always gone during peak seasons. Resort like quality for half the price. Very clean.

trr1

Yes we are. Since we are driving we will get there a day earlier to do universal. We have main gate lakeside booked but I looked further into the hotel and there are reviews/pictures showing bed bugs in previous years and how dirty the place is.
how was your trip?

matt clark

World quest is like $130 a night for a 3 bedroom 2 bath. That's nicer than that suite. WAY more space.... and you arent paying $20 per day for parking etc.
you are going to turn down a Jacuzzi tub???
when you throw down the AAA and florida residence specials you are looking at $127-170 per night depending on the day you are looking for.

plus you get FREE breakfast. Not that its the worlds greatest meal, but dont act like we dont get nickel and dimed for EVERYTHING on site.
worldquest-orlando-resort-family-condo-rentals_wm_thumb_1600x645.jpg
master-bath-a.jpg
E096AE76b0B2473-O5474542.jpg

JoeCamel

World quest is like $130 a night for a 3 bedroom 2 bath. That's nicer than that suite. WAY more space.... and you arent paying $20 per day for parking etc.
you are going to turn down a Jacuzzi tub???
when you throw down the AAA and florida residence specials you are looking at $127-170 per night depending on the day you are looking for.

plus you get FREE breakfast. Not that its the worlds greatest meal, but dont act like we dont get nickel and dimed for EVERYTHING on site.
worldquest-orlando-resort-family-condo-rentals_wm_thumb_1600x645.jpg
master-bath-a.jpg
E096AE76b0B2473-O5474542.jpg

Still rather be at CBBR. I am not going to a hotel to stay in the room. That is for sleeping and showering and a place to store my junk. Other than that I am using the hotel amenities (Hot tub, lazy river included) or am in the park. If I have to waste my time traveling to those places it is not worth it and CBBR family suite is the same price to stay onsite.

IAmFloridaBorn

Still rather be at CBBR. I am not going to a hotel to stay in the room. That is for sleeping and showering and a place to store my junk. Other than that I am using the hotel amenities (Hot tub, lazy river included) or am in the park. If I have to waste my time traveling to those places it is not worth it and CBBR family suite is the same price to stay onsite.
Not to mention the onsite additions in a place like Cabana Bay pay for them selves. Not even comparable. But I guess Disney World people who come every year like to be closer to disney. I would much rather be in the city.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom